Alright can I be honest here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-10-2014, 01:28 PM
RE: Alright can I be honest here
This is great because you are considering alternatives to deceiving yourself. I agree with you that people shouldn't joke around in this thread, you're clearly serious about this and having a tough time. I'm not entirely sure how you can start your own biology group, but you can start with local colleges and libraries. First, colleges have biology courses, and those people might already have connections to such groups. This also reminds me of something else you could do to feel like you are part of a community. College is a great way to meet people of like minds. And, if cost is a problem you can just take the course without a grade (audit).

Also, libraries have plenty of groups that use their facilities to meet, such as chess clubs, AA, etc. a simple inquiry there could get you your answers.

Don't live a lie, it's likely the reason you became an atheist in the first place, because you were living a lie.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
29-10-2014, 01:50 PM
(29-10-2014 01:28 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  This is great because you are considering alternatives to deceiving yourself. I agree with you that people shouldn't joke around in this thread, you're clearly serious about this and having a tough time. I'm not entirely sure how you can start your own biology group, but you can start with local colleges and libraries. First, colleges have biology courses, and those people might already have connections to such groups. This also reminds me of something else you could do to feel like you are part of a community. College is a great way to meet people of like minds. And, if cost is a problem you can just take the course without a grade (audit).

Also, libraries have plenty of groups that use their facilities to meet, such as chess clubs, AA, etc. a simple inquiry there could get you your answers.

Don't live a lie, it's likely the reason you became an atheist in the first place, because you were living a lie.

Still in high school, but to give you credit I am a senior in high school. I am planning on starting in a community college and hopefully go full time college in japan(yes I am learning japanese). If I can't start one in community college I know I can start one in japan(they tend to like science more there than in the states). Unfortunately for me biology is not something really looked into here, seeing as I am not in AP bio and know as much or more than most of the people in it. In short most people are into bio only for a grade and not so much interest.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
29-10-2014, 01:54 PM
Oh man, you have a whole lifetime of community coming your way in college! Just hang on and you will find nothing but friends and community. You won't be lonely for long, especially in Japan.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
[+] 2 users Like WillHopp's post
29-10-2014, 01:56 PM
(29-10-2014 01:54 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Oh man, you have a whole lifetime of community coming your way in college! Just hang on and you will find nothing but friends and community. You won't be lonely for long, especially in Japan.

Can't wait

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
29-10-2014, 01:58 PM
(29-10-2014 01:54 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Oh man, you have a whole lifetime of community coming your way in college! Just hang on and you will find nothing but friends and community. You won't be lonely for long, especially in Japan.

Can't wait, especially for japan.

29-10-2014, 02:08 PM
Of course, this is the best time of your life. I'm never comfortable giving advice to young people when it's of this nature. But in your case I think you're old enough. You're going through a perfectly natural stage right now. It's part of the process, just like going to college will be part of the process of adulthood. It's a phase, if you will, but don't take a step back, you will regret it. Good luck.

----
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
29-10-2014, 02:25 PM
(29-10-2014 01:58 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  

Can't wait, especially for japan.

I don't know that I've specifically asked you before; why do you want to go there?

(also: where there?)

... this is my signature!
29-10-2014, 03:33 PM
(29-10-2014 02:25 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(29-10-2014 01:58 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Can't wait, especially for japan.

I don't know that I've specifically asked you before; why do you want to go there?

Well seeing as it is the second highest scientific place in the world(U.S ranked first, it can by scientist [or in this case could]) with actual scientific interest not including blowing up middle eastern people and it has a lower crime rate. and where I don't know I hope I can go some where nice but not as expensive as tokyo.

29-10-2014, 03:57 PM
(29-10-2014 03:33 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(29-10-2014 02:25 PM)cjlr Wrote:  I don't know that I've specifically asked you before; why do you want to go there?

Well seeing as it is the second highest scientific place in the world(U.S ranked first, it can by scientist [or in this case could]) with actual scientific interest not including blowing up middle eastern people and it has a lower crime rate. and where I don't know I hope I can go some where nice but not as expensive as tokyo.

Japan is expensive in general. Drinking Beverage

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
29-10-2014, 04:07 PM
(29-10-2014 03:57 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  
(29-10-2014 03:33 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Well seeing as it is the second highest scientific place in the world(U.S ranked first, it can by scientist [or in this case could]) with actual scientific interest not including blowing up middle eastern people and it has a lower crime rate. and where I don't know I hope I can go some where nice but not as expensive as tokyo.

Japan is expensive in general. Drinking Beverage

Well seeing as they pay people more there and the food is less expensive, even the housing is less, tokyo is a large city, the capital no less so being out side of a big city will not be super expensive.