Alpha whining about Judging people

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-12-2013, 03:14 PM
RE: Alpha whining about Judging people
(23-12-2013 02:57 PM)alpha male Wrote:  I think it's self-evident that I need an extreme analogy to communicate the level of disgust, contempt, jadedness, and scorn I and my wife have for “Christians” indicates judgment. How is this even debatable? If you're not judging such people, what does that say about you?

This is in reference to a negative, malicious behavior that is habitually displayed in the church towards not only other members but also non-believers.

You really can't be this dense.

Quote:Because you're a Christian and Jesus said to. If you believe that instruction wasn't intended as generally applicable and doesn't apply to you, you can make that argument.

I think you misunderstood my point. Where is the "judgment" plank? What is there to remove?

Quote:You're not seeing clearly that you do some of the same things which you judge others for. If you realized that, you might be forgiving and compassionate toward them and better able to be with them.

No, you don't. If that negative behavior is a hindrance on your emotions, spirtuality, or faith, then you should publicly denounce the non-Christ-like behavior and not associate yourself with it. You're not getting this is completely different than "judging" a person.

You're basically vilifying taking a stand against types of non-Christian behavior and turning it around and calling it "judging". That's not "judging" as we are discussing in the context.

Quote:Sorry, but disgust, contempt, jadedness, and scorn I and my wife have for “Christians" speaks for itself.

Yep. You are that dense.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-12-2013, 03:17 PM
(23-12-2013 02:51 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Alphamutt doesn't want you to do that because in the process YOU point out what a follower HE IS. So.........he's going to employ that Lovely Christian behavior or picking you to death and split hairs and waste your time or make you feel badly CAUSE he's about control and church and god's will and stuff up that alley.

Yes, he's showing himself to be a perfect example of the very sort of xtian that KC has stated he is disgusted with.

Quote:ODD how you'd get better support from atheists and non-believers - eh KC?

Ain't THAT the truth.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
23-12-2013, 03:24 PM
(23-12-2013 03:02 PM)alpha male Wrote:  
(23-12-2013 02:51 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  ODD how you'd get better support from atheists and non-believers - eh KC?
I have to agree with you on this. If I were getting better support from atheists than from Christians on a particular subject, I'd reevaluate my position.

derp ¿Not a good Christian because I get along with atheists, right? derp

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
23-12-2013, 03:27 PM
(23-12-2013 02:41 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(23-12-2013 01:38 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Yeah, it is.

You're making a judgement (assessment).

But not passing a judgement (sentencing / condemning).

Or we could just keep the thread going for a few more pages before deciding that some clarity regarding definitions might be a good idea.

See? This is why Santa is not coming to this house tonight.

Or it might be cause it's christmas eve's eve............
yanno...........just sayin

buwwaaahaaaaa

(or I'm correct in my own time zone - should clarify derrr lol)

I wondered who might be anal enough to pick up on that one at the time that I wrote it.

No

I'll bet there were a few who noticed but have been here long enough to realise that it would just result in a follow-up message accusing them of being anal.

Big Grin Tongue

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
23-12-2013, 03:27 PM
(23-12-2013 03:02 PM)alpha male Wrote:  If I were getting better support from atheists than from Christians on a particular subject, I'd reevaluate my position.

[Image: moron-4-dumbest.gif]

23-12-2013, 03:31 PM
(23-12-2013 03:03 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(23-12-2013 02:51 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  You ARE reevaluating your behavior KC - that's how this all got started.

Alphamutt doesn't want you to do that because in the process YOU point out what a follower HE IS. So.........he's going to employ that Lovely Christian behavior or picking you to death and split hairs and waste your time or make you feel badly CAUSE he's about control and church and god's will and stuff up that alley.
YOU are looking at things rationally - and managing to keep your foundation of belief. Every question you raise shows AlphaSmug a mirror of the Rational thinking he does NOT employ.

Let's fact it - Alphagrunt IS all about christian - ie - NOT using critical thinking or rational skills.... the ""Herd"" mentality that's practically text book example.

