Alright. I'm converting to atheism.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-05-2017, 02:02 PM
Alright. I'm converting to atheism.
(07-05-2017 01:01 PM)Zombocalypse Wrote:  I really do care about all of you.

I want you all to be saved from eternal damnation. You ought to be thanking me.

This post is at odds with your OP. You're trolling for the fictional Jesus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Rachel's post
07-05-2017, 02:03 PM
RE: Alright. I'm converting to atheism.
The sound this thread makes when I scroll through it:

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
07-05-2017, 02:06 PM
(07-05-2017 01:58 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(07-05-2017 01:35 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  IS it "a lack of belief" that you find to be a meaningless word-salad, such is if I were to say that I lack a belief as to whether you're married. Or is the problem that "lack of belief" is being applied to "exist" that you find problematic?

The problematic comprehension issue is yours, my friend. I've explained it in terms easy enough for a grade-schooler to understand. If you either can't, or won't, comprehend it, the problem is yours, not mine.

It's nothing.
Meaningless, endless questions are his "attention seeking" schtick.
Not sure what went wrong. Maybe he wasn't breastfed.

[Image: spamopath.jpg]

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
07-05-2017, 02:07 PM
At some point this may start to sink in for you people. I dunno, you do seem fairly stupid, but maybe repetition is the key. Anyway...

We've heard your shit before. We don't care.

As I type this, the forum stats indicate 350+ guests here in the last fifteen minutes.

When you all ask your bullshit questions, guests see that.
When we give our answers, guests see that too.

What do you think makes a better impression, if you, as you say, are here to "save souls"?

Trolling?

That said, lets look at your particular pile of fecal material...

(07-05-2017 12:52 PM)Zombocalypse Wrote:  Alright. I'm converting to atheism.

I told you before: No. We have standards.

(07-05-2017 12:52 PM)Zombocalypse Wrote:  After reading The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins, and Christopher Hitchens's God is not Great, I've decided that I should reject God altogether. Atheism is the path of the truth.

Atheism is simply a negative answer to a question.

It is not a path.

BTW, as another poster (hi RS76!) says, "Lying for jeebus is still lying."
How many lies have you told since you got here?

We'll save you a seat in hell.

(07-05-2017 12:52 PM)Zombocalypse Wrote:  So please tell me... How on earth can I live my life knowing I'm destined to be nothing more than a rotting corpse?

[Image: tumblr_mlbb91MUJa1s5jjtzo1_500_zps6gpivxlb.gif]

(07-05-2017 12:52 PM)Zombocalypse Wrote:  How on earth do I live a life without any fucking meaning?

Guess you can't. Oh well.

The only meaning in the bible is servitude; slavery to a negligent god; eternal homage to a whimsical maniac. Yeah, that sounds like fun.

(07-05-2017 12:52 PM)Zombocalypse Wrote:  And what the fuck is the point of having morals if there are no incentives to it?

So why be good without a reward? So, since you're now an atheist, what crime are you going to commit first?

If your morals come from god then why is Andrea Yates in prison?
If your morals come from god, then why is ISIS wrong?
If your morals come from god, then why did we outlaw slavery?

All of these atrocities (infanticide, killing infidels, slavery) are all supported in the bible.

(07-05-2017 12:52 PM)Zombocalypse Wrote:  I admire all of you, for living such worthless, meaningless, pathetic lives without shooting yourselves in the head.

We some bad motherfuckers. Evil_monster

Either that or we're simply not the emotional equivalent of squalling infants.
Maybe we understand that life is precious and to be appreciated by those who have it.
Maybe we just understand that as social creatures we can find joy and fulfillment in helping ourselves and others.

Maybe, but I'm sticking with my first answer.

(07-05-2017 12:52 PM)Zombocalypse Wrote:  I really, truly, admire all of you.

Another lie.

(07-05-2017 12:52 PM)Zombocalypse Wrote:  So what's your secret for not blowing up your brains?

The phrase is "blowing out your brains" dumbfuck. And I don't recommend it. First and foremost, you'd probably fuck it up. Second, there might be people who care about you. Third, this is the only shot you get. It'd be a shame to waste it.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 9 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
07-05-2017, 02:09 PM
(07-05-2017 01:24 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(07-05-2017 01:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Just to let you know Tomatillo, that sentence makes no fucking sense. That is all.

Actually it makes (possibly) sense in two ways:

"Atheism is belief or lack of belief that God does not exist
or
"Atheism is belief or lack of belief that God does not exist

It takes a lot of stupid to write something that makes no sense, and the only two possible ways it does make sense, you are wrong.

Ha! You are right, engineer. Nonsense takes work and warrants consideration. "This sentence is false." is nonsense. "Atheism is belief that God does not exist or atheism is lack of belief that God does not exist" is not interesting enough to be nonsense. It is a banal truism. An uninteresting tautology.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
07-05-2017, 02:10 PM
(07-05-2017 01:58 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(07-05-2017 01:35 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  IS it "a lack of belief" that you find to be a meaningless word-salad, such is if I were to say that I lack a belief as to whether you're married. Or is the problem that "lack of belief" is being applied to "exist" that you find problematic?

The problematic comprehension issue is yours, my friend. I've explained it in terms easy enough for a grade-schooler to understand. If you either can't, or won't, comprehend it, the problem is yours, not mine.

And I explained to you the actual definitions. In contrast to your earlier claim that atheism is conclusion derived from evidence, which is not an actual requirement for one to be an atheist.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
07-05-2017, 02:15 PM
(07-05-2017 02:07 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  

I told you before: No. We have standards.

Laugh out load

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
07-05-2017, 02:16 PM
(my emphasis on converting)

It's sooo cute when religious people want to use the word "convert" in regards to how atheists arrive at their out look at life. It's the kindergarten equivalent of "I know you are but what am I..." or "I'm rubber and you're glue, whatever you say to me bounces off me and sticks to you..."

It's like they know they're acting childish and they want to pretend that we are as childish as they are. WE'RE NOT. We are the adults...we know that good or bad... the buck stops here.

(07-05-2017 12:52 PM)Zombocalypse Wrote:  So what's your secret for not blowing up your brains? I want to learn from the masters themselves.

I think you'll find that it is the religious sort of mind that it's doing all the blowing up of things in the world.

Besides religious people need atheists in the world. If there were no atheists, then there would be no evidence that belief in "god" was truly a choice that you could make of your own free will.

You wouldn't want to be sent to "hell" because of a god given pre-condition would you?

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 2 users Like unsapien's post
07-05-2017, 02:24 PM

After reading The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins, and Christopher Hitchens's God is not Great, I've decided that I should reject God altogether. Atheism is the path of the truth.

So please tell me... How on earth can I live my life knowing I'm destined to be nothing more than a rotting corpse? How on earth do I live a life without any fucking meaning? And what the fuck is the point of having morals if there are no incentives to it?

I admire all of you, for living such worthless, meaningless, pathetic lives without shooting yourselves in the head. I really, truly, admire all of you.

So what's your secret for not blowing up your brains? I want to learn from the masters themselves.

We are pathetic? At least we don't need someone to tell us how to live a life. If you can't even do that by yourself then you are the pathetic one.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
07-05-2017, 02:41 PM
[Image: 493.jpg]

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like ShadowProject's post