Poll: Move I&I's threads?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

All threads started by I&I should be moved to Conspiracy Theories Section.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-05-2013, 12:33 PM
RE: All threads started by I&I should be moved to Conspiracy Theories Section.
(15-05-2013 11:01 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  My reasoning on this is the fact that whenever he starts a thread either he makes some insane claim in the OP or waits until someone posts and then snaps at them using his preconceived theory. His posts generally limit the amount of attention any subject receives since it almost always ends up in a fight between him and anyone else posting in the thread. His favorite line is 'Aren't you an Atheist" and as such is conspiracy not news politics or history. Lets just add him to the correct subforum so we can clean up the nonpsycho-bable subs for actual discussion.

I don't snap at anyone in a thread that doesn't talk shit to me first. Find any thread of mine and show me where I start the shit talking and insults.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-05-2013, 12:34 PM
(15-05-2013 12:33 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(15-05-2013 11:01 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  My reasoning on this is the fact that whenever he starts a thread either he makes some insane claim in the OP or waits until someone posts and then snaps at them using his preconceived theory. His posts generally limit the amount of attention any subject receives since it almost always ends up in a fight between him and anyone else posting in the thread. His favorite line is 'Aren't you an Atheist" and as such is conspiracy not news politics or history. Lets just add him to the correct subforum so we can clean up the nonpsycho-bable subs for actual discussion.

I don't snap at anyone in a thread that doesn't talk shit to me first. Find any thread of mine and show me where I start the shit talking and insults.

The previous page on this very thread.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
15-05-2013, 12:34 PM
(15-05-2013 12:31 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(15-05-2013 10:46 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  The problem he has is that he's ruined himself.
Take his thread on should we tax soft drinks heavily. That is a serious topic that could have serious discussion.
ie: I personally think we should tax the shit out of junk food and have tax free fruit and veg (and milk).
But I can't go into an I&I thread and say that because I would be wasting my time.

You mean you can't go into a thread and agree with someone because it might hurt your ego....

No, I mean I can't go into one of your threads because:
a) I can't take you serious enough
b) others can't take you serious enough
c) it will no doubt end up being about some conspiracy ruining the whole thread

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
15-05-2013, 12:36 PM

That's kind of funny. Funny in the way that you beat a lot of people to talking shit because the OP's a lot of the time are shit. You're getting as good as you give.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
15-05-2013, 12:36 PM

You miss the point.

Your threads are usually full of presupposition and are laden with innuendo and attitude. They are inherently disingenuous.

Try losing the attitude and rhetorical crap and just state clearly what your point is and what the evidence is.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
15-05-2013, 12:40 PM
Or better yet, leave you troll.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
15-05-2013, 12:40 PM
(15-05-2013 12:36 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(15-05-2013 12:33 PM)I and I Wrote:  I don't snap at anyone in a thread that doesn't talk shit to me first. Find any thread of mine and show me where I start the shit talking and insults.

You miss the point.

Your threads are usually full of presupposition and are laden with innuendo and attitude. They are inherently disingenuous.

Try losing the attitude and rhetorical crap and just state clearly what your point is and what the evidence is.

Well, if he did that, then clearly he would have to start posting his threads in the conspiracy section....

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
15-05-2013, 01:14 PM
While I can ignore I & I and can even deal with being ignored, the really frustrating bit is that he starts so many bloody threads. 7 of the new posts and/or threads right now are started by I & I. Anything I care about, gets swamped out by bullshit.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
15-05-2013, 01:14 PM

(08-05-2013 01:09 PM)I and I Wrote:  oh how the panties of this forum are going to do some major twisting.

Judaism seems to be extremely popular on this atheist forum for some strange reason, as is Stephen Hawking and other scientists. What happens to the peoples brain on here when two of their favorite things to love has a head on collision?

Stephen Hawking is boycotting the upcoming high profile conference in Israel. Ruh Roh kids, what are we to do.....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2013/m...ott-furore

You may now kill the messenger in form of hiding ones opinions on the topic)

Drinking Beverage

(13-05-2013 11:39 PM)I and I Wrote:  Eat this and eat it hard sheep.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...video.html

Apparently you guys who have absolutely NO PROBLEM with the U.S. funding and arming terrorists in Syria, now you have more to look forward to, A recipe book by the Syrian Rebels. I posted the first recipe that will be in the Syrian rebel cook book.

here comes the "kill the messenger parade" Drinking Beverage

(17-04-2013 08:13 AM)I and I Wrote:  Lately it's a trend among liberals to denounce Che because they claim he killed homosexuals.

Whether or not they were targeted because they were gay is never discussed or proven.

Many of the claims come from books written by people that were exiled from the island for attempting to overthrow Castro and now live in the U.S. And this info is thought to be reliable by liberals. Rolleyes

The fact that liberals are concerned about what happened in the past over what is happening now is typical liberal approach. This approach is similar to the conservative approach but a slight variation. Conservatives believe the U.S. never did anything bad and liberals believe the U.S. doesn't do anything bad. Liberals love to talk a good game but only about things in the past like U.S. aggression against other people in the past, however no liberal ever believes that the U.S. is doing bad things in the present tense.

during the build up to the Iraq war many liberal mainstream media were doing what the conservative media was doing and assisted in convincing the public to support a war and it was only after a little bit of time after the war began did the liberal media come out against it and of course pretended to be against it all along. The bad things the U.S. does according to a liberal is never in the present tense but only in the past tense.

Both Conservative and liberal approaches allow for the U.S. to continue it's imperialist aims hence not being of any real substantive difference.

A small selection.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 5 users Like Revenant77x's post
15-05-2013, 02:59 PM
(15-05-2013 10:36 AM)Chas Wrote:  No one is suggesting limiting his speech. The suggestion is for moderators to moderate, to put threads in the appropriate forums.

Should that be the view then it would only be right to move the threads of everyone who suggests politicians have ulterior motives.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.