Alpha whining about Judging people

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-12-2013, 12:04 PM
Alpha whining about Judging people
Quote:It’s a conundrum, ****. I believe as Christians do. In terms of labeling, I’m as much of a Christian as anyone at the church… but I don’t want that anymore. ****, you were the only person that I told about my beliefs regarding salvation, origins, and eschatology because I knew you wouldn't pass judgment. Not everyone is like you, though.
Kinda stood out, as you had just spent several paragraphs judging other Christians.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-12-2013, 12:11 PM
RE: A Crossroad: An email to a church member
(20-12-2013 12:04 PM)alpha male Wrote:  
Quote:It’s a conundrum, ****. I believe as Christians do. In terms of labeling, I’m as much of a Christian as anyone at the church… but I don’t want that anymore. ****, you were the only person that I told about my beliefs regarding salvation, origins, and eschatology because I knew you wouldn't pass judgment. Not everyone is like you, though.
Kinda stood out, as you had just spent several paragraphs judging other Christians.

Let's be specific - shall we? Most of us (including KC in my opinion) have been passing judgement on BEHAVIOR; behavior of people who happen to be Christians. Always bear in mind - Atheists don't hate Christians. They do, however, hate Stupid! (and lousy behavior) [1]. And in this case KingsChosen happens to dislike bad behavior of those who profess Christianity - as well he should.

If you dig on who's Christian and who's not - fine - but let's keep the weighing of values and behavior fair to what this thread is actually about --shall we? Trying to make KC (or any of us) sound hypocritical just doesn't jive.
Not in this thread.

[1] and don't even think about saying we shouldn't pass judgement on behavior because you do that plenty throughout.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 7 users Like WitchSabrina's post
20-12-2013, 12:20 PM
(20-12-2013 12:11 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Let's be specific - shall we?
I was specific. You're about to expand my specific point re: KC to other people. So, you should say, Let's be general, shall we?
Quote:Most of us (including KC in my opinion) have been passing judgement on BEHAVIOR; behavior of people who happen to be Christians.
I haven't read past the OP. You're reading yourself into my comment.
Quote:Always bear in mind - Atheists don't hate Christians. They do, however, hate Stupid! (and lousy behavior) [1]. And in this case KingsChosen happens to dislike bad behavior of those who profess Christianity - as well he should.
He implies that judgment is bad behavior.
Quote:If you dig on who's Christian and who's not - fine - but let's keep the weighing of values and behavior fair to what this thread is actually about --shall we? Trying to make KC (or any of us) sound hypocritical just doesn't jive.
Not in this thread.
Again, I haven't read the thread. The OP does make KC sound hypocritical though.
20-12-2013, 12:41 PM
/yawn@AM

Pointing out a behavior that is negative isn't judging. Choosing to not be around people because of a behavior that is negative isn't judging. Condemning a behavior that is negative isn't judging. Moreover, these behaviors are a generality of a group; not a person.

Judging is forming a negative opinion about someone based on a neutral opinion that they hold. Negative behavior reinforces negative responses. That's not judging.

Troll harder.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
23-12-2013, 08:46 AM
Quote:Pointing out a behavior that is negative isn't judging.
Pointing out a behavior and saying it's negative is indeed judging.
Quote:Choosing to not be around people because of a behavior that is negative isn't judging.
Yes, saying that a behavior is negative is judging.
Quote:Condemning a behavior that is negative isn't judging. Moreover, these behaviors are a generality of a group; not a person.

Judging is forming a negative opinion about someone based on a neutral opinion that they hold. Negative behavior reinforces negative responses. That's not judging.

Troll harder.
I would tell you to spin harder, but I don't think that's possible.

You act as if there's an objective list of positive, neutral, and negative behaviors, judgment is in the negative column, and you're merely pointing it out. That's not the case.
23-12-2013, 08:55 AM
(23-12-2013 08:46 AM)alpha male Wrote:  
Quote:Pointing out a behavior that is negative isn't judging.
Pointing out a behavior and saying it's negative is indeed judging.
Quote:Choosing to not be around people because of a behavior that is negative isn't judging.
Yes, saying that a behavior is negative is judging.
Quote:Condemning a behavior that is negative isn't judging. Moreover, these behaviors are a generality of a group; not a person.

Troll harder.
I would tell you to spin harder, but I don't think that's possible.

