Alt right protests

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-08-2017, 11:02 AM
RE: Alt right protests
(15-08-2017 10:48 AM)Dom Wrote:  We ended up on this line of thought because of the armed thugs in Charlottesville, and the similarly armed Nazi thugs in pre-Hitler Germany.

Or, at least I drew that parallel.

History doesn't repeat itself, but human nature always stays the same. In times of crisis they're looking for strong men (almost always men) and radical solutions. That's a paralell to the situation of the 30ies. As you can see in the election charts I posted on the previous page. The radical parties were fringe as long as things were going well, but once 1929 happened, people radicalized themselves.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like abaris's post
15-08-2017, 11:03 AM
I just realized that there was a small side discussion developing about the street fighting back in Weimar and its circumstances. This was going OT with respect to the original thread title and i suspect i contributed to this going OT. I apologize. Blush

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
15-08-2017, 11:10 AM
(15-08-2017 11:03 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  I just realized that there was a small side discussion developing about the street fighting back in Weimar and its circumstances. This was going OT with respect to the original thread title and i suspect i contributed to this going OT. I apologize. Blush

It isn't OT. There's no denying that we're still living with the fallout of 2008 and it's consequences. And we observe the exact same scenario of people radicalizing themselves, looking for scapegoats and seemingly easy solutions. Populous parties and leaders are elected all over Europe and even in the USA and a climate of violence is created that drives a gap right through the middle of society.

15-08-2017, 11:14 AM
(15-08-2017 10:48 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(15-08-2017 10:38 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Not sure how that battle between the Nazis and Russia back then has anything to do with western society today other than there being a far right movement in parts of Europe and America.

But if you are implying that there is a far left on par with say someone like Che in the democratic party or that they even constitute a majority, would be absurd.

Feel free to correct me if you think I am wrong. But if this is some argument that both parties are the same today, that is simply absurd and false.

What we are seeing today is a rise of the far right but that was 36 years in the making started by the GOP and Reagan's attaching himself to the religious right and the 1%.

We ended up on this line of thought because of the armed thugs in Charlottesville, and the similarly armed Nazi thugs in pre-Hitler Germany.

Or, at least I drew that parallel.

The the political scapegoating used by 45 repeatedly on multiple groups, media and intel most certainly mimics WW2 Germany.

I agree with that. But in response to that those same sickos and even some in the middle who don't want to face the sicos in their ranks try to point to the other side and paint them as equal and they are not equal.

Accuse the other side of what you started. That was also a propaganda tactic of the Nazis.

And even for the non bigoted voters in the GOP party, they better face up to this and soon, because it will only get worse if they don't detach themselves from those factions.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
15-08-2017, 02:47 PM
Wow, did anyone just see Trump's press conference on infrastructure?

He took it all back and reverted to his first speech about Charlottesville. He doesn't believe the alt right and Nazis etc. are responsible.

Meanwhile executives of Merck and Intel and Walmart and others are walking away from their consulting positions in the white house...

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 5 users Like Dom's post
15-08-2017, 02:56 PM
Any time I think I can't be more dumbfounded and disgusted, he has to go do something like hold a press conference defending Nazis.

Need to think of a witty signature.
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
15-08-2017, 02:58 PM
(15-08-2017 02:47 PM)Dom Wrote:  Wow, did anyone just see Trump's press conference on infrastructure?

He took it all back and reverted to his first speech about Charlottesville. He doesn't believe the alt right and Nazis etc. are responsible.

Meanwhile executives of Merck and Intel and Walmart and others are walking away from their consulting positions in the white house...

And compared Washington and Jefferson to Lee and Stonewall Jackson.
15-08-2017, 03:01 PM
(15-08-2017 02:58 PM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  And compared Washington and Jefferson to Lee and Stonewall Jackson.

Catering to his core aufience, probably adviced by Bannon.

[+] 1 user Likes abaris's post
15-08-2017, 03:06 PM
Also while Trump continues to address his "Alt Right" base, the Daily Stormer which has lavished praise upon him, has announced they're sending Neo Nazis to harass the funeral of Heather Heyer (the victim of the domestic terrorist attack).

Need to think of a witty signature.
15-08-2017, 03:09 PM
(15-08-2017 03:06 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Also while Trump continues to address his "Alt Right" base, the Daily Stormer which has lavished praise upon him, has announced they're sending Neo Nazis to harass the funeral of Heather Heyer (the victim of the domestic terrorist attack).

If they find a new host. They have been kicked off by their previous host and from google.

Nice title, by the way. More than a little reminder of Streicher's "Der Stürmer".

[+] 3 users Like abaris's post