Alla, please answer the question!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-01-2014, 12:58 AM
RE: Alla, please answer the question!
When she's done with that, here's a few more things for her to explain.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
15-01-2014, 01:10 AM
(15-01-2014 12:19 AM)Chippy Wrote:  
(15-01-2014 12:15 AM)Dark Phoenix Wrote:  I would recommend waiting a little while. It may take Alla some time to write a detailed response, and we have no idea what time zone he lives in.

He may be sleeping, working, or dealing with other business. Wait a day or two, then accuse him of avoiding the question.

She I believe.

There are no women on the Internet!

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 5 users Like Losty's post
15-01-2014, 02:27 AM
(15-01-2014 12:43 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  No blacks allowed is just the tip of it. I want to hear her specific explanation for the specific question I asked. ...we'll just have to wait to hear what she says...

Far be it from strange that there be a fool among us. Where are you, Alla. Come out and play!!

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
15-01-2014, 03:13 AM
Far from being a curse, highly melanised skin is a blessing if you are going to live in sub-Saharan Africa. Although it isn't completely clear what was being selected to produce highly melanised skin--it is not protection from UV-induced skin cancer--it appears to be protection from nutrient photolysis (especiallly photolysis of folate), i.e. UV-induced destruction of essential nutrients.[1]

AFAIK Smith didn't have anything to say about the appearance of East Asians because he hadn't seen any and they aren't mentioned in the OT or NT. He probably would have said that they were "cursed" with slanty eyes.

I think the fact that the BoM reflects the prejudices of the time that it was written counts as good evidence that it originated from Smith's imagination and not from a god. What would have been remarkable is if--contrary to the prejudices of the time and before the publication of Darwin's On the Origin of Species--Smith described all the people of the Earth and explained their features in terms of intelligent design, in terms of a benevolent and intelligent deity blessing the various people of the Earth with features that made them suited to the climates they would experience. That would have been extraordinary. That radical conceptual innovation would have shown that it isn't just a product of Smith's imagination--which was evidently held captive by his ignorance and prejudices.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 7 users Like Chippy's post
15-01-2014, 06:55 AM
(15-01-2014 03:13 AM)Chippy Wrote:  Far from being a curse, highly melanised skin is a blessing if you are going to live in sub-Saharan Africa. Although it isn't completely clear what was being selected to produce highly melanised skin--it is not protection from UV-induced skin cancer--it appears to be protection from nutrient photolysis (especiallly photolysis of folate), i.e. UV-induced destruction of essential nutrients.[1]

AFAIK Smith didn't have anything to say about the appearance of East Asians because he hadn't seen any and they aren't mentioned in the OT or NT. He probably would have said that they were "cursed" with slanty eyes.

I think the fact that the BoM reflects the prejudices of the time that it was written counts as good evidence that it originated from Smith's imagination and not from a god. What would have been remarkable is if--contrary to the prejudices of the time and before the publication of Darwin's On the Origin of Species--Smith described all the people of the Earth and explained their features in terms of intelligent design, in terms of a benevolent and intelligent deity blessing the various people of the Earth with features that made them suited to the climates they would experience. That would have been extraordinary. That radical conceptual innovation would have shown that it isn't just a product of Smith's imagination--which was evidently held captive by his ignorance and prejudices.

What benefit of almond shaped eyes would provide for those of the region, I wonder?

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
15-01-2014, 07:01 AM
Now, I have enjoyed my conversations with Alla, I enjoy her stories. So don't you bad boys be chasing her off....

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
15-01-2014, 07:14 AM
(15-01-2014 06:55 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  What benefit of almond shaped eyes would provide for those of the region, I wonder?

Not every feature can be linked to some benefit. There are such things as spandrels that are secondary to some other feature (or features) that are adaptational.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-01-2014, 07:20 AM
As long as a genetic trait doesn't impede reproduction and survival, it gets passed along. It doesn't have to be a benefit.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
15-01-2014, 08:07 AM
(15-01-2014 12:43 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  No blacks allowed is just the tip of it. I want to hear her specific explanation for the specific question I asked. ...we'll just have to wait to hear what she says...

Actually, the Mormon church officially redacted this literally a month-and-a-half ago. Now, I'm not sure if they feel it was a curse, or if they were mistaken, or what.

That being said, I'm not sure if Alla's opinion on the matter changed after December 6 or not. I asked her once about it a month ago, but I don't remember getting an answer.

Perhaps she can elaborate as to why this was changed. I'm assuming it has something to do with Holy Ghost, but I'm curious if the official stance is that dark skin was a curse or if that was incorrect and has now been corrected.
15-01-2014, 09:29 AM (This post was last modified: 15-01-2014 09:35 AM by Raptor Jesus.)
(15-01-2014 07:01 AM)Dom Wrote:  Now, I have enjoyed my conversations with Alla, I enjoy her stories. So don't you bad boys be chasing her off....

To each their own...

I've seen her do nothing but dodge, evade, and misdirect any challenging questions posed to her. Her standard tactic seems to be answering without actually answering, often by answering only the part of the question that she feels comfortable with while missing the entire point of the question, or answering a completely different question that was never asked, as though its relavent.

I believe the very first reply I ever made that followed one of hers was, "Who is this, 'Alla', person who answers questions without answering them?"

To be fair, she seems like she is actually a really nice person. I've not actually seen her be a dick. I would like to separate that from this, because there are FAR worse people here than her, and I’m not judging her as a person. I just want her to answer the damned questions that are asked of her, in the manner that are asked.

[+] 1 user Likes Raptor Jesus's post