Almost lost my angel

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-11-2017, 03:49 PM
RE: Almost lost my angel
How are things TB? I hope you got to talk with her again? We’re here for ya!

Heart

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
15-11-2017, 07:06 PM
So sorry you're both going through this. Please take good care of yourself.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams

"You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." Robin Williams
[+] 1 user Likes outtathereligioncloset's post
27-11-2017, 10:02 AM
(15-11-2017 03:49 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  How are things TB? I hope you got to talk with her again? We’re here for ya!

Heart

Sorry for the delayed update. I ended up camping out at the front door of the facility and refused to leave until someone talked to me. We were able to get her out after the second day. We are still working with her doctors to straighten out her meds.

There is a consensus among her doctors that a new medication that was introduced about 2 weeks prior to her incident was a significant contributing factor. It apparently carries a risk of suicidal thoughts/impulses for patients, especially when first starting the medication.

For now, she is feeling pretty good emotionally. Physically, she has walking pneumonia and is suffering some side effects from the changes in medications. Regardless, she is getting better, even if her circumstances aren't really any better.

Thank you all for the support. Your willingness to listen and your comments of support helped me make it through this situation without losing my mind.

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
[+] 3 users Like TurkeyBurner's post
27-11-2017, 10:04 AM
(27-11-2017 10:02 AM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  
(15-11-2017 03:49 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  How are things TB? I hope you got to talk with her again? We’re here for ya!

Heart

Sorry for the delayed update. I ended up camping out at the front door of the facility and refused to leave until someone talked to me. We were able to get her out after the second day. We are still working with her doctors to straighten out her meds.

There is a consensus among her doctors that a new medication that was introduced about 2 weeks prior to her incident was a significant contributing factor. It apparently carries a risk of suicidal thoughts/impulses for patients, especially when first starting the medication.

For now, she is feeling pretty good emotionally. Physically, she has walking pneumonia and is suffering some side effects from the changes in medications. Regardless, she is getting better, even if her circumstances aren't really any better.

Thank you all for the support. Your willingness to listen and your comments of support helped me make it through this situation without losing my mind.

Hug
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
08-02-2018, 03:45 PM
Since so many of you have shown concern for our situation, I thought I'd give an update:

First and foremost, we are still here. We've had ups and downs over the last couple of months, but our story continues.
There is still no end in sight for the divorce case that has been going on now for almost two and a half years. We are in the worst shape ever financially and can only watch as the debt piles on relentlessly.
However, her photography business has finally began to gain traction and she is booked solid for the next three months. It isn't enough to completely reverse our debt situation, but it will slow it enough to make it tolerable. Interestingly, and quite by accident, she has found a niche in the LGBTQ+ and athiest/pagan communities that have been largely under-served in this area.
We had both already long lost most of our old "friends" due to our apostasy. However, largely as a result of this near-tragedy, a new support group of genuinely compassionate and accepting people has coalesced around us. This has definitely been one of the unexpected silver linings.
We are more optimistic than we have ever been since this adventure of ours began almost two years ago. I won't say we are hopeful. But we are determined to figure it out. And while we have both accepted that at this point justice is unlikely for her abuser, I must admit to occasional schadenfreude-fueled fantasies of karmic retribution. If only karma were real!

Anyway, that's all for now. Thanks for listening!

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
[+] 16 users Like TurkeyBurner's post
08-02-2018, 04:33 PM
At work.

Hug

Heart
[+] 2 users Like Peebothuhul's post
08-02-2018, 04:42 PM
(08-02-2018 03:45 PM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  Since so many of you have shown concern for our situation, I thought I'd give an update...

We are more optimistic than we have ever been since this adventure of ours began almost two years ago...

I'm so pleased to hear this mate. Thanks for the update, and let's hope this positive trend continues. My thoughts are with you both. Yes

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
08-02-2018, 05:25 PM
Yes, best wishes and thanks for checking back in!

[+] 2 users Like jerry mcmasters's post
08-02-2018, 06:00 PM
(08-02-2018 03:45 PM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  Since so many of you have shown concern for our situation, I thought I'd give an update:

First and foremost, we are still here. We've had ups and downs over the last couple of months, but our story continues.
There is still no end in sight for the divorce case that has been going on now for almost two and a half years. We are in the worst shape ever financially and can only watch as the debt piles on relentlessly.
However, her photography business has finally began to gain traction and she is booked solid for the next three months. It isn't enough to completely reverse our debt situation, but it will slow it enough to make it tolerable. Interestingly, and quite by accident, she has found a niche in the LGBTQ+ and athiest/pagan communities that have been largely under-served in this area.
We had both already long lost most of our old "friends" due to our apostasy. However, largely as a result of this near-tragedy, a new support group of genuinely compassionate and accepting people has coalesced around us. This has definitely been one of the unexpected silver linings.
We are more optimistic than we have ever been since this adventure of ours began almost two years ago. I won't say we are hopeful. But we are determined to figure it out. And while we have both accepted that at this point justice is unlikely for her abuser, I must admit to occasional schadenfreude-fueled fantasies of karmic retribution. If only karma were real!

Anyway, that's all for now. Thanks for listening!

I’m thrilled you’ve found some real life support. Just don’t forget about your online home here. Heart

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
08-02-2018, 06:20 PM
I am glad things are improving for you. Heart

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: beb1339cfc76b95693fe0fd59c12ec05.jpg]