All you sheepels refuse to open your minds to the possibility you are being lied too.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-07-2017, 06:25 AM
RE: All you sheepels refuse to open your minds to the possibility you are being lied too.
(10-07-2017 06:16 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(08-07-2017 06:08 AM)unfogged Wrote:  3 on the base plus 1 at the top is 4
Who counts the peak as a corner?

It depends on how you look at it. Flip a triangular pyramid over and a corner becomes the peak and vice-versa.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
10-07-2017, 07:05 AM
RE: All you sheepels refuse to open your minds to the possibility you are being lied too.
(08-07-2017 09:55 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Stupid people...clearly the earth is a bowl. That's why we don't fall out.

The outside is transparent so it only appears somewhat round.

And the moon is a hologram.

/thread

I think we need to come up with a Grand Unified Theory.
What about my triangular based pyramid with concave faces thus combining the two ideas?
I can not accept the moon being a hologram though. The moon is sufficiently explained in my theory. Remember the simplest explanation is the best.
Also I'm not at all sure about it being the shape that holds us in place although it probably helps. I think it a lack of alcohol. If we drink too much we get light headed which is surely the first sign of floating up.

What do you mean Life is short. It's the longest thing you're going to do.
[+] 2 users Like stevec's post
10-07-2017, 08:47 AM
[Image: DodecaGlobeBanr.jpg]

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
10-07-2017, 11:39 AM
(10-07-2017 07:05 AM)stevec Wrote:  I can not accept the moon being a hologram though.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

10-07-2017, 12:24 PM
(10-07-2017 11:39 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(10-07-2017 07:05 AM)stevec Wrote:  I can not accept the moon being a hologram though.

Shocking

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
10-07-2017, 03:58 PM
RE: All you sheepels refuse to open your minds to the possibility you are being lied
(08-07-2017 04:32 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  So I've recently developed a new fascination, well.. besides the one I've been going on about in the ranting corner. Flattards aka Flat Earthers.

To me, the idea that the Earth is flat has got to be the dumbest shit someone could possibly ever believe in. Even more so than God, and the idea that there's a God is pretty fucking retarded. So I've become fascinated by flattards arguments.

Dive deep enough into atheism v theism and there's gonna be some questions that theists ask you that you don't have an answer for right away, nothing game changing of course and a simple bit of googling or thinking about it in a different way will easily refute it but still. But with flattards... omg.. every. single. one. of their arguments is an instant "that's so fucking dumb because X obviously proves that wrong". It boggles the mind the arguments these flattards find convincing.

I've also come to find that most, if not all, tend to be religious and part of their argument usually resorts to us being in a bubble (The Firmament) which apparently proves God and that we're special etc.. They also tend to be very anti-government/establishment. Another big argument is the $18.4billion dollars NASA takes. One of my favourite arguments was that there is simply more worlds and the government is trying to keep it secret from everyone to keep resources scarce to make money and control everything. And that these other land masses out of reach might have people who might not even know about us etc.. I did enjoy that argument. The other common one tends to be "well who's taking photo's of all these satellites". And pretty much 100% of them don't believe the Moon landing actually happened.

Discuss.

Flat-Earthers are relatively tame, as such things go:

http://www.internationalskeptics.com/for...php?t=1075
http://www.worldcat.org/title/braheian-d...c/14200899
https://www.amazon.com/Hollow-Earth-Dr-R...1365522296
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/a...Earth.html
https://www.theatlantic.com/national/arc...nt/354496/

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
15-07-2017, 05:45 PM
(10-07-2017 06:24 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  You fuels! The world is a ring!

[Image: halo_ring_world_by_artbygp-dae5cki.jpg]

You've clearly been reading too much Larry Niven, although (as a "yuge" Niven fan), I'm not sure that's possible.

Disappointing theists since 1968
20-07-2017, 09:58 AM
All you sheepels refuse to open your minds to the possibility you are being lied too.
(10-07-2017 07:05 AM)stevec Wrote:  
(08-07-2017 09:55 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Stupid people...clearly the earth is a bowl. That's why we don't fall out.

The outside is transparent so it only appears somewhat round.

And the moon is a hologram.

/thread

I think we need to come up with a Grand Unified Theory.
What about my triangular based pyramid with concave faces thus combining the two ideas?
I can not accept the moon being a hologram though. The moon is sufficiently explained in my theory. Remember the simplest explanation is the best.
Also I'm not at all sure about it being the shape that holds us in place although it probably helps. I think it a lack of alcohol. If we drink too much we get light headed which is surely the first sign of floating up.

In light of further evidence which has recently come to light the two theories can not be accurately combined into one Grand Unified theory. The main reason being that the theory of a bowl shape is wrong.
My theory as it stands explained everything we then knew. But also, without modification, explains the Flat Earth ideas. Each of the 4 sides is flat!

Also, other theories for the shape of the Earth that have been put forward on this thread are equally risible. Multi-faceted Earth.......Too many corners. Ring World......not enough corners.

What do you mean Life is short. It's the longest thing you're going to do.
20-07-2017, 11:34 AM
Flat Earth
Silly humans.

If the Earth were flat, cats would've knocked everything off it by now.

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom
[+] 1 user Likes Reducetarian's post