Alt right protests

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-08-2017, 02:39 PM
RE: Alt right protests
(12-08-2017 10:47 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  They're yelling Jews will not replace us" and all sorts of crazy shit. They look kinda ridiculous with their Tiki torches.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/torc...ia-n792021

[Image: torch-weilding-white-nationalists-va.jpg...ff1dbfb3f0]

Yeah, I got news for these guys. We've already replaced them. In fact, every minority group and individual with a progressive thinking style is replacing them because it's only the Alt Right group that refuses to educate and better themselves.

Hey, it's like my dad always says. Someone's gotta clean the toilets.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like Aliza's post
12-08-2017, 02:40 PM
(12-08-2017 01:44 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(12-08-2017 01:23 PM)Anjele Wrote:  http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/video/live...bview=true

The orange is going to speak...or at least babble in circles.

5 minutes on Charlottesville, no mention of terrorism, followed by 20 minutes of self-congratulatory bullshit on the VA. Dude needed a George W. Bush 9/11 speech and he comes up with George of the Jungle.

Exactly what I would expect from a president who keeps on having campaign rallies long after he's won.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 1 user Likes outtathereligioncloset's post
12-08-2017, 02:40 PM
This is very simple. Let them protest. Freedom of speech counts for popular and unpopular speech.

If you have a problem with their statements, make a counter protest. A peaceful one. No "nazi-punching", no bicycle lock headsmashing, no pepperspray. Censoring them or fucking attacking them *validates* their statements about their "oppression". This counts for either side.

In a nutshell, if you're going on a protest, don't bring along crazy people with weapons. Behave like adults. The end.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
12-08-2017, 02:42 PM
(12-08-2017 02:08 PM)TSG Wrote:  I'd pay to see that.

Me too.

(12-08-2017 02:19 PM)ImFred Wrote:  
(12-08-2017 01:55 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I swear I want a bunch of elderly WW2 veterans to hold a march with the message, "We didn't fight the Nazis for our children and grandchildren to become them."

The alt-right doesn't give a fuck about US Veterans. I know it was Vietnam but they didn't say shit when Trump was bashing McCain.

I don't think they do either, but I think a lot of Americans do. To steal a phrase from the Republican Party of yesteryear, there's a "great silent majority" watching this nation around them. And yeah, when he bashed McCain, a hero who turned down early release as an Admiral's son and was tortured for it. When he bashed the family of a fallen soldier of our current era they were silent, or jeered the parents as well. Sad

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-08-2017, 02:46 PM
(12-08-2017 02:21 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(12-08-2017 02:17 PM)ImFred Wrote:  No opinion should be silenced, even if it hurts. Free speech for things we basically agree about is meaningless. It's freedom of expression for ideas we find grotesque that demonstrates freedom. A swastika is more of a symbol of freedom than the American flag. The same way an American flag becomes a real symbol of freedom when someone burns it. We don't need a First Amendment for speech that doesn't piss people off.
Driving a car into a crowd of people because they don't agree with you is not protected as free speech.

That happened after the assembly was declared unlawful. Plus, I don't think anyone is saying murder should be protected as symbolic speech.

As far as the right-wingers showing up armed goes, if that's not the Second Amendment in action I don't know what is.
12-08-2017, 02:50 PM
... Fucken 'ell. In 2017? In a "civilised" nation. Fuck USA. You guys are lost. Clean up your act for fuck's sake.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
12-08-2017, 02:51 PM
(12-08-2017 02:46 PM)ImFred Wrote:  As far as the right-wingers showing up armed goes, if that's not the Second Amendment in action I don't know what is.

Which is why the rest of the world thinks you guys are fucking *nuts*.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 15 users Like morondog's post
12-08-2017, 02:57 PM
We are. America is fucked up to the core and a serious menace to the planet. I say that in all seriousness as an American. I'm ashamed.
[+] 6 users Like I'mFred's post
12-08-2017, 03:00 PM
[Image: DHCpE5gXcAAOrxT.jpg]

Wow, based on that law I could probably make an argument for church people gathered together to baptize children being illegal.

[Image: a201d9d9fadf30cb5094a9d99d81f5d0.jpg]

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 2 users Like outtathereligioncloset's post
12-08-2017, 03:05 PM
But we aren't talking about baptizing babies. We are talking about people dying in protests, here in the US, today.

Sometimes an attempt at humor lightens the mood...this is perhaps too soon.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post