Alla, please answer the question!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-01-2014, 02:09 PM
RE: Alla, please answer the question!
(15-01-2014 02:06 PM)maklelan Wrote:  
(15-01-2014 12:55 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Ok. I call bullshit on that one. you know thousands and thousands of people? exaggerate much?

No, I'm not exaggerating. Since joining the Church I've been a member of about 30 different LDS congregations around the world (the US, Canada, England, Uruguay, and Brazil) that average about 75-100 members each. As the financial secretary of my mission in Uruguay, I got to know 300+ missionaries from the US and South America very well, in addition to the 9 different congregations I belonged to, over the course of those two years. I also now work on a daily basis with LDS translators and their congregations spread across the world. Late last year I visited with two separate congregations in the South Pacific. Next month I'll be visiting four different congregations in Asia and meeting with translators, reviewers, and leadership. In April I'll be meeting with two more congregations in Europe. I also work in a 30-story office building full of nothing but Latter-day Saints.

How unfortunate that you have so much time on your hands now.
No

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like WitchSabrina's post
15-01-2014, 02:11 PM
(15-01-2014 01:29 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  If these are firm declarations of fact, what the heck is an opinion by your standards??

No, these are firm declarations of fact:

Quote:You will be openly encouraged . . .

Quote:You will never be "worthy" or "good enough" . . .

Quote:You will never have any privacy . . .

Quote:You will never think for yourself again.

Quote:You will surrender your right to be sexual being

Quote:You will be required to give . . .

Quote:You will become comfortable with the idea . . .

Quote:I do NOT exaggerate in any way when I say that . . .

Quote:They will attend this program . . .

Quote:They will not have a chance to choose . . .

Quote:you will be openly stonewalled and even punished severely

Quote:You will never be entirely free of the stigma . . .

Quote:You will be given standards of dress . . .

Quote:You will be taught . . .

Quote:You will be required to indoctrinate your children . . .

Quote:If you are a woman, you will be treated as unequal and less important than a man.

There are many more, but I think I've made my point. Do you disagree?

My Blog
15-01-2014, 02:43 PM
(14-01-2014 11:53 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  I asked you in a different thread:
(14-01-2014 10:34 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  Alla, why do you think black people have dark skin?

You answered:
(14-01-2014 10:45 PM)Alla Wrote:  I don't have my own opinion on this matter.

You continued to dodge the question, so now I'm asking again here. I understand that you are not allowed to have your "own opinion", but what is the answer? What is the opinion you are told to have?

If your religion is the truth, this question should not be a problem for you to answer, because it is simply the truth. Now please, stop dodging and answer the question.
According to the Scriptures dark skin is mark from God. But this mark was given only to those who broke covenant with God before Gospel had to be preached to the gentiles(all nations). Mark had only one purpose and about this purpose you can read in Alma 3.
All people with dark skin have dark skin because they inherit it from their ancestors.

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection
15-01-2014, 02:44 PM
(15-01-2014 02:11 PM)maklelan Wrote:  
(15-01-2014 01:29 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  If these are firm declarations of fact, what the heck is an opinion by your standards??

No, these are firm declarations of fact:

Quote:You will be openly encouraged . . .

Quote:You will never be "worthy" or "good enough" . . .

Quote:You will never have any privacy . . .

Quote:You will never think for yourself again.

Quote:You will surrender your right to be sexual being

Quote:You will be required to give . . .

Quote:You will become comfortable with the idea . . .

Quote:I do NOT exaggerate in any way when I say that . . .

Quote:They will attend this program . . .

Quote:They will not have a chance to choose . . .

Quote:you will be openly stonewalled and even punished severely

Quote:You will never be entirely free of the stigma . . .

Quote:You will be given standards of dress . . .

Quote:You will be taught . . .

Quote:You will be required to indoctrinate your children . . .

Quote:If you are a woman, you will be treated as unequal and less important than a man.

There are many more, but I think I've made my point. Do you disagree?

LostandInsecure Wrote:
I don't remember a lot, but how can you blame me?

Maklelen Wrote:
Because you're making pretty firm declarations of fact. When you do that, you open up your claims to criticism. Isn't that what atheists continuously assert about the beliefs of theists?

I did not make any of the declarations you accuse me of. I assume you are confusing me with someone else...

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
15-01-2014, 02:45 PM
(15-01-2014 02:06 PM)maklelan Wrote:  I also work in a 30-story office building full of nothing but Latter-day Saints.

I have a whole new image of hell.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 7 users Like Chas's post
15-01-2014, 02:49 PM
TO MAKLELAN
Hi, I am Alla and I am LDS. I am convert(thanks to God). He found me. I was lost sheep of Israel but He sent His fishermen(as Prophets of old said He would) and they brought me Good News. But before missionaries were sent to me He gave me a revelation and atheist(it was me) became a believer in one moment.
I was born in Ukraine. I was raised an atheist.
I am so proud that it is in Ukraine we have first stake of Zion in East Europe and first Temple of God. It is a miracle. People of Ukraine are embracing Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ.

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection
15-01-2014, 02:49 PM
(15-01-2014 02:44 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I did not make any of the declarations you accuse me of. I assume you are confusing me with someone else...
Yeah, it was Dark Phoenix who said these things.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
15-01-2014, 02:52 PM
(15-01-2014 02:43 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(14-01-2014 11:53 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  I asked you in a different thread:

You answered:

You continued to dodge the question, so now I'm asking again here. I understand that you are not allowed to have your "own opinion", but what is the answer? What is the opinion you are told to have?

If your religion is the truth, this question should not be a problem for you to answer, because it is simply the truth. Now please, stop dodging and answer the question.
According to the Scriptures dark skin is mark from God. But this mark was given only to those who broke covenant with God before Gospel had to be preached to the gentiles(all nations). Mark had only one purpose and about this purpose you can read in Alma 3.
All people with dark skin have dark skin because they inherit it from their ancestors.

Okay, I moved this from the other post, so feel free to only answer it here.

Your church believes it is the mark from "God" that the bible says was placed on Cain when he was punished for murdering his brother, and subsequently banished and send "East of Eden". He skin was marked so that all would know what evil he had done.

Your Church believes his skin was "marked" dark brown so as a visible symbol and warning to others of the evil of this man, and that as the bible says, the "sins" of the father shall be passed down onto the son, so has his dark brown skin (mark) and his "sin" continued to be passed down through all the decedents of Cain, and those are the black people.

So in summary, you church believes all black people are the decedents of Cain, and bare the mark, and carry the "sin" of his evil, and that's why they have dark brown skin.

Added to that, as you wrote above, some others who were in defiance of "God" were given dark skin as well, such as the Native Americans and their decendents.

The darker ones skin, the worse their sin. The lighter their skin, the less terrible their sin. Black men and women are the worse because they have the darkest skin, medium brown is long as bad, and white is the best of all.

Also, if someone with dark skink becomes mormon, and becomes good and right with "God", their skin will lighten and become whiter in the process.

Whether you hold this to be your own opinion or not, do you agree that this is what your Church believes? If not, clarify, and be specific because I don't want to waste my time on reasking obvious questions I already asked.

[+] 1 user Likes Raptor Jesus's post
15-01-2014, 02:57 PM
Wow, the more I learn about this LDS racket the more degrees of bat-shit crazy is becomes!

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
[+] 2 users Like Timber1025's post
15-01-2014, 03:06 PM
(15-01-2014 02:44 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I did not make any of the declarations you accuse me of. I assume you are confusing me with someone else...

You're right, I was mixing up two different conversations in my head. I apologize.

My Blog
[+] 1 user Likes maklelan's post