Alright. I'm converting to atheism.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-05-2017, 09:16 PM
RE: Alright. I'm converting to atheism.
(07-05-2017 01:18 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  Though traditionally the latter would be considered an agnostic,

Nope.
Traditionally agnosticism held that it is not possible to know if there is a god or not.
Maybe you should have extended that PhD program a week or two beyond the 6 month required on-line classes. Laugh out load

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
07-05-2017, 09:41 PM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2017 11:13 PM by treefireguy.)
Alright. I'm converting to atheism.
This thread was highly entertaining to read through. Can we let the dipshit back in for a day just to stoke up the flames a bit? Just kidding. Fuck that guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[+] 2 users Like treefireguy's post
08-05-2017, 06:52 AM
(07-05-2017 01:01 PM)Zombocalypse Wrote:  I really do care about all of you.

I want you all to be saved from eternal damnation. You ought to be thanking me.

See, your actions don't seem to portray that. (Granted, why bother replying to you post ban? But still.) Intentionally riling people up doesn't tend to convert one to worship. You're not Christian version of David Silverman, whose firebrand/be a dick tactics piss people off, but then make them consider, "Why does this piss me off?"

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-05-2017, 07:09 AM
(08-05-2017 06:52 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  See, your actions don't seem to portray that. (Granted, why bother replying to you post ban? But still.) Intentionally riling people up doesn't tend to convert one to worship. You're not Christian version of David Silverman, whose firebrand/be a dick tactics piss people off, but then make them consider, "Why does this piss me off?"

Riling up? 'twas but a scratch(ing post)

[Image: CAT%2BGIF%2B%25E2%2580%25A2%2BHere%2Bis%...gical.gift]

(I do get what you mean though Yes )

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
08-05-2017, 07:16 AM
I woke up this morning thinking that we might have lost out on a teachable moment. If indeed there were 300 guests as someone said as our “new atheist” was posting (no doubt many his invitees to the gladiator games here at TTA) we could have done a better job of dismantling his view of what an atheist is or thinks in front of them.

It occurs to me that one of us should have invited Zombo into the cage for a one on one discourse. Most of us here could have handed him his head on a platter in the arena while his buddies watched. It didn’t occur to me until this morning. Confused

Maybe next time. Consider

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
08-05-2017, 07:18 AM
FC - we did this in his previous threads. There comes a point where you have to stop lather-rinse-repeating.

08-05-2017, 07:21 AM
(08-05-2017 07:18 AM)Vera Wrote:  FC - we did this in his previous threads.

Oh. Just a thought, I didn’t see the 1:1 thread.

[Image: nevermind.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
08-05-2017, 07:26 AM
There wasn't a one on one thread - the bozo had zero interest in or capacity to debate anything or anyone. People did reply to his "questions" in good (lack of) faith, though Rolleyes

08-05-2017, 07:34 AM
Zombo couldn't debate his way out of a paper bag Imo, hence the multiple threads started but not engaged on.
08-05-2017, 07:34 AM
(08-05-2017 07:26 AM)Vera Wrote:  There wasn't a one on one thread - the bozo had zero interest in or capacity to debate anything or anyone. People did reply to his "questions" in good (lack of) faith, though Rolleyes

The debate I envision would not have been focused on his edification but directed at that of his guests.

Look, I get it. We are bombarded every week with some wingnut on the error of our ways. We all get short tempered, me included. The thought does occur to me that some of these wingnuts should be directed towards a 1:1 dialogue both for exposing their ridiculous brand of wingnutiness and for our own entertainment.