Alla, please answer the question!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-01-2014, 10:36 AM
RE: Alla, please answer the question!
(15-01-2014 10:25 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  Your faith community is pretty uninformed.

I can't disagree, but out of curiosity, in what way are they uninformed?

My Blog
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-01-2014, 10:49 AM
Mak, what are you doing? Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-01-2014, 10:52 AM
Maklelan, as a practicing Mormon, you are more than free to answer the original question as well! Please do, I'd like to hear what you have to say.

15-01-2014, 11:01 AM
(15-01-2014 10:36 AM)maklelan Wrote:  
(15-01-2014 10:25 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  Your faith community is pretty uninformed.

I can't disagree, but out of curiosity, in what way are they uninformed?

First and foremost - how to recognize false teachings and utter BS. Anyone will (by default) come across uninformed if they choose mythical information over realty based information.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
[+] 1 user Likes Timber1025's post
15-01-2014, 11:02 AM
(15-01-2014 10:33 AM)maklelan Wrote:  I happen to think that all religions are equally laughable from a strictly empirical point of view. I don't find talking donkeys any less ridiculous than magic rocks giving people texts.
Hmm..Consider

Nah Mormonism is stupider.

Dreams/Hallucinations/delusions are not evidence
Wishful thinking is not evidence
Disproved statements&Illogical conclusions are not evidence
Logical fallacies&Unsubstantiated claims are not evidence
Vague prophecies is not evidence
Data that requires a certain belief is not evidence
[+] 1 user Likes IndianAtheist's post
15-01-2014, 11:05 AM
I'm ex Mormon. I believe the irrefutable word of God that people are referring to are official statements made by the prophet who holds the 'authority of christ on earth'. What he says is meant to be taken as direct authority from heaven. On this I am 100% certain.

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
[+] 2 users Like Monster_Riffs's post
15-01-2014, 11:10 AM (This post was last modified: 15-01-2014 11:13 AM by IndianAtheist.)
(15-01-2014 12:43 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  No blacks allowed is just the tip of it. I want to hear her specific explanation for the specific question I asked. ...we'll just have to wait to hear what she says...
I bet she's just embarrassed to admit that she believes that dark skinned people are "cursed" people of the lamanite middle eastern tribe Wink the pseudo intellectual @maklelan won't admit this either.. but the matter of the fact is that their religion is racist and unscientific garbage which needs to mocked for what it is.

Dreams/Hallucinations/delusions are not evidence
Wishful thinking is not evidence
Disproved statements&Illogical conclusions are not evidence
Logical fallacies&Unsubstantiated claims are not evidence
Vague prophecies is not evidence
Data that requires a certain belief is not evidence
[+] 1 user Likes IndianAtheist's post
15-01-2014, 11:28 AM
(15-01-2014 11:01 AM)Timber1025 Wrote:  First and foremost - how to recognize false teachings and utter BS.

So it's a question of worldview, really. They are theists and thus are wrong and uninformed, because any idiot can tell that supernatural claims are false and utter BS.

(15-01-2014 11:01 AM)Timber1025 Wrote:  Anyone will (by default) come across uninformed if they choose mythical information over realty based information.

So they're really just uninformed, in your opinion, because they accept the existence of the supernatural. It doesn't have anything to do with any actual cognitive or educational deficiencies, it's just their choice of worldview.

My Blog
15-01-2014, 11:34 AM
(15-01-2014 11:05 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  I'm ex Mormon. I believe the irrefutable word of God that people are referring to are official statements made by the prophet who holds the 'authority of christ on earth'. What he says is meant to be taken as direct authority from heaven. On this I am 100% certain.

And that's a not-uncommon position for particularly fundamentalistic and unthinking Latter-day Saints to take. Those Latter-day Saints are largely in the minority, at least in the United States. It's not the position the leadership takes, but it certainly helps out anti-Mormon rhetoric, though, which is why critics of the Church will almost without exception adopt their particularly worldview and assert, as they themselves do, it is the only sanctioned and appropriate one. It's a brittle and dogmatic sectarianism, though, and produces more anger and hatred than happiness and understanding.

My Blog
[+] 1 user Likes maklelan's post
15-01-2014, 11:37 AM
(15-01-2014 11:10 AM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  
(15-01-2014 12:43 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  No blacks allowed is just the tip of it. I want to hear her specific explanation for the specific question I asked. ...we'll just have to wait to hear what she says...
I bet she's just embarrassed to admit that she believes that dark skinned people are "cursed" people of the lamanite middle eastern tribe Wink the pseudo intellectual @maklelan won't admit this either.. but the matter of the fact is that their religion is racist and unscientific garbage which needs to mocked for what it is.

And that if you are born with dark skin, when you become Mormon, it gradually gets lighter. The better of a Mormon you become, the lighter (whiter) your skin gets.

It's really a wonderful way, even from at a distance, of being able to determine right on the spot without knowing anything else about a person, whether they are a good Godly person, or an evil sinner, simply by the darkness or lightness of their skin.

[+] 2 users Like Raptor Jesus's post