Alright, Mr./Ms. TV Exec...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-01-2014, 02:32 PM
RE: Alright, Mr./Ms. TV Exec...
(17-01-2014 12:40 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Fuck that. I'll do you one better. Cancel your damn cable. You don't need it.

Did it over a year ago, saving money, my sanity and gaining intelligence (I think Sadcryface ). Thumbsup

I've been trying to convince my wife of that for years. Me? I can go without it no problem. Wife? No, there are a few shows she likes Sadcryface so, we keep it. She'd be okay with cutting it if we had decent internet again, but all I can get out here in the sticks is satellite internet. Supposedly getting fiber optic internet by the end of the year, but I ain't holding my breath.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-01-2014, 02:40 PM
Fox News Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
17-01-2014, 02:40 PM
(17-01-2014 02:32 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(17-01-2014 12:40 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Fuck that. I'll do you one better. Cancel your damn cable. You don't need it.

Did it over a year ago, saving money, my sanity and gaining intelligence (I think Sadcryface ). Thumbsup

I've been trying to convince my wife of that for years. Me? I can go without it no problem. Wife? No, there are a few shows she likes Sadcryface so, we keep it. She'd be okay with cutting it if we had decent internet again, but all I can get out here in the sticks is satellite internet. Supposedly getting fiber optic internet by the end of the year, but I ain't holding my breath.

Well that's a horse of a different color. If we didn't have internet.....well I don't wanna think about that..... Sadcryface

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
17-01-2014, 02:55 PM
(17-01-2014 02:40 PM)Chas Wrote:  Fox News Drinking Beverage

Amen

Atir aissom atir imon
17-01-2014, 03:55 PM
And then there's this

Slow TV................

I think I'd rather watch knitting or wood in a fire place than The Kardashains.

Shakespeare Insult 13 – Henry IV Part 1
“That trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?”
17-01-2014, 04:01 PM
You Americans have some of the best TV shows on the entire fucking globe!

The Sopranos, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, The Americans, The Wire, Homeland, The Walking Dead and others

Only the BBC has a chance at reaching your level with Doctor Who, Spooks and some other stuff, but mainly because the BBC makes such awsome documentaries.

You people sure dont know how to appriciate things....

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
17-01-2014, 04:05 PM
(17-01-2014 04:01 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  The Sopranos, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, The Americans, The Wire, Homeland, The Walking Dead and others

All available via interwebz! No cable required. The ability to not pay out the ass for an ungodly amount of shit you don't want/need is priceless.

I agree there are some kick ass shows out there, though.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
17-01-2014, 04:09 PM
If it were'nt for my wife being entertained, I would cancel all TV sevices and music would do me just fine. Nothing but repeats, infomercials, and "reality" BS. And for that I pay $45.00 a month.... no thanks Angry

Tho my wife will watch a test pattern, maybe theres hope yet. MAYBE Blush
17-01-2014, 04:25 PM
(17-01-2014 04:01 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  You Americans have some of the best TV shows on the entire fucking globe!

The Sopranos, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, The Americans, The Wire, Homeland, The Walking Dead and others

Only the BBC has a chance at reaching your level with Doctor Who, Spooks and some other stuff, but mainly because the BBC makes such awsome documentaries.

You people sure dont know how to appriciate things....

Funny- The favorite shows in our house are BBC….Dr Who, Downton Abbey, Sherlock.
I think many of the shows are your list are HBO and therefore extra $

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
17-01-2014, 04:44 PM
In the Netherlands they have the most awsome reality shows.

They have this program where people can get tips on how to improve their sexlife, the they are filmed while having sex and after sex they talk about the results and the entire stuff is broadcasted.

They also have this program where they take random people and let them try all kinds of drugs and watch how they react to them.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]