"All you need is God."

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-03-2015, 02:03 PM
RE: "All you need is God."
(27-03-2015 02:03 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  
(27-03-2015 01:30 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Is it? Personally, I've encountered quite a number of atheists in my witnessing faith who rejected love as anything concrete in any way.

Plus, I was indulging in a little humorous parody on this thread. Take it easy. Relax. Smoke a doobie or something...

I am quite relaxed actually, and was when the post was written. Anyone attempting to even suggest that to experience real love (or any emotion) requires a belief in a magical skydaddy is a Jackass. I know real love, you know conditional and pressured love. See what you did, now I am not calm - Jackass.

Okay, I'll bite. What is "real love" taken from your dialectical, materialist, Darwinian point of view?

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-03-2015, 03:18 PM
(30-03-2015 02:03 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(27-03-2015 02:03 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  I am quite relaxed actually, and was when the post was written. Anyone attempting to even suggest that to experience real love (or any emotion) requires a belief in a magical skydaddy is a Jackass. I know real love, you know conditional and pressured love. See what you did, now I am not calm - Jackass.

Okay, I'll bite. What is "real love" taken from your dialectical, materialist, Darwinian point of view?

http://www.asdn.net/asdn/chemistry/chemi...love.shtml

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biological_basis_of_love

Since I owe you what I meant by real love - it is all in the brain. What I describe as real love is a product of real chemicals, being passed among real neurotransmitters, inside a real brain. All emotions reside in and are a product of our brains. Unless these chemicals perform their function in the brain, real love may not be attained. On the other hand, you will spout about how you love everybody, and water down and diminish the real emotion that it is. Your love is derived from orders, ultimatums, and the self righteous feel good teachings of your religion.

So back to what pissed me off and triggered my comments - unless you recant your statement about atheists "not knowing love", I will continue to see you as a self righteous jackass. The fact that you need god as a prerequisite to love someone says it all right there - ignorant putz.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Timber1025's post
30-03-2015, 04:02 PM

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
01-04-2015, 02:05 PM
(30-03-2015 03:18 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  
(30-03-2015 02:03 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Okay, I'll bite. What is "real love" taken from your dialectical, materialist, Darwinian point of view?

http://www.asdn.net/asdn/chemistry/chemi...love.shtml

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biological_basis_of_love

Since I owe you what I meant by real love - it is all in the brain. What I describe as real love is a product of real chemicals, being passed among real neurotransmitters, inside a real brain. All emotions reside in and are a product of our brains. Unless these chemicals perform their function in the brain, real love may not be attained. On the other hand, you will spout about how you love everybody, and water down and diminish the real emotion that it is. Your love is derived from orders, ultimatums, and the self righteous feel good teachings of your religion.

So back to what pissed me off and triggered my comments - unless you recant your statement about atheists "not knowing love", I will continue to see you as a self righteous jackass. The fact that you need god as a prerequisite to love someone says it all right there - ignorant putz.

And thus lies the real problem. What do YOU do when the chemicals "wear off"? While I'm sure you are very nice and wouldn't walk out on a relationship because you have no longer any romantic feelings... I'm not trying to anger you, but I'm pointing out that by definition, real love may wear away for a skeptic.

...Christian love is a verb, a choice, an action, a self-sacrificing mode.

Thanks.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user