Alpha whining about Judging people

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-12-2013, 10:51 PM
RE: Alpha whining about Judging people
(23-12-2013 07:09 PM)sporehux Wrote:  Church hoppers, lol.

Notice how the article does not mention the obvious option of inviting them to help reform the particular churches ills to offset hopping, its all about blame the person who left and label them a selfish "not a true Christian", who should take christ as an example and suffer, obey a bad church like a good servant.

Yair, I noticed that. This is what Protestantism has been all about since Marty Luther cracked the shits with his Cafflik employers and founded his own church.

That is, getting an egotistic self-righteous resentment(s) on the tenets and/or the way things are done or the way people behave in your cult. Then, in a fit of puritanical pique, forming your own church or finding another that nearly agrees with your pietistic point of view. Then eventually getting pissed off with this new church too.

And so it goes, on and on, until today, when you have 33,000 mad dog holier-than-thou Proddie cults in America alone, all of them thinking the other 32,999 heretical cults are agents of Satan.

Right this moment there are thousands maybe millions of these narcissistic Proddie cunts planning a walk-out at their church because its pastor and/or its members are failing to meet their demigod expectations. Expectations they are positive coincide perfectly with God's real plan for us too.

There must still be some filthy fucking Cafflik remnants left in me. Because I absolutely despise fucking capitalist infatuated American Proddies, even worse than I despise animal haters. Angry
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes The Misanthrope's post
23-12-2013, 11:20 PM
(23-12-2013 06:25 PM)Lion IRC Wrote:  
(23-12-2013 04:56 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  ...Um did you miss the point of the irony of an xtian calling out an xtian over a point of xtian dogma in an atheist forum....? Laughat

KingsChosen has chosen to leave the Church but just not "Jesus and all that garbage"

Oh, really, dumbass? And just what led you to somehow believe that I wasn't perfectly aware of that?

Quote:alpha male would never refer to Jesus as garbage.

But you just did. Well done, fuckwit.

If you don't have anything incredibly fucking stupid to say, then just don't fucking say anything.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
24-12-2013, 12:11 AM
I think KC is making the right choice. All these other churches and their members are losing the message and polluting it with all this separation and malformed opinions. He believes in God, isn't that enough for you? He has come closer to understanding the message than many other adherents. Science and religion aren't at war with each other no matter what anyone says. The only opposition is ancient cosmology and the modern one, not to mention ancient ethics that hold little sway here. Some that the church perpetuate are abhorrent and detrimental to human rights especially considering what two consenting adults do behind closed doors. KC, if you can find a church that is more to your liking without all this hypocrisy, please do. I wonder though, you have the message. Isn't that what the church is supposed to do? It is supposed to bring you to come to terms with life, not how life came about.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
[+] 1 user Likes grizzlysnake's post
24-12-2013, 03:44 AM
(23-12-2013 04:44 PM)morondog Wrote:  @ Alpha: Yeah he's judging IMO (a la common English usage anyway Rolleyes ). But seems like he's got a legitimate complaint.
Parts are, parts aren't (I don't see it as unreasonable or unusual for a pastor and a congregation to not fit).
Quote:If you were on helpdesk at any company worth spit you'd know that when someone's got a grievance the first thing that you absolutely don't do is explain to them why their grievance is not really a grievance... It's the most straightforward way to piss off a customer.
I didn't tell him that. I suggested he's guilty of some of the same things he faults others for. I'm sure this is likewise poor strategy on a helpdesk, but I'm not on a helpdesk.
24-12-2013, 03:46 AM
(23-12-2013 04:56 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Um did you miss the point of the irony of an xtian calling out an xtian over a point of xtian dogma in an atheist forum....? Laughat
Did you miss the irony of a Christian who has problems with other Christians asking for comment on an atheist forum?
24-12-2013, 03:47 AM
(23-12-2013 05:00 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(23-12-2013 01:50 PM)alpha male Wrote:  Yes, he did, but he didn't stop there. He continued on and ended: "First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye."

Judgment isn't bad per se, it's hypocritical judgment that is bad. So, I suggest to KC that he examine himself first, then take another look at the situation. He also talked about dividing from the church because the church is too divisive. Plank...speck...

Lovely. Who died and appointed YOU pope ?
Jebus didn't qualify the statement.
Jesus did. I quoted it above. "First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye."
24-12-2013, 03:50 AM
(23-12-2013 06:33 PM)sporehux Wrote:  Forgiveness is for a deed done, forgiveness for a continuation of a behaviour is condoning it.
Matt 18
21 Then Peter came to Him and said, “Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Up to seven times?”

22 Jesus said to him, “I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven.

Not that this matters to you, but it should matter to KC.
24-12-2013, 04:00 AM (This post was last modified: 24-12-2013 05:46 AM by DLJ.)
(24-12-2013 03:50 AM)alpha male Wrote:  
(23-12-2013 06:33 PM)sporehux Wrote:  Forgiveness is for a deed done, forgiveness for a continuation of a behaviour is condoning it.
Matt 18
21 Then Peter came to Him and said, “Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Up to seven times?”

22 Jesus said to him, “I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven.

Thus demonstrating simultaneously why most of the world's population consider christians to be morally bankrupt and hypocrites.

Dang! This is too easy.

Cool

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
24-12-2013, 09:27 AM
(24-12-2013 03:50 AM)alpha male Wrote:  
Matt 18

I'm assuming you understand that they're discussing forgiveness of individuals, right?

I mean really... I feel like I'm trying to explain this to a spoon.

Besides, forgiveness doesn't have anything to do with this situation AT ALL. Who said I didn't forgive Christians for acting the way they do? Of course I do. I'm simply choosing not to be a part of their negative actions because I'm not associating that with my being anymore.

This isn't a hard concept. You're spinning this and trying to make something out of it when there's nothing there.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
24-12-2013, 09:37 AM
(24-12-2013 09:27 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(24-12-2013 03:50 AM)alpha male Wrote:  Matt 18

I'm assuming you understand that they're discussing forgiveness of individuals, right?

I mean really... I feel like I'm trying to explain this to a spoon.

Besides, forgiveness doesn't have anything to do with this situation AT ALL. Who said I didn't forgive Christians for acting the way they do? Of course I do. I'm simply choosing not to be a part of their negative actions because I'm not associating that with my being anymore.

This isn't a hard concept. You're spinning this and trying to make something out of it when there's nothing there.

How can you choose? You don't have free will. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post