Alpha Sigma Sigma(ASS) should be this frat's name

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-03-2015, 06:51 AM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2015 08:02 AM by Brian37.)
Alpha Sigma Sigma(ASS) should be this frat's name
Ok, no that is not the name of the frat, but should be the name of this frat. To the credit of the National Chapter, this OK college sect was bitch slapped.
If there is an Alpha Sigma Sigma frat, I was making a play on the word ASS, no reflection on anyone but these dickheads.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/video-purported...d=29490305

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2015, 07:44 AM
RE: Alpha Sigma Sigma(ASS) should be this frat's name
(09-03-2015 06:51 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Ok, no that is not the name of the frat, but should be the name of this frat. To the credit of the National Chapter, this OK college sect was bitch slapped.
If there is an Alpha Sigma Sigma frat, I was making a play on the word ASS, no reflection on anyone but these dickheads.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/video-purported...d=29490305

Broken link. Weeping

Link here.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
09-03-2015, 08:00 AM
DAMN IT

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
09-03-2015, 10:21 AM
I love the comments that blame Obama for it all.

Facepalm

I'm glad they were tossed off campus (the frat anyway), now they need to do the same with the membership who participated in that crap.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
09-03-2015, 10:26 AM
(09-03-2015 10:21 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I love the comments that blame Obama for it all.

Facepalm

I'm glad they were tossed off campus (the frat anyway), now they need to do the same with the membership who participated in that crap.

They have until midnight tonight to vacate the fraternity house.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
09-03-2015, 10:26 AM
the students were suspended, IMO should have been expelled. They dropped the hammer swiftly and were harsh in their words about how wrong it is (university and national frat).

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
09-03-2015, 10:32 AM
What the actual fuck? Some people are just assholes. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
09-03-2015, 03:45 PM
How come every time I hear news about Oklahoma it's something embarrassing?

At least it's OU, they suck anyway.

I'm torn as to if these guys should be expelled though. Should they have their entire future wrecked because they were stupid idiotic kids? There are non-discrimination laws, and codes of conduct for students, but should they really be expelled? Suspended, yes. Expelled I'm not as sure.
[+] 2 users Like natachan's post
10-03-2015, 07:44 AM
(09-03-2015 10:26 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  the students were suspended, IMO should have been expelled. They dropped the hammer swiftly and were harsh in their words about how wrong it is (university and national frat).

I completely disagree. The university should not have punished them at all. You have a right to be a bigot and say hateful things. That's what free speech is. The university president, a former governor and US Senator, made a comment about them "misusing" their free speech. That's total nonsense. You can't misuse free speech. The whole point is to protect unpopular and minority opinions. That just didn't apply to minority opinions you agree with. It equally applies to comments that turn your stomach. A so-called institute of higher learning that aspires to teach critical thinking should know better.

As for the national fraternity, they have every right to disassociate themselves from these idiots. But, that is laughable too. Did they just now figure out that they had no minority members? The mistake these guys made was publicizing something that had obviously been true for a very long time.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
10-03-2015, 08:01 AM
(09-03-2015 10:21 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I love the comments that blame Obama for it all.

Facepalm

Obama was the third man on the grassy knoll, he sank the Titanic and killed the dinosaurs.

[+] 2 users Like Brian37's post