Alt right protests

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-08-2017, 11:16 AM
RE: Alt right protests
(12-08-2017 11:12 AM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  Am I the only one who saw that? I saw that picture and at first glance I thought you'd accidentally posted a picture of a KKK rally.

Pretty sure the KKK didn't use Tiki torches from Home Depot. Buncha pansies. And the KKK was at least worried enough to hide their faces. These people don't seem to give a shit that they are now on a watch list somewhere.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2017, 11:17 AM
[Image: DHCpE5gXcAAOrxT.jpg]

3 or more people, huh? Well there you go. How could this have possibly ended any other way?

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
12-08-2017, 11:17 AM
A very predictable outcome when you think about it. Very few protests of fringe Far-Right groups have been authorised and conducted in a peacefull manner. When they do, it smells very bad for the general population civil rights. Most of these protests immediatly generate a counterprotest that's much larger and invite a large amount of more or less Left wing groups with a core of fringe Far-Left groups. The anarchists and the communists, who will be the most motivated to join those counterprotests, will usually start picking fights with the neo-nazis and the whole thing will have to be cancelled by the police force which cannot abide that streets transform themselves in one big giant brawl scene.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
12-08-2017, 11:33 AM
The fringe left and the fringe right both have had their civil rights violated. Quite a few of those right wingers are carrying rifles. A man with a rifle isn't very intimidating if he proves himself too cowardly to pull the trigger. They showed up like they were ready for battle but wilted in the heat when the going got hot. Maybe it ain't over...
[+] 1 user Likes I'mFred's post
12-08-2017, 11:50 AM

More Min Gee Ziss
[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 2 users Like TSG's post
12-08-2017, 12:20 PM
So my understanding is that the white supremists are protesting the removal of a Robert E Lee statue. Hummmm. I sort of have mixed feelings about removing the statues completely. I think perhaps it should be relocated to a place, maybe a museum about the Civil War and slavery. I think if we completely remove all reminders of slavery it does a disservice to future generations.

Slavery was a huge ugly stain on this country and much of the 19th century economy was built on the backs by slavery in the South. The North benifited from selling farming goods to the South and the South inturn sold cotton to the Northern textile mills to weave into fabric.

Anyway, it's a tough situation. The white supremists are total assholes though.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
12-08-2017, 12:34 PM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2017 12:44 PM by Shai Hulud.)
Reminiscent of terrorist attacks in Britain and France, it appears a car has plowed into counter-protesters of Unite the Right's Nazi-palooza:
https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/89643...36672?s=07

Edit:
Another video (warning btw, actually shows the car being used against the counter-protesters by these "Alt Right" terrorists):
https://twitter.com/brennanmgilmore/stat...12737?s=07

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-08-2017, 12:36 PM
(12-08-2017 12:20 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  So my understanding is that the white supremists are protesting the removal of a Robert E Lee statue. Hummmm. I sort of have mixed feelings about removing the statues completely. I think perhaps it should be relocated to a place, maybe a museum about the Civil War and slavery. I think if we completely remove all reminders of slavery it does a disservice to future generations.

Slavery was a huge ugly stain on this country and much of the 19th century economy was built on the backs by slavery in the South. The North benifited from selling farming goods to the South and the South inturn sold cotton to the Northern textile mills to weave into fabric.

Anyway, it's a tough situation. The white supremists are total assholes though.

Some of those statue will indeed end up in museum dedicated to the Civil War or similar buildings. Of course some of them will be destroyed since there are too many of them.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
12-08-2017, 12:37 PM
My cousin and her wife live in Charlottesville...I am glad they are out of state for a class reunion this weekend. Confused

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
12-08-2017, 12:41 PM
Ughhhhh, I fucking knew it. This particular event couldn't just fizzle out without some dumbasses trying to exact "revenge" on their "enemies" Facepalm

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?