Already a thread on this.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-04-2013, 01:47 AM
RE: Already a thread on this.
(25-04-2013 12:55 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  
(24-04-2013 11:41 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  So the search for the higgs boson was insanely insane?
I mean how many times did they smash particles together? Shit loads.

How many times did they smash the exact same sort of particles together in the exact same manner?

The principle of them smashing the particles into each other remains the same, which is my point.

That saying you said relates to people doing the same thing over, yet people do not do the same action EXACTLY the same (unless on computer sort of thing).
ie: if I threw a ball, I would not throw that ball in the exact same way every time.
Yet according to your saying, me trying to throw a ball at the moon over and over and over etc... is the very definition of insane.

Check and mate. Drinking Beverage

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-04-2013, 04:03 AM
I dunno. If Einstein were still around I believe he could defend his position.

Does the same thing not have the same meaning as exactly the same thing?
---
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
Find all posts by this user
25-04-2013, 06:46 AM
(25-04-2013 01:47 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(25-04-2013 12:55 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  How many times did they smash the exact same sort of particles together in the exact same manner?

The principle of them smashing the particles into each other remains the same, which is my point.

That saying you said relates to people doing the same thing over, yet people do not do the same action EXACTLY the same (unless on computer sort of thing).
ie: if I threw a ball, I would not throw that ball in the exact same way every time.
Yet according to your saying, me trying to throw a ball at the moon over and over and over etc... is the very definition of insane.

Check and mate. Drinking Beverage

What? Everyone throws a ball at the moon over and over and over... do they not?

Are you trying to call everyone insane now? Dodgy

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user