Alright can I be honest here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-11-2014, 07:22 AM
RE: Alright can I be honest here
(29-10-2014 12:20 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  C. I don't feel this is something to joke about.

I understand that this is a very serious issue and is very important to you but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try to see some humor in it. Sometimes that can help you cope by letting you view it from another angle. You can joke about something without taking away from the weight of the matter.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2014, 08:23 AM
Join the military, get stationed in South Korea for free. Go to school while there so you can readily move to Japan when your duty is up.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
02-11-2014, 09:36 AM
(02-11-2014 08:23 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Join the military, get stationed in South Korea for free. Go to school while there so you can readily move to Japan when your duty is up.

I will never join any military ever

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
02-11-2014, 09:36 AM
(02-11-2014 08:23 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Join the military, get stationed in South Korea for free. Go to school while there so you can readily move to Japan when your duty is up.

He wouldn't be able to choose his deployment...

Prior knowledge of local languages would help to get assigned wherever, but then, he's learning Japanese, not Korean!

... this is my signature!
02-11-2014, 09:40 AM
(02-11-2014 09:36 AM)cjlr Wrote:  

He wouldn't be able to choose his deployment...

Prior knowledge of local languages would help to get assigned wherever, but then, he's learning Japanese, not Korean!

^ This, and besides Korea has creationist, which I am also avoiding

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
02-11-2014, 09:45 AM
Mr Zeke,

Have you considered starting a meetup.com group?

Several years ago I deconverted and it was pretty rough on me. During that time, I had lost a lot of friends when they found out, and my family had a hard time accepting it. I didn't really know any atheists locally at that time. The feeling of being alone is very real and difficult to deal with. The pressure to go back to church simply for the sense of community is also very very tempting at many times.

At one point, I decided to start posting on craigslist, looking for a philosophy group figuring "maybe I could find a group there" but realized that probably wasn't the best place to find people. Eventually, I read about meetup.com. Low and behold, when I went on there, there was a local atheist meetup group. Over 100 people had signed up at that time, and one of the guys who ran it said there was 10-20 ACTIVE members that went to meets on a REGULAR basis. I went there and for the first time in a very long time, I felt right at home, with people I could talk to, vent, discuss, bounce things off of.

I look back and am glad I did it, and did not end up going to church because I just can't believe that crap and I just can't reconcile that stuff in my life anymore. On top of that, trying to fit into a community that I am so vehemently opposed to, and have conflicting ideas, I feel it would make it nearly impossible for me to go to church just for community. However, I can understand the feeling of being lonely.

Maybe check and see if there is a group, if there isn't one, consider making one. There are other people out there that think like you, hold similar ideas, similar views and it is very likely they feel the same way you do about not having people to talk to. But if there isn't a group, find one, or make one (someone has to take that first step).

Regardless of the path you take, you'll always be welcome here and everyone is always happy to chat with you and talk to you and have a good conversation with you.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post