Alpha whining about Judging people

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-12-2013, 11:34 AM
RE: Alpha whining about Judging people
(24-12-2013 11:30 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(24-12-2013 11:18 AM)Chas Wrote:  Yes, I should have said that this is a consequence of his avowed theology. Drinking Beverage

I dun been coffeed Undecided

Drinking Beverage

coffee been?

Smartass

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
24-12-2013, 11:46 AM
OK, hang on a tick ChasDog.

I'm a tad confused.

Is the Calvinist's position one of determinism or fatalism?

24-12-2013, 12:13 PM
(24-12-2013 11:46 AM)DLJ Wrote:  OK, hang on a tick ChasDog.

I'm a tad confused.

Calvinist's believe that everything that happens is the will of God (i.e. determinism, if my idea of what determinism is actually does coincide with the dictionary definition).

Accordingly, according to me it should *lead* to fatalism, 'cos what the fuck is the point of anything if God's already decided ? *But* the cunning linguist replies, what if God decided that you would decide not to be fatalistic and go do stuff...

AFAIK Calvinists believe that God controls *everything* down to the movement of the teeniest tiniest quark or gluon, or the bear doing biological functions in the woods, or the tree falling on the bear which jumps out of the way at the last second, in the woods... God dun allofit.

He also dun decided that I shalt not believe in him, and that PJ shalt type long screeds of nonsense on the forum, and that Seth shall maketh podcasts... and that you shall asketh questions and fancy Asian girls with robust attitudes towards such colonial ideas as underwear...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
24-12-2013, 12:20 PM

I'm a tad confused.

Well that depends on what flavor of calivinism....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calvinism

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
24-12-2013, 12:23 PM
(24-12-2013 12:13 PM)morondog Wrote:  

I'm a tad confused.

Calvinist's believe that everything that happens is the will of God (i.e. determinism, if my idea of what determinism is actually does coincide with the dictionary definition).

Accordingly, according to me it should *lead* to fatalism, 'cos what the fuck is the point of anything if God's already decided ? *But* the cunning linguist replies, what if God decided that you would decide not to be fatalistic and go do stuff...

AFAIK Calvinists believe that God controls *everything* down to the movement of the teeniest tiniest quark or gluon, or the bear doing biological functions in the woods, or the tree falling on the bear which jumps out of the way at the last second, in the woods... God dun allofit.

He also dun decided that I shalt not believe in him, and that PJ shalt type long screeds of nonsense on the forum, and that Seth shall maketh podcasts... and that you shall asketh questions and fancy Asian girls with robust attitudes towards such colonial ideas as underwear...

OK, thanks. That made perfect sense.

Just checking though... when you said according to you, was that you speaking as morondog or morongod?

Actually, who cares? Might as well just leave you to it on the forum for a while and go on a fatalistic rape and fatal killing spree as it won't make any difference to any ultimate predestined, predetermined outcome.

When they come to get me, I'll just say it was god's/dog's will.

Or maybe I'll just go clubbing tonight and move in mysterious ways.

Big Grin

24-12-2013, 12:23 PM
(24-12-2013 12:13 PM)morondog Wrote:  *But* the cunning linguist replies, what if God decided that you would decide not to be fatalistic and go do stuff...

Yep, that's why KC maintains that god gave him desires...

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
24-12-2013, 12:25 PM
(24-12-2013 12:23 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(24-12-2013 12:13 PM)morondog Wrote:  *But* the cunning linguist replies, what if God decided that you would decide not to be fatalistic and go do stuff...

Yep, that's why KC maintains that god gave him desires...

Nah, QC gave him desires.

His desires gave him god.

Wink

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
24-12-2013, 12:32 PM
(24-12-2013 12:23 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Just checking though... when you said according to you, was that you speaking as morondog or morongod?

Actually, who cares? Might as well just leave you to it on the forum for a while and go on a fatalistic rape and fatal killing spree as it won't make any difference to any ultimate predestined, predetermined outcome.

When they come to get me, I'll just say it was god's/dog's will.

Or maybe I'll just go clubbing tonight and move in mysterious ways.

Big Grin

You're not pinning your sins on me you evil scum! Go with the mysterious ways option. Otherwise you might get fatalistically butt-sexed in fatalistic prison.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
24-12-2013, 01:42 PM
(24-12-2013 04:00 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Thus demonstrating simultaneously why most of the world's population consider christians to be morally bankrupt and hypocrites.
Can you support that?
Quote:Dang! This is too easy.

Cool
Yes, it's easy making stuff up.
24-12-2013, 03:01 PM
(24-12-2013 01:42 PM)alpha male Wrote:  
(24-12-2013 04:00 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Thus demonstrating simultaneously why most of the world's population consider christians to be morally bankrupt and hypocrites.
Can you support that?
Quote:Dang! This is too easy.

Cool
Yes, it's easy making stuff up.

Hell, even xtians consider other xtians to be morally bankrupt and hypocrites. Consider the evidence of your own accusations against KC.

Damn, that was too easy.

Drinking Beverage

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 4 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post