Alt right protests

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-08-2017, 03:50 PM
RE: Alt right protests
(16-08-2017 03:28 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Oddly enough, Sherman attended the funeral of one or two of the Confederate generals he'd faught against. After the war they became friends and reminisced about all the strategy and fun times they had trying to kill each other. Huh

Like a couple of quarterbacks discussing the big game.

You have to remember that there was very little potable water at the time. Smile

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
16-08-2017, 04:29 PM
(16-08-2017 03:28 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Oddly enough, Sherman attended the funeral of one or two of the Confederate generals he'd faught against. After the war they became friends and reminisced about all the strategy and fun times they had trying to kill each other. Huh

Afaik, Joe Johnston was one of Shermans pall bearers, caught pneumonia (it was a cold, rainy day) and died a few weeks later.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
16-08-2017, 04:41 PM
(16-08-2017 04:29 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Afaik, Joe Johnston was one of Shermans pall bearers, caught pneumonia (it was a cold, rainy day) and died a few weeks later.

That's because the gentry still viewed war as some kind of sports.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
16-08-2017, 06:19 PM
(16-08-2017 04:29 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  

Afaik, Joe Johnston was one of Shermans pall bearers, caught pneumonia (it was a cold, rainy day) and died a few weeks later.

I'm a bit of a Civil War nerd and have never heard that one...very cool, learned something new. Makes sense, many of these guys knew each other from serving together in the Mexican American War.

[+] 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post
16-08-2017, 07:29 PM
(15-08-2017 07:26 PM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  On top that that....heritage? I didn't realize fucking treason was "heritage". The same motherfuckers who get their panties in a wad because a quarterback won't stand for the anthem are actively celebrating participants and symbols of outright rebellion against the Union.

Hear, hear!
16-08-2017, 07:50 PM
(16-08-2017 12:13 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I've said this many times. Completely incompatible. There doesn't have to be bloodshed. A simple "this isn't going to work anymore, you get this side we take this side" will have to work. Both sides fucking hate each other. One side will always feel "oppressed" if the other has power.

I don't hate anyone for disagreeing with me politically. I think communication and compromise can work going forward as they have in the past. I don't think I'm alone in this view. I think most Americans [read: non-extremists] agree that common ground is worth searching for.

I live under a president I detest, have done so before, and will likely do so again. That's okay. I don't have the right to be agreed-with all the time. But when there is no communication, there's no reason to talk. When people forget how to listen, we're fucked.

If you don't like where America is, you have two choices: you can either work to make things better (understanding that you will not get everything you desire), or you can leave. I choose to stay. I choose to fight for the ideals we've ensconced in our Constitution but have, sadly, forgotten as of late. If you and your ilk don't want to talk, if you'd rather brandish guns and plug your ears, okay. Know that I'll still fight for the Constitution I hold dear, even as I have in the past. And if you decide to leave, that's on you.

Don't think for a moment that your unwillingness to compromise and work together going forward reflects on me and my ilk. And don't think for a moment that we won't fight for our vision of America as well. It won't be with guns, but it will be a fight, so pack a lunch. We're not going anywhere, and we won't be cowed by your attempts to cow us with force.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
16-08-2017, 07:56 PM
Steve Bannon gave an interview to a writer at American Prospect. It's a great read if you have the time.

In it he pretty much disavows what the alt-right movement has become. And says he hopes the democrats keep focusing on identity politics so the voters continue to get disgusted with them. They're taking the gamble that voters are more focused on economic issues not social issues. I have been saying this is a smart move for a while now.

http://prospect.org/article/steve-bannon-unrepentant

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
16-08-2017, 08:39 PM (This post was last modified: 16-08-2017 08:46 PM by GirlyMan.)
(16-08-2017 07:56 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  They're taking the gamble that voters are more focused on economic issues not social issues. I have been saying this is a smart move for a while now.

And then the Heathen Heyer was killed. If you think attention is gonna refocus on Trump's job numbers anytime soon, you're not only a dirty cop, you're a stupid idiot dirty cop. The daughterfucker racist just self-immolated in front of the world.

[Image: N9Yhb0c.jpg]

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
16-08-2017, 08:45 PM (This post was last modified: 16-08-2017 08:49 PM by Brian37.)
(16-08-2017 07:56 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Steve Bannon gave an interview to a writer at American Prospect. It's a great read if you have the time.

In it he pretty much disavows what the alt-right movement has become. And says he hopes the democrats keep focusing on identity politics so the voters continue to get disgusted with them. They're taking the gamble that voters are more focused on economic issues not social issues. I have been saying this is a smart move for a while now.

Nothing that conspiracy fuckface could write should be called a "good read'.

He now hates what he stared has become? BULLSHIT, he hates that his con has been exposed.

Just like a murderer gets caught with DNA evidence and traced to a weapon and thought they were slick enough not to get caught and say to the arresting officers, "I'm sorry".

No he is not, he is sorry his conspiracy bullshit isn't working like it used to.

More like, a grifter who cant stand their partner isn't pulling the scam correctly.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
16-08-2017, 08:48 PM
(16-08-2017 07:56 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Steve Bannon gave an interview to a writer at American Prospect. It's a great read if you have the time.

Which is right after he says we gotta crush the white nationalism.... but gleefully then essentially credits it to be what will help him crush dems...

So just like removing economic and social advantages.. with what action and why would he actually act to diminish this nationalist right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson