Alt right protests

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-08-2017, 02:20 AM (This post was last modified: 17-08-2017 02:23 AM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Alt right protests
(17-08-2017 01:31 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  If my wife was a democrat, I would never have married her. However she was raised right, by good people and she ended up an atheist republican like me.

ManlyGirl asks if a good Catholic girl who thinks atheists are just so many silly goose just wasn't raised right? ... Before you answer, MS-13 knows her as "that fucking puta that broke Pedro's pierna." ... She walks free among them.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-08-2017, 02:36 AM (This post was last modified: 17-08-2017 02:41 AM by GirlyMan.)
(17-08-2017 01:21 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(17-08-2017 12:44 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  He may not have had airpower, but in his 1864 campaign, Sherman presaged both blitzkrieg and total war.

He had an engineer who knew how to build bridges and traverse swamps. Big Grin

This dude is who the South should really be pissed at.
[Image: ud76i5Q.jpg]
That's the look of a man who just dismantled your railroads leaving them as "necktie" reminders around your lynching trees, navigated your swamps and rivers with no supply line or even contact with the command in the North, destroyed any building thought to be of potential military value, saved the grain and confiscated your land to give to the freed negroes, asking if you would like to see more math. South wasn't good at the math. Orlando Metcalfe Poe just became my new hero. Wonder if he's got a statue?

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
17-08-2017, 04:39 AM
(17-08-2017 12:39 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(16-08-2017 12:56 PM)adey67 Wrote:  My edit was too late.
There's no way we would have risked war with America again, we may have been arrogant but we were not dumb. As for 1812 you still kicked our ass in naval combat several times. You were way to strong it was a no go from the start and we knew that.

Us Americans had a few good ships, but there's no way we could have withstood the full might of the RN. No way. As pointed out above, the Royal Navy had bigger fish to fry.

Agreed, I forgot to punctuate and make it clear that the last part was referring to the civil war, I still don't think we could have had a chance had we gone to war with the union on the side of the confederacy.
17-08-2017, 06:27 AM
(17-08-2017 12:18 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(16-08-2017 11:45 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  John Brennan, American hero and ex-director of the CIA, to Wolf Blitzer, on learning Blitzer lost his grandparents to the Nazis.

"Wolf:
Just watched your interview with Senator Blumenthal when you mentioned that you lost all four of your grandparents to the unspeakable evil of Nazism. I just want to extend my sympathies not only for their deaths but also to you and your family--and countless others--for the pain inflicted today by the despicable words of Donald Trump. Mr. Trump's words, and the beliefs they reflect, are a national disgrace, and all Americans of conscience need to repudiate his ugly and dangerous comments. If allowed to continue along this senseless path, Mr. Trump will do lasting harm to American society and to our standing in the world. By his words and his actions, Mr. Trump is putting our national security and our collective futures at grave risk.
John Brennan"

John Brennan is a disgrace. A communist. A wolf in sheep's clothing. He even voted for the communist candidate in the 1976 presidential election. No wonder he and Obama were so close. He only made it into the CIA because Jimmy Carter was president in 1980 when he joined, and Jimmy Carter was a communist too. Birds of a feather.

If this guy hates Trump, I know Trump is the right man for the job.
When Blitzer wears wool he also is a Wolf in sheep's clothing.

But good ole my enemy's enemy is my friend breakdown. Shows a quality shallow layer of thought there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
17-08-2017, 08:30 AM
Robert E. Lee's family has come out against the events in Charlottesville, saying there is no place for this racial hatred in our modern society.

Quote:“There’s no place for that,” Robert E. Lee V, the great-great-grandson of the Confederate hero, said in an interview with Newsweek. “There’s no place for that hate.” Along with Lee’s sister, Tracy Lee Crittenberger, the two issued a statement condemning the “hateful words and violent actions of white supremacists, the KKK or neo-Nazis.”

---

“We don’t believe in that whatsoever. Our belief is that General Lee would not tolerate that sort of behavior either. His first thing to do after the Civil War was to bring the Union back together, so we could become a more unified country.”

---
“We don’t want people to think that they can hide behind Robert E. Lee’s name and his life for these senseless acts of violence that occurred on Saturday,” Lee said.

---
The fact that Trump was quick to defend white supremacists who were supposedly “preserving” General Robert E. Lee’s memory while his own family denounces them is evidence enough that the President’s claims were egregiously ill-advised. It seems that the only people left supporting Trump’s comments are the very neo-Nazis in attendance that day.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Shai Hulud's post
17-08-2017, 10:10 AM (This post was last modified: 17-08-2017 10:16 AM by Thumpalumpacus.)
(17-08-2017 01:55 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  You didn't call me a racist? I guess you didn't TECHNICALLY call me a racist by writing "you're a racist."

But you pointed out the fact that Bannon disavowed the alt-right that has become a group of Nazi flag waivers. And then you asked how I feel being disavowed. So you were saying I'm a nazi, and that's pretty much the same thing.

Not all racists are NaZis. I think you're a neonazi based on everything I've read from you over the last two or so years you've darkened this forum with your horseshit. You parade an obedient mentality that demands citizens do exactly as they're told or face a police beating. You voted for, and support here continually, a man who is clearly a raging bigot.

