Alt right protests

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-08-2017, 08:43 AM
RE: Alt right protests
(16-08-2017 01:30 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(16-08-2017 12:37 AM)morondog Wrote:  I've asked him before if he *is* a white supremacist and never received a direct answer...

Yes, I am a white supremacist. I hate black people so much, I married one and had two children with her.

Dude, you got gyno and bitch titites, you're not juicing the roids properly.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
16-08-2017, 08:47 AM (This post was last modified: 16-08-2017 08:52 AM by TSG.)
(15-08-2017 09:06 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  
(15-08-2017 08:59 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  And by easy research, I mean I ain't gonna bother.

And by easy research, I mean I'm going to speculate wildly! No, you make a good point. I wonder if a bunch of them are with public funds at the town and city level. I don't know but suspect there wasn't much thought given to "shouldn't this be privately funded?" at small town hall meetings, a lot of these statues are in the traditional little downtown plazas of a thousand little southern towns. But maybe somebody could look into it...TSG?Smile

Well, first thing I did was check Wikipedia, and I saw first-hand why it's an unreliable source. There are claims about how historians believe they were built to commemorate the Lost Cause, and how most of them were built during the civil rights movement. The citations for both of those claims? Some put up YESTERDAY, but most put up within the last few months, and of course the 'historians' they cite are Quartz, Vox, the SPLC, the Atlantic, and the NY Times. I wonder if there might be an agenda involved with that assessment...

Aside from that, there are literally hundreds of statues and memorials all over the place, and it would take hours to go through all of them. So I used Ctrl-F. Drinking Beverage Out of hundreds of monuments, only 12 were built during the 1960's, and 9 during the 50's: the vast majority seem to have been erected by the United Daughters of the Confederacy in the first half of the 20th century, from the 1900's to the 1940's.

Now, the SPLC (whether you trust their word is a different matter) lists the UDC as a Neo-Confederate group peddling the Lost Cause, but as their name suggests, they are in fact descendants from Confederate veterans and I don't think it would be too much of a stretch for them to have built those monuments simply to honor their slain relatives.

HOWEVER, something else suspicious is that the citations for many of monuments themselves appeared yesterday as well, although the citations are for websites for the memorials' respective counties and cities. Seems like yesterday sparked the last great battle of the Civil War.

I checked the Wayback Machine to go back to how the article looked in June, before this Charlottesville mess, and indeed it is much shorter and doesn't say anything about historians saying they were built in response to the Civil Rights movement, or in support of Jim Crow, only that whether to keep the monuments is a modern question people are talking about.

It's a real shock to the system, seeing people actively trying to conform history and facts to modern politics in order to push their own agendas.

More Min Gee Ziss
[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 3 users Like TSG's post
16-08-2017, 09:00 AM
(16-08-2017 08:47 AM)TSG Wrote:  Aside from that, there are literally hundreds of statues and memorials all over the place, and it would take hours to go through all of them. So I used Ctrl-F. Drinking Beverage Out of hundreds of monuments, only 12 were built during the 1960's, and 9 during the 50's: the vast majority seem to have been erected by the United Daughters of the Confederacy in the first half of the 20th century, from the 1900's to the 1940's.

Thanks! I was just joking when I said it would be easy. So here are the membership requirements of the UDC, Gotta have the right blood. Presumably it could be black blood as long as they fought for the traitors. Someone should check to see if they put up any monuments to black soldiers or have any black members.

MEMBERSHIP ELIGIBILITY
Those eligible for membership are women at least 16 years of age who are lineal or collateral blood descendants of men and women who served honorably in the Army, Navy, or Civil Service of the Confederate States of America, or who gave Material Aid to the Cause. Women who were adopted are eligible only through the bloodline of the biological parent. Also eligible are those women who are lineal or collateral blood descendants of members or former members of UDC.

No Confederate ancestor who took the Oath of Allegiance before April 9, 1865, shall be eligible to be used for application for membership. If proof of further Confederate service is available, thereby nullifying the Oath of Allegiance, the ancestor shall be considered for approval.

#sigh
16-08-2017, 09:01 AM
So the Benedict Arnold statues will be raised in honor of fighters against the Union of states too?

And people in the rallys say it's about preserving European Culture, he represents that much more than a 19th century general of a failed nation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
16-08-2017, 09:02 AM (This post was last modified: 16-08-2017 09:07 AM by GirlyMan.)
(16-08-2017 09:01 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  So the Benedict Arnold statues will be raised in honor of fighters against the Union of states too?

The 25 foot tall statue of Sherman ("All Your Wives Now Belong To Us") in DC is pretty impressive.

#sigh
16-08-2017, 09:08 AM
(16-08-2017 09:02 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(16-08-2017 09:01 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  So the Benedict Arnold statues will be raised in honor of fighters against the Union of states too?

Pretty sure Benedict Arnold was from a different war. The 25 foot tall statue of Sherman ("All Your Wives Now Belong To Us") in DC is pretty impressive though.
Yes both are traitors to the independent United States though. But nobody seemed to erect statues of Arnold but 1 marking where he died and some for all union army soldiers in battles he fought prior to his drop.

Just wondering if statues will be erected if the so called altys want to honor their generals of European culture

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
16-08-2017, 09:09 AM
(16-08-2017 09:08 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(16-08-2017 09:02 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Pretty sure Benedict Arnold was from a different war. The 25 foot tall statue of Sherman ("All Your Wives Now Belong To Us") in DC is pretty impressive though.
Yes both are traitors to the independent United States though. But nobody seemed to erect statues of Arnold but 1 marking where he died and some for all union army soldiers in battles he fought prior to his drop.

Just wondering if statues will be erected if the so called altys want to honor their generals of European culture

Yeah, I missed your point first go round. My bad.

#sigh
16-08-2017, 09:11 AM
(16-08-2017 09:08 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(16-08-2017 09:02 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Pretty sure Benedict Arnold was from a different war. The 25 foot tall statue of Sherman ("All Your Wives Now Belong To Us") in DC is pretty impressive though.

British soldiers deserve monuments too. Sadcryface

And the whole point of the revolution was independence, and I bet if you ask an 'alty' about the point of the Civil War, they'd say something like 'independence.' Why should they honor a traitor to independence if they consider people like Grant to also be traitors in that regard? Consider

More Min Gee Ziss
[Image: giphy.gif]
16-08-2017, 09:13 AM
(16-08-2017 12:37 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(16-08-2017 12:26 AM)epronovost Wrote:  it would be amongst my greatest shame to fight side by side with and for white supremacists.

I've asked him before if he *is* a white supremacist and never received a direct answer...

I'll grant Dirty Cop the courtesy to define himself as not a white supremacist, at least as he understands them to be. (and I'm sure he hangs around with quite a few of them, so he has first-hand knowledge) He just happens to agree with most of their political positions. Pure coincidence!

Given how often and hopefully he writes about the scenario, he also supports the traitorous notion of taking up arms against fellow citizens who vote differently than he does and driving those citizens out of their homeland. I dunno what you call that, some kind of rabid tribalism?

After the revolution, when his buddies turn around and seek to throw him and his family out for being, respectively, race traitors and "mud people," I wonder who's going to be left to defend them.
[+] 5 users Like julep's post
16-08-2017, 09:22 AM
This is how we do it in Baltimore. Bob Irsay gathered up all the confederate statues and moved them to Indianapolis in the middle of the night.

Baltimore Quietly Removed All 4 Of Its Confederate Statues Overnight

#sigh