Alright can I be honest here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-10-2014, 01:16 PM
RE: Alright can I be honest here
(27-10-2014 08:33 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Like really honest, and be easy because I know I am going to get yelled at for saying this but

I have thought about becoming a theist again[Image: phoenix-sheepisha.gif]

The beauty of being a freethinker is that you get to....think freely. You can think about becoming a theist again if you want to because your mind is your own. One piece of advice I gave a Christian friend recently who was questioning her beliefs is this: whatever you decide to believe, always question and always leave yourself room to learn and grow. Life is a journey. Smile

"Most people are other people.
Their thoughts are someone else's opinions,
their lives a mimicry,
their passions a quotation."
-Oscar Wilde
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-10-2014, 01:25 PM
I'm sorry, I can't get on board with this. ... Pascal's Wager and all that.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-10-2014, 01:29 PM
question?

Are you considering that there is a God ? Or are you planning on attending church for the community? Or both? Or something completely different?

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
28-10-2014, 01:48 PM
(28-10-2014 01:00 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I'm part of about three meetups. One is a contemplative hiking group, ...

Sounds good. Sit around looking at maps and equipment catalogs and think about hiking? Do you drink beer while contemplating hiking? Big Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
28-10-2014, 01:49 PM
(28-10-2014 01:16 PM)LadyWallFlower Wrote:  
(27-10-2014 08:33 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Like really honest, and be easy because I know I am going to get yelled at for saying this but

I have thought about becoming a theist again[Image: phoenix-sheepisha.gif]

The beauty of being a freethinker is that you get to....think freely. You can think about becoming a theist again if you want to because your mind is your own. One piece of advice I gave a Christian friend recently who was questioning her beliefs is this: whatever you decide to believe, always question and always leave yourself room to learn and grow. Life is a journey. Smile

This^
Like 100 times!!!

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
28-10-2014, 03:20 PM
(28-10-2014 01:48 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(28-10-2014 01:00 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I'm part of about three meetups. One is a contemplative hiking group, ...

Sounds good. Sit around looking at maps and equipment catalogs and think about hiking? Do you drink beer while contemplating hiking? Big Grin

Ha ha. Tee hee. No, actually we do take hikes but they are slow and kinda meandering. The goal isn't to get to the top of the hill as fast as possible but to enjoy the journey.....very slowly. We take our binoculars and cameras and take pictures of flowers and bugs and trees and whatever strikes our fancy. It's nice. The group stops for lunch afterwards and usually drink beer and wine.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
28-10-2014, 03:37 PM
(28-10-2014 03:20 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(28-10-2014 01:48 PM)Chas Wrote:  Sounds good. Sit around looking at maps and equipment catalogs and think about hiking? Do you drink beer while contemplating hiking? Big Grin

Ha ha. Tee hee. No, actually we do take hikes but they are slow and kinda meandering. The goal isn't to get to the top of the hill as fast as possible but to enjoy the journey.....very slowly. We take our binoculars and cameras and take pictures of flowers and bugs and trees and whatever strikes our fancy. It's nice. The group stops for lunch afterwards and usually drink beer and wine.

Yes.
Not all hikes need to qualify as sport.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
28-10-2014, 03:42 PM
(28-10-2014 12:39 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  For those asking, it is for a community, seeing as I need to find more friends.

You're a self starter, Zeke - start a science club. You'll find geeks galore out there if you put up a flyer with a proposal to meet at a nearby coffee shop or mall food court. Thumbsup

If you aren't certain about how to go about starting one, talk to a science teacher about possibly sponsoring a science club and it can take place as an official after school thing. If you have that kind of support, they can help you take field trips and stuff.

I suppose it doesn't have to be a science club - it could be an anime club and a comic book store owner might let you meet there.

The thing is, if you want to socialize then, it's up to you to just put your self out there. If you have to hide a big part of yourself just to fit in... you'll be far more lonely than if you never had a friend in the world. Don't compromise your self - especially when you are on the verge of discovering who that might be.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 4 users Like kim's post
28-10-2014, 04:14 PM
(28-10-2014 03:42 PM)kim Wrote:  The thing is, if you want to socialize then, it's up to you to just put your self out there. If you have to hide a big part of yourself just to fit in... you'll be far more lonely than if you never had a friend in the world. Don't compromise your self - especially when you are on the verge of discovering who that might be.

She dun tole you kid.

You could always go to their lil' ridiculous gatherin' as the token atheist. I did that for a while after I got over the religion part. Just don't cause shit with 'em and all they hot ladies will devote their attention to converting you Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
28-10-2014, 04:35 PM
If meeting people and a sense of community are the biggest reasons I say 'go for it'. Just because that's where you start doesn't mean that's where you have to stay. Everyone you meet has the potential to introduce you to other people so your circle of acquaintances will grow.

Good luck and Godspeed and all that.

Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post