Personally, I think you applying critical thinking and working to make better, more sound, clearer choices for yourself is absolutely Epic. And I do not mean that as in you're headed to be a non-believer. No. I don't think that and I don't see that happening.
Your belief is your OWN. No one owns that but you and NO ONE should make you feel bad about it......... especially ANOTHER Christian.

crissakes.
doesn't that just take the cake?
ministry at work...............go team.
(sarcasm)

ODD how you'd get better support from atheists and non-believers - eh KC?

Smile

You said what I was thinking.

And yes, it is odd... but it's becoming quite normal.

Then stop your typical Proddie church shopping and judging each church you visit as unworthy of you. Then finally come down on your preferred side of the Christian-Atheist fence you are straddling. People who straddle fences like that only end up getting philosophically castrated.
23-12-2013, 03:35 PM
(23-12-2013 03:14 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(23-12-2013 02:57 PM)alpha male Wrote:  I think it's self-evident that I need an extreme analogy to communicate the level of disgust, contempt, jadedness, and scorn I and my wife have for “Christians” indicates judgment. How is this even debatable? If you're not judging such people, what does that say about you?

This is in reference to a negative, malicious behavior that is habitually displayed in the church towards not only other members but also non-believers.

Quote:Because you're a Christian and Jesus said to. If you believe that instruction wasn't intended as generally applicable and doesn't apply to you, you can make that argument.

I think you misunderstood my point. Where is the "judgment" plank? What is there to remove?

Quote:You're not seeing clearly that you do some of the same things which you judge others for. If you realized that, you might be forgiving and compassionate toward them and better able to be with them.

No, you don't. If that negative behavior is a hindrance on your emotions, spirtuality, or faith, then you should publicly denounce the non-Christ-like behavior and not associate yourself with it. You're not getting this is completely different than "judging" a person.

You're basically vilifying taking a stand against types of non-Christian behavior and turning it around and calling it "judging". That's not "judging" as we are discussing in the context.

Quote:Sorry, but disgust, contempt, jadedness, and scorn I and my wife have for “Christians" speaks for itself.

Yep. You are that dense.

There just aren't enough of these: ThumbsupThumbsupThumbsupThumbsup for this post KC.

meanwhile - for AlphaGrouch
[Image: 88a04133.jpg]

proving that typical christian behavior of putting people down again. Cause that's what Jesus was ALL about. (double derp)

*note* the temple and money changers are seriously missing in this episode.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
23-12-2013, 03:51 PM
WitchSabrina said:

meanwhile - for AlphaGrouch
[Image: 88a04133.jpg]

Shocking

THIEF!!!!

Drooling

[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
23-12-2013, 03:51 PM
(23-12-2013 03:14 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  This is in reference to a negative, malicious behavior that is habitually displayed in the church towards not only other members but also non-believers.

The disgust, contempt, jadedness, and scorn you have for other Christians would be a good place to start.

Quote:No, you don't. If that negative behavior is a hindrance on your emotions, spirtuality, or faith, then you should publicly denounce the non-Christ-like behavior and not associate yourself with it.
If you find this behavior to be so pervasive that you're considering giving up on church for good, I'd suggest that it's your unreasonable expectations that are a hindrance on your emotions, spirituality, and faith.
Quote:You're not getting this is completely different than "judging" a person.
You're right, I don't get that.
Quote:You're basically vilifying taking a stand against types of non-Christian behavior and turning it around and calling it "judging". That's not "judging" as we are discussing in the context.
I'm not vilifying judgment of behavior. I'm suggesting that if you thoroughly and honestly judge your own behavior, you might be more forgiving and compassionate toward other people. I think there's a much stronger Biblical argument for forgiveness within the ranks than for isolation.
23-12-2013, 03:53 PM
(23-12-2013 03:35 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  proving that typical christian behavior of putting people down again.
Well, I could just do the KC dodge and claim that I'm not putting him down as a person, I'm just putting down his behavior, and call you dense and whatnot for not getting it. Angel