Alla

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-02-2014, 11:59 PM
RE: Alla
Here is where we could be having this debate. And leave this thread for the Mormon-abuse.
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid495134

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-02-2014, 12:01 AM
(14-02-2014 11:53 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(14-02-2014 11:43 PM)DLJ Wrote:  More bullshit!

Pointing out a latent hypocrisy is one thing and the benefit of someone highlighting that we are living in a bubble or are a product of our environment is something for which we should be grateful but that should not and does not negate our right to speak or express an opinion on other topics.

"Rights" language is inapplicable here, there is no "right" to defend or abrogate. It is entirely a matter of rational warrant, consistency and good faith.

Quote:Meanwhile, I want to say thanks Thumbsup to whichever mod reinstated Chippy's censored post. Sanity has prevailed.

I reinstated it after the thread was unlocked. I used sporehux's reply to recreate it.
So no credit goes to the mods.

Noted.

Thanks.

(and unthanks to the mod)

Yes

15-02-2014, 12:30 AM
(14-02-2014 11:59 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Here is where we could be having this debate. And leave this thread for the Mormon-abuse.

There is no debate to be had. This is just another thread where I am in effect teaching and some members are just too stupid to realize that is what is happening. Some are just slow and they send me apologetic PMs after they see the bigger picture. Regardless, there is no debate to be had. My position depends entirely on factual evidence which is corroborated by multiple sources. No one has disputed the facts I have presented.

Tourette's Chimp posting pictures and Dom whining doesn't constitute any sort of rebuttal. If that to you describes a debate then you are welcome to it wherever you like but I'm not going to dignify emoting by characterizing it as the negative side of a debate. You can go ahead and "debate" in the other thread, it's all yours.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-02-2014, 01:21 AM
(15-02-2014 12:30 AM)Chippy Wrote:  
(14-02-2014 11:59 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Here is where we could be having this debate. And leave this thread for the Mormon-abuse.

There is no debate to be had. This is just another thread where I am in effect teaching and some members are just too stupid to realize that is what is happening. Some are just slow and they send me apologetic PMs after they see the bigger picture. Regardless, there is no debate to be had. My position depends entirely on factual evidence which is corroborated by multiple sources. No one has disputed the facts I have presented.

Tourette's Chimp posting pictures and Dom whining doesn't constitute any sort of rebuttal. If that to you describes a debate then you are welcome to it wherever you like but I'm not going to dignify emoting by characterizing it as the negative side of a debate. You can go ahead and "debate" in the other thread, it's all yours.

Again, I stand corrected. That was laziness. I should not have said 'debate', I should have said 'discussion'.

I am slightly disappointed that you are getting only private apologies. Ah, well, human nature, I guess.

We obviously have a different stupidity-tolerance threshold. Your "field-tested" approach is not for everyone but it does seem to get results. I'm happy with my approach.

I just hope that your approach does not deter people who are here for purposes of community and discussion rather than debate... but I've said that to you before... I suppose, I'll just have to keep repeating it for the benefit of newcomers.

In a perverse, masochistic way, I'm looking forward to a moment when something I write forms the subject of your laser-like attention.

Tongue

15-02-2014, 01:57 AM
(15-02-2014 01:21 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I just hope that your approach does not deter people who are here for purposes of community and discussion rather than debate... but I've said that to you before... I suppose, I'll just have to keep repeating it for the benefit of newcomers.

Again, there was no "debate" in this thread so all the people that read and "Liked" what I posted were getting something other than "debate" from my posts. I'm confident that many more people actually learnt something about Hinduism than those that "Liked" my posts but they just don't have the generosity to admit that.

Also, relentlessly badgering Alla and calling her a "racist" when you live in (and benefit from) an elitist, hierarchical, Feudalistic, chauvinistic, exploitative and misogynist culture and society is not conducive to "community and discussion". There is no widespread sympathy for the dalit--like there was for Africans under apartheid--because it is Indian-on-Indian subjugation and exploitation. If the oppressors of the dalit were Europeans there would be no end to the recriminations from all pious poseurs. But the caste system in India is no less foul than apartheid was.
[+] 1 user Likes Chippy's post
15-02-2014, 06:26 AM
(14-02-2014 10:05 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(14-02-2014 09:55 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You really got a hair up your ass for the Hnidus don't you Chippy.

How so?
Looks to me like he sees bullshit in the world and is pointing it out.
I don't see how that means he has it in for Hinduism...

