Alt right protests

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-08-2017, 10:38 PM
RE: Alt right protests
(15-08-2017 04:53 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(15-08-2017 04:27 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Oh, it's definitely heritage all right. Just not the heritage LDH wants to admit to.

Quite right...

America's history isn't pretty.

It's vile.

But, it is history.

Tearing down statues just allows revisionists the luxury of ignoring that vile history and present a version that's more to their liking...

No. This statue was in front of a courthouse, constructed in the 20s and not in a museum. If it were in a museum I wouldn't be fussed about it in the least -- I would say it belonged there.

These statues serve a purpose to glorify those who fought to preserve the idea that people should be able to own other humans.

This is about a history of oppression and violence against a race of people that were brought to this country against their will and sold like animals. If anything the whitewash and revision began after they lost the war and started putting up those monuments to their grand confederacy ideals in the first place. We're also talking about a time of deep racial segregation. Black people were routinely denied to participate in the election process, could be arrested for any reason, and a white jury would find them guilty at a drop of a hat. Thats if the Klan didn't decide to administer their own justice first in the form of lynching.

These monuments have no place anymore in public spaces, just like the confederate flag shouldn't be flown on state buildings. They shouldn't have been allowed to begin with!

Really Biker, where are all the public monuments to the Gestapo throughout Europe;, where are the monuments to Hitler in Germany? What you mean there aren't any? How on earth do they remember their history then????????? Bunch of revisionists! They put that shit in a museum where they explain the context along with all the bad shit included. Robert E Lee was a brilliant general -- no question but this hero worship needs to end, especially under the guise of history or heritage.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 10 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
15-08-2017, 10:49 PM
If that's the fear then make statues of this... statues of people tearing down confederate statues and neo nazi and people just upset European history is being taken away supposedly being protesting about it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
15-08-2017, 11:21 PM
(15-08-2017 10:38 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(15-08-2017 04:53 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Quite right...

America's history isn't pretty.

It's vile.

But, it is history.

Tearing down statues just allows revisionists the luxury of ignoring that vile history and present a version that's more to their liking...

No. This statue was in front of a courthouse, constructed in the 20s and not in a museum. If it were in a museum I wouldn't be fussed about it in the least -- I would say it belonged there.

These statues serve a purpose to glorify those who fought to preserve the idea that people should be able to own other humans.

This is about a history of oppression and violence against a race of people that were brought to this country against their will and sold like animals. If anything the whitewash and revision began after they lost the war and started putting up those monuments to their grand confederacy ideals in the first place. We're also talking about a time of deep racial segregation. Black people were routinely denied to participate in the election process, could be arrested for any reason, and a white jury would find them guilty at a drop of a hat. Thats if the Klan didn't decide to administer their own justice first in the form of lynching.

These monuments have no place anymore in public spaces, just like the confederate flag shouldn't be flown on state buildings. They shouldn't have been allowed to begin with!

Really Biker, where are all the public monuments to the Gestapo throughout Europe;, where are the monuments to Hitler in Germany? What you mean there aren't any? How on earth do they remember their history then????????? Bunch of revisionists! They put that shit in a museum where they explain the context along with all the bad shit included. Robert E Lee was a brilliant general -- no question but this hero worship needs to end, especially under the guise of history or heritage.

I just don't know if that will work. As ELK12695 wrote back on page 31 "And poking the angry christian redneck rattlesnake with 5 AR-15's and 600 rounds of lead waiting for the apocalypse with a stick, might not be your wisest course of action."

How long until the southerners say "Fuck it. Let's fight the civil war again. This time we're more heavily armed and the guys from our team make up most of the U.S. Military." Don't think it will happen? The way we've become so partisan? It's getting closer every day.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
15-08-2017, 11:34 PM
(15-08-2017 11:21 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(15-08-2017 10:38 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  No. This statue was in front of a courthouse, constructed in the 20s and not in a museum. If it were in a museum I wouldn't be fussed about it in the least -- I would say it belonged there.

I just don't know if that will work. As ELK12695 wrote back on page 31 "And poking the angry christian redneck rattlesnake with 5 AR-15's and 600 rounds of lead waiting for the apocalypse with a stick, might not be your wisest course of action."

