Alt right protests

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-08-2017, 06:30 AM
RE: Alt right protests
(19-08-2017 01:33 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(19-08-2017 12:50 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Yo. That bear is creepy as hell.

You're a creepy as hell dirty cop.

Since that's all you say to my posts now, you're the first person to be on my ignore list.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-08-2017, 06:37 AM
(19-08-2017 06:30 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(19-08-2017 01:33 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You're a creepy as hell dirty cop.

Since that's all you say to my posts now, you're the first person to be on my ignore list.

Snowflake.

The great thing is, everyone won't forget your shameful admissions, as well as that you made them *bragging*, expecting to find at least some support. I *love* that you will have to drag that around with you for the rest of the time you're here on the forum. You are lower than dog-shit and you hate being reminded of it, and even if you ignore him, everyone who sees you post will see his posts too, and others who also won't hesitate to remind you.

Have a shitty weekend, dirty cop Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
19-08-2017, 06:53 AM
(19-08-2017 05:44 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Tearing down of statues...

Hmmmm....?

They tore down the statue of Zeus, created by Phidius.

I wish we still had it. Legend says it is where the image for the face of Christ originated.

Because it no longer exists, nobody can really say.

50 feet tall. Golden beard and hair. Destroyed by an angry mob in Constantinople.

Personally, I prefer the statue to the angry mob. Mobs are a dime a dozen.
I can make you a dozen statues for a dime... I mean they will be made of 10 pennys but I'll figure it out.

You know what really is missed statues and structure wise. 9 of the 10 Ancient Wonders of the [near Mediterranean] World.

It is always silly when somehow a removal of something notable means it's covered up or lost... yet we still know of thar no longer standing Colosis of Rhodes or the hanging gardens without their forms remaining. Must be magical.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
19-08-2017, 07:02 AM
(19-08-2017 06:07 AM)abaris Wrote:  
(19-08-2017 05:44 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Personally, I prefer the statue to the angry mob. Mobs are a dime a dozen.

Some memorials have to be removed. Otherwise we still would have Hitler busts and streets. Stalin statues all over the east.

It doesn't take an angry mob to see the necessity to remove something like that. And yes, these confederate statues are along the same lines. Remnants of an inhumane past, when people were a commodity to be sold.

They should be put where they belong. In a museum, not on the streets and not in a place of honor, in front of public buildings.

They would make excellent anchors for the navy. Big Grin

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
19-08-2017, 07:09 AM
(19-08-2017 06:53 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  yet we still know of thar no longer standing Colosis of Rhodes or the hanging gardens without their forms remaining. Must be magical.

Let's be clear that these are genuine losses of things of inestimable value, and that those things *have* been destroyed, even if their memory lives on. Quite a different animal to these confederate war statues.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
19-08-2017, 08:11 AM
(19-08-2017 03:39 AM)morondog Wrote:  Seems relevant:

You can't change history, no matter how much it goes with your ideas or not. Most of the people we call out greatest historical men (Mostly) were slave owners.

So what?

Yes, many of these statues were slave owners. At the time it was normal for such things.
I often refer back to a quote Atheist use. "If my beliefs shake your beliefs in God then maybe you don't believe as much as you think you do." meaning for people who believe in God, who say nothing can shake that, seem so scared of people who don't believe. So much for unshaken belief.

If you're so horrified by some slave over, who contributed to history, is a sign of slavery. Then you have no firm ground that we won't go back to slavery or learn from the past.
History is meant to be learned from, tearing it down wont' solve anything but make you feel better about getting rid of 'such evil' in the world. How "Dare we 'worship' a slave owner, for whatever 'minor' thing they did for our history."

Laughable really, you call out theists for saying about the same thing with different words. All because we have a statue of a man who did good things in history, but he dare be a slave owner in a time where slave owners were all around and common.

You do the same thing religious people do, for a different cause in different words.

We are not going back to slavery, a statue means nothing, it can't hurt you, it's history. Just as the bible being waved at me as the 'truth' and will 'save my soul' means nothing to me. A statue of a slave owner won't make me think 'you know I could be great like this guy if I slaves...' Facepalm

History is both good and bad, we already have conservatives trying to change it to fit their ideas, please stop pandering to the outrage of those who call 'slavery worship' if anything they are the ones worshiping slavery because it's a card to get what they want. Just as religious people use the bible as a card to get what they want in court.

Then again, even if you point this out to them, they will call you all sorts of derogatory names. Seems logic and reasoning has no place in an area where people feel strongly to their ideals, no matter how much it pushes against them, hey just like some other group we know of!

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
[+] 1 user Likes Ruby Crystal's post
19-08-2017, 08:11 AM
But my point in pretty sure the history isn't erased after over a thousand years of them being gone

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
19-08-2017, 08:12 AM
(19-08-2017 08:11 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  But my point in pretty sure the history isn't erased after over a thousand years of them being gone

I would have loved to see them. A story about them is NOT the same at all.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
19-08-2017, 08:21 AM
(19-08-2017 08:11 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  But my point in pretty sure the history isn't erased after over a thousand years of them being gone

“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.” - Christopher Hitchens Sep 5, 2012

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
19-08-2017, 08:41 AM
(19-08-2017 08:11 AM)Ruby Crystal Wrote:  History is meant to be learned from, tearing it down wont' solve anything but make you feel better about getting rid of 'such evil' in the world. How "Dare we 'worship' a slave owner, for whatever 'minor' thing they did for our history."

I haven't got a horse in the American race, but you can savely add treason to the list of what these people stood for. They didn't represent the Union, but the ones striving to destroy the Union by taking up arms against it.

It's the same as if we would still have Hitler or Stalin statues in Europe, because history. These statues still exist, but they are where they belong. In museums and not in places of honor. These statues weren't meant as mementos but to glorify something that can only be shunned in this day and age.

In the case of Lee or Badford Forrest, these people fought against the country, not for it.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like abaris's post