All you sheepels refuse to open your minds to the possibility you are being lied too.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-07-2017, 06:29 AM
RE: All you sheepels refuse to open your minds to the possibility you are being lied too.
Everyone and I mean absolutely everyone who believes in a flat earth must necessarily have a serious mental illness no exceptions. If any flat earther anywhere at any time commits a murder they should always without exception be found not guilty by reason of insanity.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
08-07-2017, 07:03 AM
RE: All you sheepels refuse to open your minds to the possibility you are being lied too.
(08-07-2017 06:29 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Everyone and I mean absolutely everyone who believes in a flat earth must necessarily have a serious mental illness no exceptions. If any flat earther anywhere at any time commits a murder they should always without exception be found not guilty by reason of insanity.

No. Because oddly enough people compartmentalise their craziness. Hence why hectic Christians do in fact go to the doctor...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
08-07-2017, 07:08 AM
(08-07-2017 07:03 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(08-07-2017 06:29 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Everyone and I mean absolutely everyone who believes in a flat earth must necessarily have a serious mental illness no exceptions. If any flat earther anywhere at any time commits a murder they should always without exception be found not guilty by reason of insanity.

No. Because oddly enough people compartmentalise their craziness. Hence why hectic Christians do in fact go to the doctor...

Lol, if you're capable of compartmentalising craziness of that magnitude that's gotta be a serious mental illness right thereTongue Wink
08-07-2017, 04:20 PM
(08-07-2017 04:32 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  So I've recently developed a new fascination, well.. besides the one I've been going on about in the ranting corner. Flattards aka Flat Earthers.

To me, the idea that the Earth is flat has got to be the dumbest shit someone could possibly ever believe in. Even more so than God, and the idea that there's a God is pretty fucking retarded. So I've become fascinated by flattards arguments.

Dive deep enough into atheism v theism and there's gonna be some questions that theists ask you that you don't have an answer for right away, nothing game changing of course and a simple bit of googling or thinking about it in a different way will easily refute it but still. But with flattards... omg.. every. single. one. of their arguments is an instant "that's so fucking dumb because X obviously proves that wrong". It boggles the mind the arguments these flattards find convincing.

I've also come to find that most, if not all, tend to be religious and part of their argument usually resorts to us being in a bubble (The Firmament) which apparently proves God and that we're special etc.. They also tend to be very anti-government/establishment. Another big argument is the $18.4billion dollars NASA takes. One of my favourite arguments was that there is simply more worlds and the government is trying to keep it secret from everyone to keep resources scarce to make money and control everything. And that these other land masses out of reach might have people who might not even know about us etc.. I did enjoy that argument. The other common one tends to be "well who's taking photo's of all these satellites". And pretty much 100% of them don't believe the Moon landing actually happened.

Discuss.

Dude muff, if you think that's insane and stupid go looking for a group propping up the "Electric Universe Theory" they don't accept the evidence of the big bang, which is fine... but.... they also don't think gravity is holding you on this planet. They honestly think the planet is holding you down with the power of electromagnetism.... NOT fucking kidding..... (facepalm)

I mean never mind the idea that you'd be electrocuted. But the only part of your body that's going to really be attracted to a magnet the size of the earth is the iron in your blood. I'm gonna guess that having all the iron in your body forcibly removed by an earth sized electromagnet (before your lifeless husk is thrown off into space) prolly wouldn't be very pleasant. But they are dogmatic about it.

I made a bunch of posts debunking this bullshit on the atheistnexus forum where there's an atheist that bought into this asinine idea.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
08-07-2017, 09:49 PM
RE: All you sheepels refuse to open your minds to the possibility you are bein
I'm sure there's a broad range of beliefs but do these people believe there's no fusion process in the core of the sun or are they just saying that's not what heats the earth or what? Sunlight is electromagnetic energy. That's nothing new. Then I guess they exploit that we just don't exactly for sure understand why the corona is so hot. If they don't believe in fusion do they consider the origins of the elements an unsolved mystery?

I know you're talking about people who don't even believe in gravity so I guess I'm talking about people who haven't taken their belief in this theory to such extreme lengths. It almost seems like some of them mistakenly believe that normal people don't know what electromagnetic radiation is.
08-07-2017, 09:53 PM
(08-07-2017 04:32 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I've also come to find that most, if not all, tend to be religious and part of their argument usually resorts to us being in a bubble (The Firmament) which apparently proves God and that we're special etc.. They also tend to be very anti-government/establishment.

Watched a youtube clip about this a while back. Just one. The sheer idiocy of one nearly knocked me out.
Their argument for why people say the Earth is round is, apparently, a conspiracy to make believers depressed by the fact that they are not god's special, magical lovebunnies.
The logic is painful. Flat Earth: God loves us. Round Earth: Suicidal depression.

A conspiracy invented by the rich and powerful so god's soldiers won't have the strength to fight them bla bla bull brain injured narcissist. Facepalm

The sadder part is, the speaker actually thought they were in control of the world. That because they knew the truth the rich and powerful couldn't get anything done. Like engineered crops. Never happened.

If ignorance is bliss, these are the happiest morons on our round planet.

"Old men make old words holy. - A fool may scrawl on a slate and if no one has the wit to wipe it clean for a thousand years the scrawl becomes the wisdom of ages."

Honorous J. Ancrath
08-07-2017, 09:55 PM
Stupid people...clearly the earth is a bowl. That's why we don't fall out.

The outside is transparent so it only appears somewhat round.

And the moon is a hologram.

/thread

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
08-07-2017, 10:00 PM
RE: All you sheepels...
FELFAT

Enjoy the madness.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
09-07-2017, 12:02 AM
(08-07-2017 09:55 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Stupid people...clearly the earth is a bowl. That's why we don't fall out.

The outside is transparent so it only appears somewhat round.

And the moon is a hologram.

/thread

If the Earth was a bowl wouldn't we all sink to the bottom?

[Image: oscar.png]
09-07-2017, 01:29 AM
(08-07-2017 05:47 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  A triangular based pyramid would have three corners.

4 corners actually, 3 at the base and 1 at the top.

[Image: 7826134.png]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post