Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-07-2013, 11:54 AM (This post was last modified: 29-07-2013 02:59 PM by Rahn127.)
RE: Alpha
[Image: 220px-Alpha_logo.svg.png]

Questions about life bringing you down ?

Let us uplift you and help you side step all those pesky questions about life.
We have ALL the answers in one book.
You won't need to ever open another book again.

With us, your life will have meaning. It says so right here in our book.

Do you have what it takes to be an Alpha ?
Just close your eyes. Trust us & everything we tell you.

(Just 2500 easy payments of 10% of your weekly salary)

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
29-07-2013, 03:03 PM
RE: Alpha
I quite enjoyed it. The local vicar invited me to the course and he was the one running it. He's a good guy and on the liberal end of religious. There were other interesting people on the course too and we had some really interesting discussions. There was also a woman there for a couple of evenings who had been an atheist but had been converted by doing an Alpha course which was really interesting.

It made me thing about the number of "cultural Christians" in the UK. We are pretty apathetic towards religion as a nation but a lot of people identify as Christians. I think this is because they were raised as Christians so they think they believe when actually they don't deep down. That's the impression I got from at least two other people on the course.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply