Alla, please answer the question!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-01-2014, 09:47 AM
RE: Alla, please answer the question!
(15-01-2014 08:07 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  That being said, I'm not sure if Alla's opinion on the matter changed after December 6 or not.

The Church's recent statement is actually catching up with what a lot of the membership has been arguing for some time. The members who have to change their thinking based on the statement are in the minority and are primarily concentrated in the older generations.

My Blog
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-01-2014, 09:52 AM
(15-01-2014 09:47 AM)maklelan Wrote:  
(15-01-2014 08:07 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  That being said, I'm not sure if Alla's opinion on the matter changed after December 6 or not.

The Church's recent statement is actually catching up with what a lot of the membership has been arguing for some time. The members who have to change their thinking based on the statement are in the minority and are primarily concentrated in the older generations.

I didn't think church members were allowed to challange the word of god? I thought there were like specific people who could recieved messages from god and then change the rules or whatever. The Mormon church is not a democracy and god is not a president he is a king. So changing his word and law because of church politics seems pretty sinful to me.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
15-01-2014, 09:55 AM
I've never been Mormon so I really cannot say for certain but from everything I've read it appears that in order to BE Mormon you cannot have questions about the faith. You must accept -period. Although I see that that is fact in Many religions - but it seems in Mormonism even moreso.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
15-01-2014, 09:55 AM
(15-01-2014 09:52 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I didn't think church members were allowed to challange the word of god?

To what "word of god" do you specifically refer?

(15-01-2014 09:52 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I thought there were like specific people who could recieved messages from god and then change the rules or whatever. The Mormon church is not a democracy and god is not a president he is a king. So changing his word and law because of church politics seems pretty sinful to me.

And this mischaracterization of my faith community seems pretty uninformed to me.

My Blog
15-01-2014, 09:56 AM
(15-01-2014 09:55 AM)maklelan Wrote:  
(15-01-2014 09:52 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I didn't think church members were allowed to challange the word of god?

(15-01-2014 09:52 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I thought there were like specific people who could recieved messages from god and then change the rules or whatever. The Mormon church is not a democracy and god is not a president he is a king. So changing his word and law because of church politics seems pretty sinful to me.

And this mischaracterization of my faith community seems pretty uninformed to me.

Not helpful unless you provide explanation for you statement.

[+] 2 users Like WitchSabrina's post
15-01-2014, 10:14 AM
(15-01-2014 09:55 AM)maklelan Wrote:  

I am pretty uninformed. It's been a while since I read up on Mormon practices. I don't remember a lot, but how can you blame me? When you guys have so many secrets that you don't want outsiders to know?

I am particularly confused by the two young men who came to my house and said they were from the church of The Latter Day Saints, but claimed they were not Mormon. They then told me all about Joseph Smith. Why would they not be Mormons?

Well, anyways, in real life I would never judge you. I actually have a few friends who are Mormon and they're great people. However, you are here and you are an insufferable know-it-all, so I will tell you how I really feel. Mormonism in my opinion is only second to Scientology on the scale of laughable religions that you'd have to be a fool to believe.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 3 users Like Losty's post
15-01-2014, 10:22 AM
(15-01-2014 10:14 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(15-01-2014 09:55 AM)maklelan Wrote:  To what "word of god" do you specifically refer?

I am pretty uninformed. It's been a while since I read up on Mormon practices. I don't remember a lot, but how can you blame me? When you guys have so many secrets that you don't want outsiders to know?

I am particularly confused by the two young men who came to my house and said they were from the church of The Latter Day Saints, but claimed they were not Mormon. They then told me all about Joseph Smith. Why would they not be Mormons?

Well, anyways, in real life I would never judge you. I actually have a few friends who are Mormon and they're great people. However, you are here and you are an insufferable know-it-all, so I will tell you how I really feel. Mormonism in my opinion is only second to Scientology on the scale of laughable religions that you'd have to be a fool to believe.

[Image: blindReligion_zps22a0c7bf.jpg]

[+] 3 users Like WitchSabrina's post
15-01-2014, 10:25 AM
(15-01-2014 09:55 AM)maklelan Wrote:  ...

Your faith community is pretty uninformed.

[+] 2 users Like Raptor Jesus's post
15-01-2014, 10:33 AM
(15-01-2014 10:14 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I am pretty uninformed. It's been a while since I read up on Mormon practices.

And what did you read?

(15-01-2014 10:14 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I don't remember a lot, but how can you blame me?

Because you're making pretty firm declarations of fact. When you do that, you open up your claims to criticism. Isn't that what atheists continuously assert about the beliefs of theists?

(15-01-2014 10:14 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  When you guys have so many secrets that you don't want outsiders to know?

Secrets? Like what?

(15-01-2014 10:14 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I am particularly confused by the two young men who came to my house and said they were from the church of The Latter Day Saints, but claimed they were not Mormon. They then told me all about Joseph Smith. Why would they not be Mormons?

First, it's the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Second, many Latter-day Saints don't like to be called Mormons. They prefer "Latter-day Saint." They were not claiming that they were not from the Mormon Church, they just preferred to be called Latter-day Saints.

(15-01-2014 10:14 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Well, anyways, in real life I would never judge you.

I appreciate that.

(15-01-2014 10:14 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I actually have a few friends who are Mormon and they're great people. However, you are here and you are an insufferable know-it-all, so I will tell you how I really feel.

Fair enough.

(15-01-2014 10:14 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Mormonism in my opinion is only second to Scientology on the scale of laughable religions that you'd have to be a fool to believe.

I happen to think that all religions are equally laughable from a strictly empirical point of view. I don't find talking donkeys any less ridiculous than magic rocks giving people texts.

My Blog
15-01-2014, 10:34 AM
maklelan where have you added anything here other than insults to our members?

[+] 2 users Like WitchSabrina's post