It's not Chippy's fault that Hinduism is a crock of shit.

It's not Indianatheists fault either.

Just saying, the info is on target, the blaming is irrational.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 5 users Like Dom's post
15-02-2014, 06:29 AM
(14-02-2014 10:23 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Other major religions, ie: Catholism, don't create and enhance the idea of a sub-par human class that you only need to hear their label to understand how they're viewed/treated. "untouchables".

Obviously you haven't heard any nuns educating children about heathens....

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
15-02-2014, 07:12 AM
(15-02-2014 06:26 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(14-02-2014 10:05 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  How so?
Looks to me like he sees bullshit in the world and is pointing it out.
I don't see how that means he has it in for Hinduism...

It's not Chippy's fault that Hinduism is a crock of shit.

It's not Indianatheists fault either.

Just saying, the info is on target, the blaming is irrational.

^That.

Because unless I missed something, I don't remember IA saying 'this Mormon shit is crazy, and not at all cool like the caste system of my country!' before Chippy pounced. This just reeks of Chippy's earlier lashing out at Sabrina because she used to be a Wiccan... Dodgy

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
15-02-2014, 07:40 AM (This post was last modified: 15-02-2014 07:50 AM by IndianAtheist.)
(14-02-2014 05:40 PM)Chippy Wrote:  Yes so why aren't you concerned with the comparative absence of atheism in India?
How the hell do you know i'm not? in fact i'm well aware of the fact that in my country being liberal and open minded is the frowned upon.
Quote:Yes I am because Hinduism contributes to the Third World status of India.
Still you're comparing apples to oranges compare India with other 3rd world countries which is more progressive then i could understand the comparison.
Quote:I do expect you to critique Hinduism because the shit-hole that you live in--i.e. India-- owes much of its character to Hinduism. And that is a reasonable expectation.
Well i was planning on making threads on it but thanks to you it seems like i don't even need to.Thumbsup
Quote:It is hypocritical of you to cut-and-paste generic criticisms of the Church of the LDS and its historical racism when Hinduism is itself a racist and elitist religion currently.
Now that WOULD be hypocritical if i was a misogynistic,conservative,elitist Hindu fucktard drinking cow piss and calling Mormons racists&idiots but guess what ?? I'm REALLY NOT! i'm a fucking atheist.

Dreams/Hallucinations/delusions are not evidence
Wishful thinking is not evidence
Disproved statements&Illogical conclusions are not evidence
Logical fallacies&Unsubstantiated claims are not evidence
Vague prophecies is not evidence
Data that requires a certain belief is not evidence
[+] 1 user Likes IndianAtheist's post
15-02-2014, 08:08 AM
(15-02-2014 07:40 AM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  How the hell do you know i'm not? in fact i'm well aware of the fact that in my country being liberal and open minded is the frowned upon.

Because you've yet to make any critical posts of Hinduism or Indian society. You live in--and benefit from--a society which is no better than apartheid South Africa and you are busy cutting-and-pasting bullshit about the LDS being racist.

Quote:Still you're comparing apples to oranges compare India with other 3rd world countries which is more progressive then i could understand the comparison.

No I'm not "comparing apples to oranges". I'm criticizing Indian culture and society using the same standard that you are illegitimately using to call Alla a racist.

Quote:Well i was planning on making threads on it but thanks to you it seems like i don't even need to.Thumbsup

Bullshit. In an earlier post you said that you wouldn't be making any such posts and that I should make them if I was concerned about the caste system.

Quote:Now that WOULD be hypocritical if i was a misogynistic,conservative,elitist Hindu fucktard drinking cow piss.. but guess what ?? I'm REALLY NOT! i'm a fucking atheist.

Your atheism is irrelevant, you are a hypocrite. You are from a privileged caste else you would not be able to read and write English and there is a good chance that your father works for the government and that you live in the suburbs. You are the beneficiary of an exploitative and uncivilized social system which you have not criticized. You are in no position to be accusing Alla or anyone else of being "racist"--you have no moral authority to be accusing anyone of prejudice or discrimination given that you benefit from it.

So long as you continue being a hypocritical little cunt I will continue knocking the stuffing out of you. It's your choice. If you are genuinely offended by the caste system then start posting about it. I think that you are actually not opposed to the Hindu caste system because you benefit from it--you are a from one of the privileged castes and you and your parents are happy with things as they are. I won't let you hypocrisy pass without comment. You can be assured of that little Dinesh.