Alt right protests

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-08-2017, 04:23 PM (This post was last modified: 15-08-2017 04:28 PM by Shai Hulud.)
RE: Alt right protests
(15-08-2017 03:35 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(15-08-2017 03:25 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  White isn't a heritage.

It wasn't about skin color. Heritage. The civil war memorials that the city wants to remove. They were there to protest the removal.

If you can't watch that Press Conference and see him defending Neo Nazis, I can't show it to you because you don't want to see it. Tell me how those people were fighting to protest the removal of a monument when they did a torchlit march the night before around a black church? Tell me how it's "heritage" to go around chanting "blood and soil"? Tell me how it's "heritage" to surround and beat an African American man for being at the wrong place at the wrong time? Tell me how it's not defending Nazis, when you even quoted my link to Daily Stormer on how they intend to harass a woman killed by a white supremacist's funeral, when just the other day they praised President Trump for his support of their cause? LDH I honestly don't know how to tell you not to support people who want a race war and encouraged other to show up armed to the teeth.

Also Robert E. Lee is the first person who would want statues like that taken down...however, if you're buying the "heritage not hate" line. that the "Alt Right" is using. I grew up in a town where there's a statue of General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson, and there still is. I've been to over a dozen battlefields of the Civil War. I've heard people call it, without doing so ironically, "the War of Northern Aggression". And do you know what that has taught me about men like General Lee? That he would be ashamed to be used this way to further divide this nation and as a cover for groups which hurt civilians. Lee spoke out against creating Confederate memorials after becoming President of what is now Washington and Lee College soon after the end of the Civil War. When asked to return to Gettysburg to help erect monuments to the Confederate troops who served there, he said, "I think it wiser moreover not to keep open the sores of war, but to follow the examples of those nations who endeavoured to obliterate the marks of civil strife and to commit to oblivion the feelings it engendered." At his funeral in 1870, his family would not allow the Stars and Bars to be flown, because they thought he would feel it to be "treasonous" in the words of his daughter. So no, Lee would not support these people, and he would want the monument gone as well.

The people who gathered in Charlottesville are not pro-America, no matter their rhetoric. They seek to intimidate people by marching with torches and carrying firearms while dressed in tactical gear. They chant slogans associated with fascism, an ideology with which a democratic republic cannot co-exist. They try to claim they are acting on behalf of their "people", while ignoring a lesson that this nation was perhaps best taught on the roads of the tiny town of Appomattox Courthouse in Virginia.

In the parlor of Wilmer McLean (whose house was shelled during the first battle of the Civil War, so he moved), General Robert E. Lee and General Ulysses S. Grant met and signed the surrender of the Army of Northern Virginia. Generous terms were given. As the defeated soldiers of the Confederacy's once proudest fighting force shuffled past their victorious Union counterparts on a dusty road, a loud amount of cheers arose from the Union soldiers, only to be silenced by their own General, Grant, as he had his commanders order their men into silence with the words, "The war is over. The rebels are our countrymen again." And this is the truth that these people refuse to embrace. We are one nation. There is no "war" against the "white race". To try and stir the pot in the way that they are is nothing less than to disrespect the 600,000 dead from both sides of the Civil War, and all the veterans who fought in it.

Anyhow, putting you on Ignore, because I can't keep wasting my life hunting down links you're going to not pay attention to the content of (congrats, I've put only 3 other people on Ignore in almost two decades of being online). Nor do I really desire to have a dirty cop in my online life, who has admitted to not reporting the crimes of others and therefore being a disgrace to his uniform and to his country.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 12 users Like Shai Hulud's post
15-08-2017, 04:25 PM
No Russian news for 3 days now. I guess since the Manafort emails got leaked (where some Russians were told Trump will NEVER meet with them) the media is onto this new "all Trump supporters are white nationalists" bullshit. Nancy Pelosi is labeling all pro Trump groups applying for permits in California as "white nationalist racist groups" and attempting to have their permits denied or revoked.

