Alright Remember This.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-11-2016, 07:14 AM
Alright Remember This.
Monophyletic:

[Image: monophl.gif]

This shit pretty much means that when look at a branch in taxonomy, to be monophyletic you must include the ancestor of the group and all of its decedents.

This here is the reason I call anything with a fucking backbone a fish and be right.

Paraphyletic

[Image: 400px-Paraphyletic2.svg.png]

Pretty much like monphyletic only you take some liberties and remove some of the decedents. This is the reason even though I am right that all animals with a back bone are fish, we don't call 'em fish (that and like whale, fish isn't a taxonomic category)

The taxonomic grouping that is pretty much the "we thought this was this because they were similar in this way category":

You know that guy who fucking stupid enough to think elephants,rhinos, and hippos were all related to each other (i.e you when you were young)? Yeah that's polyphyletic. Birds and mammals are polyphyletic because they are warm-blooded.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
20-11-2016, 03:01 PM
RE: Alright Remember This.
[Image: herpetology.png]

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 6 users Like Paleophyte's post
20-11-2016, 05:37 PM
Didn’t we do this once before with eels and morays? Consider

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
20-11-2016, 05:39 PM
(20-11-2016 05:37 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Didn’t we do this once before with eels and morays? Consider

And no matter how it went you were still wrongWink

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
20-11-2016, 05:51 PM
[Image: 9780141027586.jpg]

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
20-11-2016, 05:59 PM
♫You must remember this,
A fish is just a fish, a clade is just a clade.
The fundamentalist things don't apply
As geologic time goes by.♫
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 7 users Like Gawdzilla's post
20-11-2016, 06:18 PM
(20-11-2016 05:59 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  ♫You must remember this,
A fish is just a fish, a clade is just a clade.
The fundamentalist things don't apply
As geologic time goes by.♫

Hehe my brain actually read that in-tune.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
20-11-2016, 06:33 PM
(20-11-2016 05:39 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(20-11-2016 05:37 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Didn’t we do this once before with eels and morays? Consider

And no matter how it went you were still wrongWink

Is that you Tommy Flanagan?

Smile

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
21-11-2016, 03:53 AM
(20-11-2016 06:33 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(20-11-2016 05:39 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  And no matter how it went you were still wrongWink

Is that you Tommy Flanagan?

Smile

You know I ain't that white.