How long until the southerners say "Fuck it. Let's fight the civil war again. This time we're more heavily armed and the guys from our team make up most of the U.S. Military." Don't think it will happen? The way we've become so partisan? It's getting closer every day.
For what fucking puropse? What's to allegedly gain by these people? It's not like the so called most of the army has some financial livelihood and united regional divide based on the divide.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
15-08-2017, 11:57 PM
(15-08-2017 11:21 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(15-08-2017 10:38 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  No. This statue was in front of a courthouse, constructed in the 20s and not in a museum. If it were in a museum I wouldn't be fussed about it in the least -- I would say it belonged there.

So now you spineless dickhead, are arguing that people should not do the right thing out of *fear* - i.e. submit to bullying. You're disgusting.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
16-08-2017, 12:09 AM
This is a great read. And it covers what I've been saying the last few days. The media ignores left wing violence (they might report it for views, but they don't CONDEMN it). They label violent riots "protests." This is what Trump is trying to say. The white nationalists are fuck heads, but so are Antifa and BLM. Sean Hannity has been using the term "alt-left" to describe these leftists that are so insane with anger that Hillary lost that they use violence at his inauguration, riot, destroy property etc. Members of the mainstream media are a part of this "alt-left" as they distort the news so that every story is about Trump in some way. It's Trump news all day long 24/7, all with a negative slant. White guilt bleeding heart celebrities also get involved with their crocodile tears.

Yes, the alt-left is real. And they are to blame for what happened in Charlottesville just as much as the racist Fuck heads are. Trump is 100% right.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/08/15/us...emark.html

16-08-2017, 12:10 AM
(15-08-2017 11:21 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  How long until the southerners say "Fuck it. Let's fight the civil war again. This time we're more heavily armed and the guys from our team make up most of the U.S. Military." Don't think it will happen? The way we've become so partisan? It's getting closer every day.
I think a better option would be for the US to break apart. The southern states maybe join some kind of confederacy, kick out all the non whites, all the non Christians (ooops, except LDH of course), all the gays, they can implement state owned tv and radio. Perhaps bring back lynchings.

The other states rejoin Paris agreement, implement single payer health care, and bring back protection for LGBT, say sorry to all their allies and promise not to vote another Trump into office.

Hawaii becomes an independent country.

Seems to me them Dems and Repubs are incompatible.
[+] 2 users Like Stevil's post
16-08-2017, 12:13 AM
(16-08-2017 12:10 AM)Stevil Wrote:  
(15-08-2017 11:21 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  How long until the southerners say "Fuck it. Let's fight the civil war again. This time we're more heavily armed and the guys from our team make up most of the U.S. Military." Don't think it will happen? The way we've become so partisan? It's getting closer every day.
I think a better option would be for the US to break apart. The southern states maybe join some kind of confederacy, kick out all the non whites, all the non Christians (ooops, except LDH of course), all the gays. The other states rejoin Paris arrangement, implement single payer health care, and bring back protection for LGBT.

Hawaii becomes an independent country.

Seems to me them Dems and Repubs are incompatible.

I've said this many times. Completely incompatible. There doesn't have to be bloodshed. A simple "this isn't going to work anymore, you get this side we take this side" will have to work. Both sides fucking hate each other. One side will always feel "oppressed" if the other has power.

16-08-2017, 12:22 AM
(16-08-2017 12:13 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I've said this many times. Completely incompatible. There doesn't have to be bloodshed. A simple "this isn't going to work anymore, you get this side we take this side" will have to work. Both sides fucking hate each other. One side will always feel "oppressed" if the other has power.
I do think the majority of people could get along, but of course their politics is incompatible. As long as they aren't constantly talking politics they could get along. But there are probably a contingent of people like yourself whose mindset is so politically dominant that they would de-friend anyone that claim to support the other side.

You are always going to get extremists like this, but I think having politically aligned media outlets such as Fox is driving quite a massive chasm, and a president that is driven by this media outlet, is taking this chasm to new depths.
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
16-08-2017, 12:26 AM (This post was last modified: 16-08-2017 12:31 AM by epronovost.)
@Lord Dark Helmet

You'r warmongering is getting a little bit much in my opinion. At some point you should ask yourself what you are willing to fight for and with whom. Should your apocalyptic vision of the USA (to which I don't ascribe) turn into a reallity are you sure that the social project you are willing to kill for should include the continued and reniewed discrimination and oppression of racial minorities, women and LGBTQ persons? These are the people whose rights to equality and the pursuit of happiness are in the balance. Their status hangs on heavily contested and contestable judicial decisions and programs. I don't know you, but it would be amongst my greatest shame to fight side by side with and for white supremacists.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 3 users Like epronovost's post