Alright. I'm converting to atheism.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-05-2017, 01:36 PM
RE: Alright. I'm converting to atheism.
(07-05-2017 12:52 PM)Zombocalypse Wrote:  Alright. I'm converting to atheism.

After reading The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins, and Christopher Hitchens's God is not Great, I've decided that I should reject God altogether. Atheism is the path of the truth.

So please tell me... How on earth can I live my life knowing I'm destined to be nothing more than a rotting corpse? How on earth do I live a life without any fucking meaning? And what the fuck is the point of having morals if there are no incentives to it?

I admire all of you, for living such worthless, meaningless, pathetic lives without shooting yourselves in the head. I really, truly, admire all of you.

So what's your secret for not blowing up your brains? I want to learn from the masters themselves.

Sometimes, after a while, meaning just kind of falls on us without warning. Like a...a hammer! Like a great, big, beautiful hammer.

I hope this happens to you very, very soon.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like julep's post
07-05-2017, 01:37 PM
(07-05-2017 01:28 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(07-05-2017 01:18 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  A person can also lack a belief that God does not exist, without holding a belief that God does not exist, like I lack a belief in whether you have a son.

He is even wrong in a wrong analogy. Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm

Why? Because one analogy is a belief about whether he has a son or not, and the other a belief about something existing or not?

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
07-05-2017, 01:39 PM
(07-05-2017 01:01 PM)Zombocalypse Wrote:  I really do care about all of you.

I want you all to be saved from eternal damnation. You ought to be thanking me.

Quote:Alright. I'm converting to atheism.

Praise to be Jesus.
Lying for Jesus gives meaning to YOUR life.

Laugh out loadLaugh out load

You can name NOTHING you have in your life, that gives YOU meaning, that we don't have.
Nothing.

Almost all of us, have MOUNTAINS more in our lives we find meaningful, then you will ever be able to imagine.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
07-05-2017, 01:39 PM
(07-05-2017 01:33 PM)Zombocalypse Wrote:  I am simply asking how to live a life of no purpose or meaning whatsoever.

We wouldn't know. Try asking somebody who has devoted their life to a fictional character.

BTW, you need trolling lessons. You're not gouda at it at all.

[Image: IMG_0153_DutchmensGouda-1024x682.jpg]

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
07-05-2017, 01:40 PM
This thread is now in the pit. Enter at your own risk.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
07-05-2017, 01:45 PM
(07-05-2017 12:52 PM)Zombocalypse Wrote:  And what the fuck is the point of having morals if there are no incentives to it?

The rest of us aren't sociopaths. You on the other hand will just have to accept that there are fundamental aspects of human nature that will always be confusing to you.
[+] 5 users Like Mathilda's post
07-05-2017, 01:46 PM
(07-05-2017 01:03 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I picture him saying it wearing a fundoshi, which if you know Girly, isn't far from the realm of possibility Tongue

[Image: yoga-guy_zpsvkwjdow5.jpg]

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
07-05-2017, 01:53 PM
(07-05-2017 12:52 PM)Zombocalypse Wrote:  Alright. I'm converting to atheism.

After reading The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins, and Christopher Hitchens's God is not Great, I've decided that I should reject God altogether. Atheism is the path of the truth.

So please tell me... How on earth can I live my life knowing I'm destined to be nothing more than a rotting corpse? How on earth do I live a life without any fucking meaning? And what the fuck is the point of having morals if there are no incentives to it?

I admire all of you, for living such worthless, meaningless, pathetic lives without shooting yourselves in the head. I really, truly, admire all of you.

So what's your secret for not blowing up your brains? I want to learn from the masters themselves.

Life is short and finite, that is why it's so precious and meaningful.

I work for and am part of an organization that helps keep thousands and thousands of lives safe everyday. I find that massively meaningful, rewarding, and satisfying.

I build custom PCs on the side as a hobby. Even that is meaningful as I can see how happy and excited my clients are when they pick up their machines.

Even something small like walking my dog has meaning. Seeing this dog who is just so happy to go from one tree to another, wagging his tail in excitement as he discover another dog has left its mark there.
A dog whose life is what? 7 to 12 years, finds his life satisfying and meaningful just walking around finding out that there are others like him.

Why would anyone need some sky daddy to get meaning in their life?
It's quite the opposite. If you believe that an afterlife exists and that it's blissful and eternal. Then what's your 70, 80, maybe 90 years here on earth worth?

We get one shot at life. I find mine satisfying, meaningful, and rewarding. You should try to make the best if yours. If you feel that your life here on earth meaningless and without "incentives", then I feel sorry for you and hope that some day you will find meaning.
[+] 5 users Like xieulong's post
07-05-2017, 01:55 PM
(07-05-2017 01:10 PM)Zombocalypse Wrote:  What are you talking about? I never edited anything. The message is still the same. Check it again.

(07-05-2017 01:15 PM)Zombocalypse Wrote:  I only edited a spelling error.

As Kira said... "If your lies are going to be this transparent, this is going to be a very short interrogation"

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
07-05-2017, 01:58 PM
(07-05-2017 01:35 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  IS it "a lack of belief" that you find to be a meaningless word-salad, such is if I were to say that I lack a belief as to whether you're married. Or is the problem that "lack of belief" is being applied to "exist" that you find problematic?

The problematic comprehension issue is yours, my friend. I've explained it in terms easy enough for a grade-schooler to understand. If you either can't, or won't, comprehend it, the problem is yours, not mine.
[+] 3 users Like Heath_Tierney's post