Alpha whining about Judging people

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-12-2013, 03:58 PM
RE: Alpha whining about Judging people
(23-12-2013 03:51 PM)alpha male Wrote:  If you find this behavior to be so pervasive that you're considering giving up on church for good, I'd suggest that it's your unreasonable expectations that are a hindrance on your emotions, spirituality, and faith.

Yes, because it's SOOOOOO unreasonable to expect xtians to hold to the standards of behaviour they espouse and would force on everyone else.

Rolleyes

Quote: I think there's a much stronger Biblical argument for forgiveness within the ranks than for isolation.

Yes, then you could just save your disgust, contempt, jadedness, and scorn for non-believers, like the loving, forgiving xtian omegacur does. Rolleyes

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
23-12-2013, 04:01 PM
(23-12-2013 03:53 PM)alpha male Wrote:  
(23-12-2013 03:35 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  proving that typical christian behavior of putting people down again.
Well, I could just do the KC dodge and claim that I'm not putting him down as a person, I'm just putting down his behavior, and call you dense and whatnot for not getting it. Angel

Not a "standard KC" dodge at all. It's a standard XTIAN dodge.

23-12-2013, 04:44 PM
(23-12-2013 03:11 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Why the fuck are you bringing up and whining about this irrelevant nuance of vague and self-contradictory x-tard dogma on an ATHEIST FORUM?

It's a forum set up for atheists, but Christians are part of the forum too, let's not be getting all 'you shouldn't say that here'...

@ Alpha: Yeah he's judging IMO (a la common English usage anyway Rolleyes ). But seems like he's got a legitimate complaint. If you were on helpdesk at any company worth spit you'd know that when someone's got a grievance the first thing that you absolutely don't do is explain to them why their grievance is not really a grievance... It's the most straightforward way to piss off a customer.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
23-12-2013, 04:56 PM
(23-12-2013 04:44 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(23-12-2013 03:11 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Why the fuck are you bringing up and whining about this irrelevant nuance of vague and self-contradictory x-tard dogma on an ATHEIST FORUM?

It's a forum set up for atheists, but Christians are part of the forum too, let's not be getting all 'you shouldn't say that here'...

Um did you miss the point of the irony of an xtian calling out an xtian over a point of xtian dogma in an atheist forum....? Laughat

[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
23-12-2013, 05:00 PM
(23-12-2013 01:50 PM)alpha male Wrote:  
(23-12-2013 01:10 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Oh. I was mistaken. I thought you were a Christian. My bad.
"Judge NOT, lest ye be judged". (Some dude you may have heard of said something like that).
Yes, he did, but he didn't stop there. He continued on and ended: "First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye."

Judgment isn't bad per se, it's hypocritical judgment that is bad. So, I suggest to KC that he examine himself first, then take another look at the situation. He also talked about dividing from the church because the church is too divisive. Plank...speck...

Lovely. Who died and appointed YOU pope ?
Jebus didn't qualify the statement. I see you actually think you can and need to improve on what he said. It's truly astounding the arrogance of some idiot puny humans who actually think they know the mind of a (supposed ) deity who created 600 sextillion stars. Keep it up. I love it when fundies make religion look bad.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
23-12-2013, 05:55 PM
(23-12-2013 03:02 PM)alpha male Wrote:  
(23-12-2013 02:51 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  ODD how you'd get better support from atheists and non-believers - eh KC?
I have to agree with you on this. If I were getting better support from atheists than from Christians on a particular subject, I'd reevaluate my position.

I see what you did there. Cool
[+] 1 user Likes Lion IRC's post
23-12-2013, 06:25 PM
(23-12-2013 04:56 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  ...Um did you miss the point of the irony of an xtian calling out an xtian over a point of xtian dogma in an atheist forum....? Laughat

KingsChosen has chosen to leave the Church but just not "Jesus and all that garbage"

alpha male would never refer to Jesus as garbage.
[+] 1 user Likes Lion IRC's post
23-12-2013, 06:33 PM
(23-12-2013 03:51 PM)alpha male Wrote:  This is in reference to a negative, malicious behavior
I'm not vilifying judgment of behavior. I'm suggesting that if you thoroughly and honestly judge your own behavior, you might be more forgiving and compassionate toward other people. I think there's a much stronger Biblical argument for forgiveness within the ranks than for isolation.

Forgiveness is for a deed done, forgiveness for a continuation of a behaviour is condoning it.
I respect KC for his stance..
And as KC is a believer there cant be any isolation, his imaginary friend is always with him.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
23-12-2013, 06:49 PM
(23-12-2013 06:33 PM)sporehux Wrote:  
(23-12-2013 03:51 PM)alpha male Wrote:  This is in reference to a negative, malicious behavior
I'm not vilifying judgment of behavior. I'm suggesting that if you thoroughly and honestly judge your own behavior, you might be more forgiving and compassionate toward other people. I think there's a much stronger Biblical argument for forgiveness within the ranks than for isolation.

Forgiveness is for a deed done, forgiveness for a continuation of a behaviour is condoning it.
I respect KC for his stance..
And as KC is a believer there cant be any isolation, his imaginary friend is always with him.

The sinner hatin' God grovellers aren't wrong in everything they say y'know. Sometimes what they say is spot on.

Church Hoppers.
23-12-2013, 07:09 PM
Church hoppers, lol.

Notice how the article does not mention the obvious option of inviting them to help reform the particular churches ills to offset hopping, its all about blame the person who left and label them a selfish "not a true Christian", who should take christ as an example and suffer, obey a bad church like a good servant.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".