Alla

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-02-2014, 09:16 AM
RE: Alla
(15-02-2014 11:34 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(15-02-2014 11:07 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Well clearly, it's because IA doesn't spend enough time bitching about his own country to warrant talking about other people's faiths! Is mormonism racist? Well if you come from a country with institutionalized segregation, Chippy thinks you don't get a voice at this table! Which is funny, because this goes against Chippy's zeal for the 'facts', and if what IA says is factually accurate, who cares where he is from?

So I better get right on bitching about America's terrible wealth inequality before I start mocking Alla again. Because heaven forbid that I might point out that the LDS is essentially a tax-free corporation, and I live in a country with terrible wealth inequality; Chippy's going to call me a hypocrite and say that I too don't have a voice at this table!

So Chippy, what post count do you require for me to complain about the terrible shit in my own country, so that I don't have to deal with your blowhard bullshit and personal attacks to the chorus of 'hypocrisy'? Consider

The Indian caste system is as ugly and brutal as South African apartheid; don't trivialise the matter by comparing it to the wealth distribution in the USA. Dalits starve to death in India, no one starves to death in the USA. Dalits are also bought and sold as slaves and the government is indifferent.

No, I'm not going to sit idly by and watch some high-caste Indian asshole repeatedly make "moral" criticisms of any aspect of Western culture when Indian society is organised like an ant colony and he is clearly a beneficiary of the exploitative regime.

As far as I'm concerned he has no "voice at the table" and I will continue to make that point. IndianAsshole is a hypocrite and has zero moral authority on matters of racism, discrimination, prejudice and economic exploitation. More so because he has not made one post critical of the regime he benefits from.

The very situation of a high-caste Indian criticizing a Western religion for being discriminatory is so absurd that it could be passed-off as satire of the privileged castes. It is so ironic it is bordering on the absurdist. It is a joke--and I mean that literally.

I honestly don't think you have given this matter enough thought. Americans are usually irony-impaired and this appears to be yet another example of this. I'll lay it out explicitly for you, again:

It is an extreme incongruity for a member of a privileged caste in India to criticize a religion other than Hinduism for being discriminatory. The irony of this situation is so extreme that it resembles self-parody.

As far as I am concerned that absurdity needs to be commented upon and I will continue to do so.

PS:- What IndianAsshole posts is consistent with Frankfurtian bullshit; which Frankfurt defined in his booklet On Bullshit. If you want to read and imbibe bullshit then do so but I choose to point it out.

Right, and attacking someone personally instead of addressing their arguments is totally not just an Ad Hominem. You're being an unwarranted asshole because of your own assumptions; you are assuming that just because you have not seen AI post anything critical of the caste system that he somehow implicitly condones it and is deserving of being attacked personally. The point is not the severity of the caste system versus wealth inequality, it's that you're attacking other members over your assumption on their opinions of injustice happening in their country; and I don't think that you're so stupid as to have made that mistake accidently. Sorry Chippy, but this forum does not revolve around it's members prostrating themselves around your fucking judgments and opinions, making sure that they clear themselve with your discerning intellect before daring to have or voice their fucking opinion.

Everything you posted about the caste system and it's injustices is spot on. But just like every fucking time you do this, you fuck up the delivery. You are like a preeminent District Attorney that losses the jury on the cross examination every fucking time because of your overly abrasive presentation. As of right now you're just an asshole and a bully, one who I am inclined to listen to less and less every time you lose your shit. So if your ultimate goal is to point out the injustice of the caste system, the last thing you want to do is place that entire burden upon another forum member who just happens to be from India; because anyone who you were hoping to reach will be turned away by your unwarranted attack. Thus you end up failing miserably at your own professed objective.

You are in dire need of a PR manager, or a heavy dose Adderall.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 12 users Like EvolutionKills's post
16-02-2014, 11:20 AM
(16-02-2014 09:16 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  You are in dire need of a buckshot to the temple, or a heavy dose of cyanide.
there fixed that for ya.Thumbsup

Dreams/Hallucinations/delusions are not evidence
Wishful thinking is not evidence
Disproved statements&Illogical conclusions are not evidence
Logical fallacies&Unsubstantiated claims are not evidence
Vague prophecies is not evidence
Data that requires a certain belief is not evidence
[+] 1 user Likes IndianAtheist's post
16-02-2014, 11:48 AM
(16-02-2014 08:06 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Of course, ChimpyChump seems to conveniently forget that his Australia is populated entirely with criminals who were kicked out of England, squatting on Aboriginal lands and living as parasites off their blood.