So that's the new game plan huh? Trump and his voters are all racist?

I love it. This is a great plan and the democrats should follow the media and Pelosi's lead and push this idea that the 63 million that voted for Trump are racists. Non stop 24/7. Please please please do this.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
Find all posts by this user
15-08-2017, 04:27 PM
(15-08-2017 04:23 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Tell me how it's "heritage" to go around chanting "blood and soil"? Tell me how it's "heritage" to surround and beat an African American man for being at the wrong place at the wrong time?

Oh, it's definitely heritage all right. Just not the heritage LDH wants to admit to.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
15-08-2017, 04:28 PM
(15-08-2017 03:35 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(15-08-2017 03:25 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  White isn't a heritage.

It wasn't about skin color. Heritage. The civil war memorials that the city wants to remove. They were there to protest the removal.

They should be removed. I think they should be relocated to historical museums and that history taught.

The whole civil war was about the states right to own other humans as property that alone places them on the wrong side of history. The statues of Robert E Lee have no place anymore in our culture and are really offensive to a whole swath of the population. There are people who truly still believe blacks are inferior and hold on to those ideals under the guise of preserving history.

Which is total bullshit.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 5 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
15-08-2017, 04:31 PM
All giants have feet of clay.

If you want these statues to reflect "heritage", then put them in a museum, next to statues of their wartime antagonists, with information explaining what happened. That way we can both be true to our history and still not induce an in-group/out-group mentality. I'm white, but were I black, a statue honoring a man who fought to keep my sort of people enslaved would not draw me into that society; it would push me away.

Having these statues in a city park was a way of reminding blacks even after their emancipation that the townfolk regarded their chatteldom as something worth a bloody war. I'm pretty sure this was intentional.

In a civil society, regarding the perspectives of all its citizens is an important part of knitting that society together. Revanchism really has no role other than keeping the wound open and suppurating.
[+] 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
15-08-2017, 04:32 PM
(15-08-2017 04:27 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(15-08-2017 04:23 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Tell me how it's "heritage" to go around chanting "blood and soil"? Tell me how it's "heritage" to surround and beat an African American man for being at the wrong place at the wrong time?

Oh, it's definitely heritage all right. Just not the heritage LDH wants to admit to.

This fool refuses to acknowledge there were 4 groups of protesters. The regular non violent southerner that weren't carrying tiki torches and just wanted to protest the removal of the civil war memorials, the non violent counter protesters, the violent counter protesters and the white nationalist fuck heads. Trump condemned 2 of the 4 groups, the violent loons on the left, and the white nationalist fuck heads and people are losing their minds.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
15-08-2017, 04:33 PM (This post was last modified: 15-08-2017 04:40 PM by Vera.)
(15-08-2017 04:23 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  DH I honestly don't know how to tell you not to support people who want a race war and encouraged other to show up armed to the teeth.

You can't. It's in his vile blood and skin. This is what he wants, too, apparently. He is defending them because he is no different. And anyone pretending that LDH is some sort of brave lone voice is about as morally bankrupt a human being as he is.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
15-08-2017, 04:35 PM
(15-08-2017 04:23 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(15-08-2017 03:35 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  It wasn't about skin color. Heritage. The civil war memorials that the city wants to remove. They were there to protest the removal.

If you can't watch that Press Conference and see him defending Neo Nazis, I can't show it to you because you don't want to see it. Tell me how those people were fighting to protest the removal of a monument when they did a torchlit march the night before around a black church? Tell me how it's "heritage" to go around chanting "blood and soil"? Tell me how it's "heritage" to surround and beat an African American man for being at the wrong place at the wrong time? Tell me how it's not defending Nazis, when you even quoted my link to Daily Stormer on how they intend to harass a woman killed by a white supremacist's funeral, when just the other day they praised President Trump for his support of their cause? LDH I honestly don't know how to tell you not to support people who want a race war and encouraged other to show up armed to the teeth.

