Alright. I'm converting to atheism.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-05-2017, 03:23 PM
RE: Alright. I'm converting to atheism.
(07-05-2017 01:01 PM)Zombocalypse Wrote:  I really do care about all of you.

I want you all to be saved from eternal damnation. You ought to be thanking me.

Provide incontrovertible evidence a god exists. You can't use the bible to do this, it's a book of claims. It was written by people who claim a god exists but it is not evidence a god exists. You cannot use a book of claims as evidence.

If you can't provide evidence then you're simply an extortionist and a silly theist troll.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
07-05-2017, 03:30 PM
(07-05-2017 12:52 PM)Zombocalypse Wrote:  Alright. I'm converting to atheism.

After reading The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins, and Christopher Hitchens's God is not Great, I've decided that I should reject God altogether. Atheism is the path of the truth.

So please tell me... How on earth can I live my life knowing I'm destined to be nothing more than a rotting corpse? How on earth do I live a life without any fucking meaning? And what the fuck is the point of having morals if there are no incentives to it?

I admire all of you, for living such worthless, meaningless, pathetic lives without shooting yourselves in the head. I really, truly, admire all of you.

So what's your secret for not blowing up your brains? I want to learn from the masters themselves.
Rum.

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” ~ Oscar Wilde
[+] 7 users Like SeaJay's post
07-05-2017, 03:44 PM
Bye-bye! Don't let the door catch you on the ass!

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
07-05-2017, 03:47 PM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2017 06:33 PM by Vera.)
(07-05-2017 03:44 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Bye-bye! Don't let the door catch you on the ass!

Yeah, we wouldn't want it to get a concussion or anything Drinking Beverage

(Also, someone make me go back to work, please Sadcryface )

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-05-2017, 06:12 PM
Alright. I'm converting to atheism.
(07-05-2017 01:23 PM)Anjele Wrote:  [Image: image_zps1gfzfr9b.png]
I wonder what this girl looks like grown up.
07-05-2017, 06:16 PM
(07-05-2017 06:12 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(07-05-2017 01:23 PM)Anjele Wrote:  [Image: image_zps1gfzfr9b.png]
I wonder what this girl looks like grown up.

[Image: giphy.gif]

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 5 users Like cactus's post
07-05-2017, 07:05 PM
So please tell me... How on earth can I live my life knowing I'm destined to be nothing more than a rotting corpse? How on earth do I live a life without any fucking meaning? And what the fuck is the point of having morals if there are no incentives to it?
I admire all of you, for living such worthless, meaningless, pathetic lives without shooting yourselves in the head. I really, truly, admire all of you.
So what's your secret for not blowing up your brains? I want to learn from the masters themselves.

I simply accept reality; I have always been part of this universe and will always be. As a human my genes and my contributions will live after me. My goal is to do the best for my progeny, my fellow human beings and my universe.

I do not need delusions of everylasting life, of grandeur or promises of 72 virgins to make me happy. @ age 78 I make the best of every day and don't worry about anything past that.
[+] 8 users Like psybj's post
07-05-2017, 07:20 PM
(07-05-2017 01:01 PM)Zombocalypse Wrote:  I really do care about all of you.

I want you all to be saved from eternal damnation. You ought to be thanking me.

Thanking you for lying to us and treating a serious subject so flippantly. I guess honesty is not a virtue in Christianity. We won't suffer eternal damnation, Zombie, that's a figment of your imagination. Christianity is so irrational that you have to lie in order to save us from the punishment which the Christian program has instilled in you by means of getting you to imagine all these horrors and then pretend that they are real. When you don't have reason on your side you have to resort to such dishonest tactics. But it's all a fraud that you the victim perpetrate on yourself.

I do thank you though because it's always wonderful to get a written record of the wreck that Christianity makes of its adherents minds and how dishonest you all are, you who come here to convert us. Did it ever cross your mind that many of us here were raised in Christianity. Many here know much more about the religion than those coming here on a wing and a prayer with the delusional idea that all they have to do is remind us we're mortal and threaten us with some imaginary torment and we'll all fall to our knees and join you in your fantasies. Keep em coming. It only drives those who might be on the fence to our side. Keep it up.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 3 users Like true scotsman's post
07-05-2017, 07:31 PM
(07-05-2017 01:33 PM)Zombocalypse Wrote:  Please stop being mean. I came here for meaningful discussion.

I am simply asking how to live a life of no purpose or meaning whatsoever. I'm in love with Friedrich Nietzsche.
This question does not deserve an answer. It is fallaciously complex. It assumes premises that haven't been argued for as if they are self-evident knowledge. I know you've been banned but maybe some are reading this and don't understand that not all questions deserve an answer. Theists and others, don't ask loaded questions like this if you want honest answers.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 1 user Likes true scotsman's post
07-05-2017, 08:04 PM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2017 08:12 PM by RocketSurgeon76.)
I've never figured out why they think "meaning" comes from their sky wizard, or why they think atheism is the only one that would be "hopeless", given the premise they're pimping-- that without their sky wizard, we'd all kill ourselves. Well, there goes every other religion that has ever existed. By their "logic" (I use that term loosely), the whole world should have killed itself thousands of years ago, before their tribal God of the Canaanite people we label Israelites decided to contact the human species. It was ALLLL desperation, before that! Rolleyes

It makes me wonder if they all just sit around in their religious thought-circle-jerks, in the psychological/emotional equivalent of being stoned out of their gourds*, and just say random shit that makes sense only to them... then they just repeat it to others without really thinking it through while they're sober.

[Image: 94c484b191ad398946d0d28e2389f6fd.jpg]

Hey man, if like Jesus makes me really really happy then how could anybody be happy in any way other than I am?

Dude, totally!

We should go find some atheists and tell them they're sad people, then don't listen to anything they say back to us!

Yeah, like totally!

* Edit to Add: Before anyone gets mad at me for saying that religious people in those groups are the psychological equivalent of stoners, I'd like to point out that I didn't come up with the concept... they did:

[Image: 6710-heathered_blue_nl-z1-t-drunk-on-jes...spirit.png]

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 8 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post