You walk like a duck. You talk like a duck. You swim like a duck, and you fly like a duck. You're duck.

Don't like it? Not my godddamned problem. Go cry in your Cheerios, Snowflake. I don't give two shits rubbed together about your widdle feewings.

(17-08-2017 01:55 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I don't support the cause of nazis.

You're defending them in this very thread. Lie to someone else, and spare me your bullshit.

(17-08-2017 01:55 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I will support their right to assemble and use free speech.

I haven't argued that they should be denied those rights, which makes this a red herring.

(17-08-2017 01:55 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  You know the ACLU represented them in court for their protest permit right?

Of course. And I support it, because you cockroaches need to be in the sunlight so everyone can see you for who you are. The angst you're feeling is due to the fact that you want your free speech to be free of repercussions, as well, and that's not the way it works. Good people everywhere are now aware of what you jackboots are angling for, and you will have to hear a chorus of voices every time you exercise your rights.

And that is as American as it gets. If you don't like it, get the fuck out.
[+] 9 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
17-08-2017, 10:21 AM
(17-08-2017 01:31 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(17-08-2017 12:51 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Of course he is ... they're waving swastikas, after all. Even a cunt like Bannon knows that dog won't hunt.

"I'll take unintended consequences for $500, Alex."

How does it feel to have him disavow you?

Perhaps you missed the photo I posted last night of myself and my wife. Her dark skin she inherited from her African American father and Indian mother would surely get me kicked out of the nazi club.

You see, I have no problems with any race. If my wife was a democrat, I would never have married her. However she was raised right, by good people and she ended up an atheist republican like me. I don't judge a person by the color of their skin. I judge them by their actions. So if I say something like: blacks make up about half of the people on welfare, yet they're only 13% of the population, that's not being racist. Facts can't be racist. And the only reason I ever point out such things is because I believe the democrats purposely keep the inner cities in bad shape, to keep their base of voters. It's not the black folks I blame for their high welfare rates, it's the democrats who run the big cities keeping the black folks in their section 8 housing, in bad schools and neighborhoods, stuck in an endless cycle. Instead of reading my entire points, I'll get blasted as racist for the statistic itself. Democrats don't fix the inner cities, improve the schools, reduce the crime rates or get people off of food stamps and welfare. They need those votes. Gotta keep handing out those entitlements. Give the black folks better schools and jobs and they'll want the better economy and lower taxes republicans offer. Democrats don't want that happening. Funny how all of my wife's family that served in the military, got an education and got away from the inner cities are all republicans now.

So you can take that Nazi shit and shove it. The race card doesn't work on me. Never has.
TBH its hard to tell what race your wife is as so much of her features are obscured (understandably for privacy reasons) all I can tell is that she's not completely black other than that she could be mixed race, Mediterranean or white but with a dark complexion so we only have your word that your wife is mixed race although personally I can't see what you'd hope to gain from lying about it so I'm inclined to take you at your word.
17-08-2017, 10:54 AM
Her race is irrelevant to his attitudes. Her race certainly doesn't prevent him from defending bigots.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
17-08-2017, 11:22 AM
(17-08-2017 01:55 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I don't support the cause of nazis.
I will support their right to assemble and use free speech.

That's a distinction without much of a difference should they prove to be successful. People don't assemble and protest for fun or to simply express their opinions. They assemble and protest to make political gains and rally people to their cause. By supporting their right to assemble, you are de facto supporting them to achieve their objectives. In french we have a proverb for that sort of conundrum: ''Qui ne dit mot, consent.''. A rough translation would be: ''He who doesn't protest, agrees.''. Nazis will use silence as a form of agreement and attempt to normalise themselves and that's terribly dangerous.

I believe you when you say that you don't support Nazis and their cartoonish vision of racism, but you had many knee jerk xenophobic reactions (deport all Muslims and prevent them from entering the country) and a lot of stereotypes concerning systemic poverty and discrimination, that while not interpreted in a racist fashion, all draw their origin to racist groups. Your silence and tacit approval of their actions and numerous of your political position makes you ''bed fellows''.

PS: Your position on Muslim deportation would qualify yourself for the title of racist in a broad sense of the term. Unless of course, it was only a knee jerk reaction caused by hysteria following a terrorist attack in Germany and that you no longer support such a idea.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 4 users Like epronovost's post
17-08-2017, 11:32 AM
(17-08-2017 11:22 AM)epronovost Wrote:  By supporting their right to assemble, you are de facto supporting them to achieve their objectives. In french we have a proverb for that sort of conundrum: ''Qui ne dit mot, consent.''. A rough translation would be: ''He who doesn't protest, agrees.''. Nazis will use silence as a form of agreement and attempt to normalise themselves and that's terribly dangerous.

Their right to assemble is protected by the 1st amendment of the US constitution. Freedom of speech.

But even in Europe where it's forbidden to fly nazi symbols, their rights are protected by freedom of expression. They can and do assemble, as long as they're not crossing the lines of what constitutes hate speech or the usage of nazi symbolism.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like abaris's post