Alpha whining about Judging people

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-12-2013, 03:05 PM
RE: Alpha whining about Judging people
Whine whine moan moan why won't anyone listen to meeeeeeee Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-12-2013, 03:18 PM
(24-12-2013 12:23 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Actually, who cares? Might as well just leave you to it on the forum for a while and go on a fatalistic rape and fatal killing spree as it won't make any difference to any ultimate predestined, predetermined outcome.

And CANNIBALISM. Don't forget the cannibalism. Thumbsup

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
24-12-2013, 04:55 PM
(24-12-2013 09:27 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I'm assuming you understand that they're discussing forgiveness of individuals, right?

I mean really... I feel like I'm trying to explain this to a spoon.

Besides, forgiveness doesn't have anything to do with this situation AT ALL. Who said I didn't forgive Christians for acting the way they do? Of course I do. I'm simply choosing not to be a part of their negative actions because I'm not associating that with my being anymore.

This isn't a hard concept. You're spinning this and trying to make something out of it when there's nothing there.
I disagree. I think your position is indeed difficult to understand. Consider it from a different angle. Suppose I said that I have disgust, contempt, jadedness, and scorn for atheists because I see malice, greed, and hate-mongering in them. You know I would take a lot of crap for it. If I claimed that crap was undeserved because I only have a problem with the behavior, not the people, that defense would be rejected. If I claimed the crap was undeserved because I only felt that way about a group, but somehow not the individuals in that group, that would be rejected.

I also find it hard to accept that you've forgiven people for whom you have disgust, contempt, jadedness, and scorn.
24-12-2013, 05:00 PM
(24-12-2013 03:01 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Hell, even xtians consider other xtians to be morally bankrupt and hypocrites. Consider the evidence of your own accusations against KC.
I'm one Christian, and I think KC is a hypocrite, but I don't think he's morally bankrupt.
24-12-2013, 05:00 PM
(24-12-2013 03:18 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  And CANNIBALISM. Don't forget the cannibalism. Thumbsup

that's morally wrong Thumbsup

crossing boundaries, cultures and beliefs or Objective Law,

except one area in Africa still? I don't know...

but there is evidence that it exists.

Smile

[Image: ec25156e-63b1-4c54-98cc-e0325deeaf3b_zps3f7864d1.jpg]
Hands Of Dust
24-12-2013, 05:47 PM
(24-12-2013 04:55 PM)alpha male Wrote:  Suppose I said that I have disgust, contempt, jadedness, and scorn for atheists because I see malice, greed, and hate-mongering in them.

Gee, you really had to stretch to come up with THAT example, didn't you? You didn't hurt yourself, did you? Rolleyes

Quote:I also find it hard to accept that you've forgiven people for whom you have disgust, contempt, jadedness, and scorn.

And no one here really gives a flying fuck what YOU "find hard to accept".

But it IS great fun to point out your bald-faced pious hypocrisy.

(24-12-2013 05:00 PM)alpha male Wrote:  
(24-12-2013 03:01 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Hell, even xtians consider other xtians to be morally bankrupt and hypocrites. Consider the evidence of your own accusations against KC.
I'm one Christian, and I think KC is a hypocrite, but I don't think he's morally bankrupt.

You can quibble all you want, but you are STILL a hypocrite.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
24-12-2013, 05:50 PM
(24-12-2013 05:47 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Gee, you really had to stretch to come up with THAT example, didn't you? You didn't hurt yourself, did you? Rolleyes
I take it from the omission that you don't dispute that if I used KC's excuses they would be rejected.
Quote:But it IS great fun to point out your bald-faced pious hypocrisy.
So maybe you should actually point it out. Angel
24-12-2013, 06:11 PM
(24-12-2013 05:50 PM)alpha male Wrote:  
(24-12-2013 05:47 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Gee, you really had to stretch to come up with THAT example, didn't you? You didn't hurt yourself, did you? Rolleyes
I take it from the omission that you don't dispute that if I used KC's excuses they would be rejected.

[Image: straw+man.jpg]

No surprise that you wallow in self-delusion. I am 100% fine with KC's stance regarding the problems he cited with the church.

Quote:
Quote:But it IS great fun to point out your bald-faced pious hypocrisy.
So maybe you should actually point it out. Angel

Already done, little runtgurl. The fact that you steadfastly ignore it is merely more evidence of your own self-delusion.

24-12-2013, 06:22 PM
(24-12-2013 05:50 PM)alpha male Wrote:  ...

If I may...

That is not an equal and opposite position.

Atheism is not a religion so has no doctrine, attempts no moral authority, does not claim an objective morality etc.

In other words, there is no claim to be without malice, greed, and hate-mongering.

You are welcome to your disgust, contempt, jadedness, and scorn if / when you see it.

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
25-12-2013, 06:42 AM
(24-12-2013 06:11 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  No surprise that you wallow in self-delusion. I am 100% fine with KC's stance regarding the problems he cited with the church.
That's another dodge. The question is whether you would be 100% fine with Christians using such excuses to criticize atheists. You know you wouldn't be.