Also Robert E. Lee is the first person who would want statues like that taken down...however, if you're buying the "heritage not hate" line. that the "Alt Right" is using. I grew up in a town where there's a statue of General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson, and there still is. I've been to over a dozen battlefields of the Civil War. I've heard people call it, without doing so ironically, "the War of Northern Aggression". And do you know what that has taught me about men like General Lee? That he would be ashamed to be used this way to further divide this nation and as a cover for groups which hurt civilians. Lee spoke out against creating Confederate memorials after becoming President of what is now Washington and Lee College soon after the end of the Civil War. When asked to return to Gettysburg to help erect monuments to the Confederate troops who served there, he said, "I think it wiser moreover not to keep open the sores of war, but to follow the examples of those nations who endeavoured to obliterate the marks of civil strife and to commit to oblivion the feelings it engendered." At his funeral in 1870, his family would not allow the Stars and Bars to be flown, because they thought he would feel it to be "treasonous" in the words of his daughter. So no, Lee would not support these people, and he would want the monument gone as well.

The people who gathered in Charlottesville are not pro-America, no matter their rhetoric. They seek to intimidate people by marching with torches and carrying firearms while dressed in tactical gear. They chant slogans associated with fascism, an ideology with which a democratic republic cannot co-exist. They try to claim they are acting on behalf of their "people", while ignoring a lesson that this nation was perhaps best taught on the roads of the tiny town of Appomattox Courthouse in Virginia.

In the parlor of Wilmer McLean (whose house was shelled during the first battle of the Civil War, so he moved), General Robert E. Lee and General Ulysses S. Grant met and signed the surrender of the Army of Northern Virginia. Generous terms were given. As the defeated soldiers of the Confederacy's once proudest fighting force shuffled past their victorious Union counterparts on a dusty road, a loud amount of cheers arose from the Union soldiers, only to be silenced by their own General, Grant, as he had his commanders order their men into silence with the words, "The war is over. The rebels are our countrymen again." And this is the truth that these people refuse to embrace. We are one nation. There is no "war" against the "white race". To try and stir the pot in the way that they are is nothing less than to disrespect the 600,000 dead from both sides of the Civil War, and all the veterans who fought in it.

Anyhow, putting you on Ignore, because I can't keep wasting my life hunting down links you're going to not pay attention to the content of (congrats, I've put only 3 other people on Ignore in almost two decades of being online). Nor do I really desire to have a dirty cop in my online life, who has admitted to not reporting the crimes of others and therefore being a disgrace to his uniform and to his country.

This post truly moved me with its eloquence.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
15-08-2017, 04:38 PM
(15-08-2017 04:25 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  No Russian news for 3 days now. I guess since the Manafort emails got leaked (where some Russians were told Trump will NEVER meet with them) the media is onto this new "all Trump supporters are white nationalists" bullshit. Nancy Pelosi is labeling all pro Trump groups applying for permits in California as "white nationalist racist groups" and attempting to have their permits denied or revoked.

So that's the new game plan huh? Trump and his voters are all racist?

I love it. This is a great plan and the democrats should follow the media and Pelosi's lead and push this idea that the 63 million that voted for Trump are racists. Non stop 24/7. Please please please do this.

Facepalm
No

Even you however admitted earlier in this thread that the alt right was usurped by racists and those are the ones I'm talking about.

The people voted for trump for a number of reasons, many did just because they seemed to have hated Clinton more (for right or wrong reasons). I'm sure many are just shaking their heads and wondering how they did that. In the end I don't care.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
15-08-2017, 04:49 PM

I know these people are mad and shit, but... it's an inanmate fucking object.

Your friggin tax dollars is going to be spent fixing that statue. Way to beat the system and honor the dead! By smashing... a piece of... metal. ...yay?

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 2 users Like ELK12695's post