Alt right protests

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-08-2017, 06:16 AM (This post was last modified: 13-08-2017 06:20 AM by Szuchow.)
RE: Alt right protests
(13-08-2017 02:24 AM)epronovost Wrote:  These people are trying to kill democracy by poisonning it while hiding under its principles to avoid retaliation. I find that disgusting and threatening.
Perhaps this is time to remember that there is no freedom for enemies of freedom?

Edit: However one has to wonder how much democracy left to poison. Using example of Poland I would say that it is mostly vestiges remaining with population not caring to vote and gov not shying from authoritarian measures.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Szuchow's post
13-08-2017, 06:58 AM
I hate the Illinois Nazis. -- Elwood Blues

While it's hard to argue with Elwood - one must remember - the price of living in a free country is the willingness to protect the rights of people who you can' t stand.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 4 users Like onlinebiker's post
13-08-2017, 07:32 AM
I just wish we could see each other as people...

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 2 users Like Loom's post
13-08-2017, 07:39 AM
(13-08-2017 07:32 AM)Loom Wrote:  I just wish we could see each other as people...
Dehumanization is only part of problem. I don't see right wingers as subhumans, trash or (other) animals, I just strongly disagree with some/majority of their views. It may be same with them as they don't necesarilly see left as trash but still disagree vehemently with what left wing peopose.

I can't even say that ability to reach compromise would be useful as there can not be compromise with people wanting to deny others their freedon (abortion, same sex marriage, drugs) or dignity (euthanasia). I won't even start with economic issues.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 4 users Like Szuchow's post
13-08-2017, 07:47 AM
(13-08-2017 07:39 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  I can't even say that ability to reach compromise would be useful as there can not be compromise with people wanting to deny others their freedon (abortion, same sex marriage, drugs) or dignity (euthanasia). I won't even start with economic issues.

You can't compromise with liars.
[+] 3 users Like Thoreauvian's post
13-08-2017, 07:48 AM
(13-08-2017 06:58 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I hate the Illinois Nazis. -- Elwood Blues

While it's hard to argue with Elwood - one must remember - the price of living in a free country is the willingness to protect the rights of people who you can' t stand.

Is intolerance of intolerance itself intolerance? If so, then activist atheists in general have a big problem.
[+] 2 users Like Thoreauvian's post
13-08-2017, 07:56 AM
It's the hatred I cannot stand.

Hatred scares the shit outta me.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
13-08-2017, 07:57 AM
(13-08-2017 07:48 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(13-08-2017 06:58 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I hate the Illinois Nazis. -- Elwood Blues

Is intolerance of intolerance itself intolerance? If so, then activist atheists in general have a big problem.

Intolerance of intolerance is only prudence. Letting group of punks run amok is what doomed Weimar Germany and post February revolution Russia*. Litlle les tolerance for Nazis and Bolsheviks would be good.

*Well, among other things.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 7 users Like Szuchow's post
13-08-2017, 08:39 AM
(13-08-2017 07:57 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(13-08-2017 07:48 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  Is intolerance of intolerance itself intolerance? If so, then activist atheists in general have a big problem.

Intolerance of intolerance is only prudence. Letting group of punks run amok is what doomed Weimar Germany and post February revolution Russia*. Litlle les tolerance for Nazis and Bolsheviks would be good.

In my opinion, freedom is like skepticism. You must have and keep an open mind, but not to the point where your brain falls out.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 3 users Like epronovost's post
13-08-2017, 08:44 AM
(13-08-2017 08:39 AM)epronovost Wrote:  
(13-08-2017 07:57 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Intolerance of intolerance is only prudence. Letting group of punks run amok is what doomed Weimar Germany and post February revolution Russia*. Litlle les tolerance for Nazis and Bolsheviks would be good.

In my opinion, freedom is like skepticism. You must have and keep an open mind, but not to the point where your brain falls out.
Agreed. Seting the limit is problematic though and I have no iota of trust in authorities not tryng to silence what they don't want to hear. In fact I think it was one of the reasons for so called anti terrorist bill passed in Poland about year ago.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post