Almost lost my angel

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-11-2017, 01:56 PM
RE: Almost lost my angel
Jeezus fucking Christ... It gets worse...

She was transfered to a psych facility that is fucking Catholic based. It was not advertised as such and I had been hopeful it would be good retreat from the chaos of life to help her recover. However, I talked with her by phone this morning and they are shoving religion down her throat. The place is a fortress with very little access to patients, Drs, etc. I am working with her regular therapist and her attorney to get her out ASAP. My anxiety levels are through the roof with worry about her mental state.

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-11-2017, 02:22 PM
Shit. I hope they can work fast to move her!
14-11-2017, 02:34 PM
(14-11-2017 01:56 PM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  Jeezus fucking Christ... It gets worse...

She was transfered to a psych facility that is fucking Catholic based. It was not advertised as such and I had been hopeful it would be good retreat from the chaos of life to help her recover. However, I talked with her by phone this morning and they are shoving religion down her throat. The place is a fortress with very little access to patients, Drs, etc. I am working with her regular therapist and her attorney to get her out ASAP. My anxiety levels are through the roof with worry about her mental state.

I'm sorry.

Just breathe, and try to stay calm. You can only control your reactions to the problem and do what's possible to get her out.

But you can't take it all on -- that will make you crazy.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
14-11-2017, 03:23 PM
I hope you can get her out of there and maybe to a different place fast.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
[+] 1 user Likes Leerob's post
14-11-2017, 07:09 PM
Agree with moms, get her out but keep calm. You need to be her rock right now.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
14-11-2017, 08:24 PM
(14-11-2017 07:09 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Agree with moms, get her out but keep calm. You need to be her rock right now.

I’m doing my best. And when I talk to her I stay as calm and positive as possible. But I’m really struggling to keep it together.

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
[+] 2 users Like TurkeyBurner's post
14-11-2017, 08:45 PM
(14-11-2017 08:24 PM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  
(14-11-2017 07:09 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Agree with moms, get her out but keep calm. You need to be her rock right now.

I’m doing my best. And when I talk to her I stay as calm and positive as possible. But I’m really struggling to keep it together.

*hugs* The positive thing is that she is in a safe environment even though it has a religious slant. Now just focus all your attention on helping get her moved to a new place and use the "religion is a trigger" to her current mental state as a way to do it.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
15-11-2017, 04:50 AM
Hang in there TB, get that shit sorted and get her moved out from that garbage hole. Can't believe they'd transfer her somewhere like that without letting you know.

The Helpful Atheist - An Information Blog
Last updated: 08/11/2017 - Want to contribute, drop me a PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-11-2017, 08:11 AM
(14-11-2017 08:24 PM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  

Hug

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
15-11-2017, 01:23 PM
I'm glad for both of you that she made it, TB. Here's to hoping she finds herself in a better place.

I've an ex- who was at times suicidal due to similar circumstances. She won through in the end, after tough circumstances. My best wishes for your angel that she too finds good days once more.