You act as if there's an objective list of positive, neutral, and negative behaviors, judgment is in the negative column, and you're merely pointing it out. That's not the case.

My comments were geared towards your pointing out that he was Christian judging other christians - which was not the case. Getting off on the tangent of what is or what is NOT judging behavior isn't the point. And it's NOT the point of this thread.
You don't get it. And that's ok. You're clearly not in the game here of what's happened to KC and you should just leave it at that. To be clear (so you're not confused) it might be great for KC if he could continue to discuss this issue with his friends here without You causing tangents and interruptions. You dig?
How about that???

[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
23-12-2013, 11:49 AM
(23-12-2013 08:55 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  My comments were geared towards your pointing out that he was Christian judging other christians - which was not the case.
Yes, it was the case. Why not admit it? Judging isn't wrong per se.
Quote:Getting off on the tangent of what is or what is NOT judging behavior isn't the point. And it's NOT the point of this thread.
Maybe it should be one of the points of the thread.
Quote:You don't get it. And that's ok. You're clearly not in the game here of what's happened to KC and you should just leave it at that.
You're right. I don't get how you can start off saying "I love [current church]. I love the people. I love the preaching. Everything about it is great," yet later say "I don’t want my children around that." It makes no sense.
Quote:To be clear (so you're not confused) it might be great for KC if he could continue to discuss this issue with his friends here without You causing tangents and interruptions. You dig?
How about that???
No, I don't dig. It's a public forum, and sometimes a person needs a kick in the butt more than a sympathetic ear. KC might know this verse:
Prov 27
6 Faithful are the wounds of a friend,
But the kisses of an enemy are deceitful.
23-12-2013, 12:20 PM
RE: Alpha whining about Judging people
(23-12-2013 11:49 AM)alpha male Wrote:  
(23-12-2013 08:55 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  My comments were geared towards your pointing out that he was Christian judging other christians - which was not the case.
Yes, it was the case. Why not admit it? Judging isn't wrong per se.
Quote:Getting off on the tangent of what is or what is NOT judging behavior isn't the point. And it's NOT the point of this thread.
Maybe it should be one of the points of the thread.
Quote:You don't get it. And that's ok. You're clearly not in the game here of what's happened to KC and you should just leave it at that.
You're right. I don't get how you can start off saying "I love [current church]. I love the people. I love the preaching. Everything about it is great," yet later say "I don’t want my children around that." It makes no sense.
Quote:To be clear (so you're not confused) it might be great for KC if he could continue to discuss this issue with his friends here without You causing tangents and interruptions. You dig?
How about that???
No, I don't dig. It's a public forum, and sometimes a person needs a kick in the butt more than a sympathetic ear. KC might know this verse:
Prov 27
6 Faithful are the wounds of a friend,
But the kisses of an enemy are deceitful.

Yeah............ that's right..... it's a public forum so For Sure Be Sure to barf all over this conversation. Sure.... you just bust right in where you clearly not wanted nor is your advice warranted Nor needed. You betcha!!! Cause there aren't enough threads for you to criticize and evangelize all of us in already!Thumbsup
You show us Just HOW important Your opinion is..............RIGHT HERE! Nope you are SOoo right... you barf Right here cause we are just Hanging on your every fucking word and pearls of wisdom. Can't get by in this little conversation WITHOUT YOU. Oh what Would we do without you??? How sad and misinformed and mistaken we would all be.
Thank YOUR God that YOU'RE here --- WOW!

[Image: efb2cf2c.jpg]

Please PLEASE Dooo Do go on!!! WE MUST have YOUR opinion on all of this.

...let's MUDDY every fucking bit of this with more god-goobily-goop & shit advice and critique....
Cause this is isn't difficult ENOUGH for KC

[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
23-12-2013, 12:23 PM
Alphabits is just being an asshole - he knows it, we know it, and the world continues to spin. Big Grin

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 4 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
23-12-2013, 12:30 PM
(20-12-2013 12:04 PM)alpha male Wrote:  Kinda stood out, as you had just spent several paragraphs judging other Christians.

Yes, because it's right here in The Atheist's Creed that "no one should ever pass judgement on anyone else", and if it ever happens anywhere on the planet, we here in this ATHEIST FORUM all want to fucking know about it. Rolleyes

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 3 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post