All of which ChimpyChump is personally responsible for, since he claims that IA is personally responsible for all that is wrong in India. Hobo
You forget the most important bit, the Stolen Generation, where the white government deemed all Aborigines unfit to bring up children thus they stole their children and gave them to white people.

Admittedly Keven Rudd was man enough to apologise for this travesty but he did get quite a bit of flak from the white people for doing so. At this point I'm not sure which side of the fence Chippy stands on. I assume our little racist is a white person but really I think we must insist he make an apology to the Aborigines and denounce all the moral crimes that whites have done to them in Australia before Chippy can continue with any posts on TTA, especially his hypocritical tyraid "man" tantrums against IndianAtheist for being an Indian.

There is a great Australian song which is just so perfect to the situation Chippy painted himself into
How can we dance when our "beds are burning"?
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
16-02-2014, 11:56 AM
I don't know why, if Chippy wanted to turn a thread about "Alla" into a thread about "Hinduism and the Indian Caste System", then why didn't Chippy simply open a new thread in which he posted these things there, and discussed it there. Then I would seem worthy and fitting a post. This just seems like yelling at someone for something they also agree with you on, but still yelling at them for it.

P.S., Chippy, you really need to do something about all those damned Cane Toads in Australia! Just letting them all hop all around, poisoning dogs and wild life. Why do you want dead dogs and wild life? You should really be focusing on that problem, not rats and cows in India. You're country has it's own problems, and you should admit to them instead of hiding from them! Stupid, shitty, fucking Cane Toads!!

16-02-2014, 12:18 PM
On Page 1, I asked if Alla even posts anymore and I was assured she posts far too often, but here we are 20 pages later and she hasn't even poked her head into a post specifically titled to get her here. Meanwhile, the post has gone all over the world with no sight of Alla. Maybe the ghost of Joseph Smith kidnapped her.

Check out my atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
16-02-2014, 12:18 PM
(16-02-2014 11:48 AM)Stevil Wrote:  ...
How can we dance when our "beds are burning"?

Good song.

I'm reminded of Rabbit Proof Fence.

16-02-2014, 01:55 PM
(16-02-2014 12:18 PM)DLJ Wrote:  I'm reminded of Rabbit Proof Fence.
I watched that movie on a plane flight. It is not the type of movie that I would generally go out of my way to watch. But it was very good, and brought to my attention the Stolen Generation. It's things like these that people don't generally talk about, as you would expect it wouldn't be a part of casual chit chat.

The ideas that people get into their heads can be quite crazy and it certainly reinforces the saying "the road to hell is paved with good intentions". When people with strong moral convictions get into power then this sort of stuff is sadly inevitable.
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
16-02-2014, 02:05 PM
(16-02-2014 08:12 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(16-02-2014 07:44 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  What's up with these n00bs? Dodgy

They need moar Gwynnies.

[Image: topless3.jpg]

Oh my.

[Image: ohmy.jpg]

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
16-02-2014, 02:43 PM (This post was last modified: 16-02-2014 02:55 PM by GirlyMan.)
(16-02-2014 09:16 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Everything you posted about the caste system and it's injustices is spot on. But just like every fucking time you do this, you fuck up the delivery. You are like a preeminent District Attorney that losses the jury on the cross examination every fucking time because of your overly abrasive presentation. As of right now you're just an asshole and a bully, one who I am inclined to listen to less and less every time you lose your shit. So if your ultimate goal is to point out the injustice of the caste system, the last thing you want to do is place that entire burden upon another forum member who just happens to be from India; because anyone who you were hoping to reach will be turned away by your unwarranted attack. Thus you end up failing miserably at your own professed objective.

You are in dire need of a PR manager, or a heavy dose Adderall.

I think, much like forum member TrainWreck, it's easy to misconstrue Chippy's intent. His ad hominems are often creative and even brilliant. Even when he's going after Girly I'm thinking "I am so fucking gonna steal that shit." But unlike TrainWreck, Chippy ain't trying to sell a rewickering of the Dewey Decimal System, he's just calling bullshit. He just calls it as a proper prick is all. ... Think I might start a "Chippy's Greatest Hits" compilation.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
16-02-2014, 03:00 PM
(16-02-2014 02:43 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  ...
Think I might start a "Chippy's Greatest Hits" compilation.

That thought crossed my befuddled mind too.

Or similar... I was thinking of a hit list. Crossing off our names as we get bashed.

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post