Alla

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-02-2014, 12:49 AM
RE: Alla
(20-02-2014 12:39 AM)Stevil Wrote:  Hey Youkay,

Thanks for your input and clarifications. Much appreciated.

You are a thickhead. A simple point had to be repeated multiple times just so that you would understand it.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-02-2014, 12:57 AM
Read this you ignoramus:

whatever
n related pronoun & determiner used to emphasize a lack of restriction in referring to any thing, no matter what.
n interrogative pronoun used for emphasis instead of 'what' in questions.
n adverb
1 [with negative] at all; of any kind.
2 informal no matter what happens.
n exclamation informal a response indicating a reluctance to discuss something, often implying indifference.

I used the word "whatever" as a determiner to remove any restriction from the term "benefit" which followed it. The scope of the term "benefit" was made as broad and general as possible to indicate that I am not referring to the symptoms of anxiety and depression.

My writing is grammatically correct. You are just too stupid to understand it.
20-02-2014, 01:20 AM
This is why I stopped joining committees!

Jeez!

Now, did anyone else have any questions for Alla?

Find all posts by this user
20-02-2014, 01:26 AM
(20-02-2014 01:20 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Now, did anyone else have any questions for Alla?

The purpose was to spare Alla from more of IndianAsshole's hypocritical toss off posts. Anything else is a bonus.
20-02-2014, 01:50 AM
(20-02-2014 01:26 AM)Chippy Wrote:  
(20-02-2014 01:20 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Now, did anyone else have any questions for Alla?

The purpose was to spare Alla from more of IndianAsshole's hypocritical toss off posts. Anything else is a bonus.

Nice of you to take the bullet.

Meanwhile, I was thinking about solutions to the caste issue.
Given that this system has taken millennium to evolve - to the point where those in it don't see it, much like European and Japanese feudal systems - what would It take for things to change?

I think some things are in place that caused change in other nations e.g. industrialisation and increased wealth per capita. But the impact of WWII wrt equalising the classes shouldn't be underestimated.

So I think it needs an internal social rights awareness thing. It's hard to envisage an black/gay rights type movement happening in the near future.

But a 'what if' did occur to me... What if all Indians who recognise inequality as an issue changed their names to e.g. Smith (or the classless Indian equivalent)?

I think that kind of passive protest might be fitting with the Indian way of doing things.

20-02-2014, 03:45 AM
(20-02-2014 12:57 AM)Chippy Wrote:  I used the word "whatever" as a determiner to remove any restriction from the term "benefit" which followed it. The scope of the term "benefit" was made as broad and general as possible to indicate that I am not referring to the symptoms of anxiety and depression.

Paragraph
Quote:A paragraph (from the Greek paragraphos, "to write beside" or "written beside") is a self-contained unit of a discourse in writing dealing with a particular point or idea.
In the context of the paragraph you were making a claim, relating RDA of vitamins and their benefit towards anxiety and depression.

However,
There is no proven benefit whatsoever with regards to taking vitamins in order to alleviate anxiety or depression.
20-02-2014, 06:38 AM
(20-02-2014 03:45 AM)Stevil Wrote:  In the context of the paragraph you were making a claim, relating RDA of vitamins and their benefit towards anxiety and depression.

No I wasn't. Don't tell me what I was trying to communicate. I know my own authorial intent better than you do.

Also, the context can't invert the meaning of "whatever" unless irony is being used. Clearly, I'm not being ironic so the literal meaning is what is being appealed to.

Sorry, but your claim that I am agreeing with Mark Fulton that vitamins and minerals can help the symptoms of anxiety and depression, given what I have been arguing in that thread is the very opposite, is implausible and untenable.

You are talking shit as usual. Fuck off.
20-02-2014, 06:49 AM
This is my post in its entirety:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Pseudoscience.

Yes, depression and anxiety are indeed biochemical but there is no evidence in the form of double-blind placebo controlled clinical trials that taking doses of vitamins and minerals that are orders of magnitude above the RDA will improve anxiety and depression. Whatever benefit--if any at all--can be realised by just taking them at the RDA.

There is also no evidence that "nutritional deficiencies [are] a significant factor in nearly all cases of depression and anxiety".

There is one Cochrane systematic review of nutritional supplementation in relation to postnatal depression and it finds no evidence for the efficiacy of nutritional supplementation in preventing or treating postnatal depression. See here.

Hasn't EBM reached Queensland yet?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
source

I explicitly wrote that:

There is also no evidence that "nutritional deficiencies [are] a significant factor in nearly all cases of depression and anxiety".

and I cited a Cochrane systematic review that there is no connection between nutritional supplementation and postnatal depression.

My position is abundantly clear when the entire post is read. Trying to read the post as saying the opposite of what it actually states is just desperation on your part.

Fuck off.
20-02-2014, 06:51 AM

Yes! I was watching a film about the Holy Grail, its origin and what it is supposed to represent and I am left pondering the following.

Is there really no way for a swallow to carry two coconut husks whilst migrating to England?
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
20-02-2014, 06:54 AM
In another post in the same thread I state:

There is not one double-blind placebo-controlled study that demonstrates a significant effect size for vitamins and minerals in the treatment of depression. Not one.

Given the above, it is implausible to claim that I am stating the opposite in another post in the same thread. You are talking shit. Fuck off.