Alt right protests

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-08-2017, 08:46 AM
RE: Alt right protests
(19-08-2017 06:37 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(19-08-2017 06:30 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Since that's all you say to my posts now, you're the first person to be on my ignore list.

Snowflake.

The great thing is, everyone won't forget your shameful admissions, as well as that you made them *bragging*, expecting to find at least some support. I *love* that you will have to drag that around with you for the rest of the time you're here on the forum. You are lower than dog-shit and you hate being reminded of it, and even if you ignore him, everyone who sees you post will see his posts too, and others who also won't hesitate to remind you.

Have a shitty weekend, dirty cop Smile

Yet, LDH still has some positive reps. 'Cause how can you not like a dirty cop who is proud of being a dirty cop? At least he stands up for what he believes in...no matter how illegal and/or unethical it may be. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-08-2017, 08:57 AM
I'm keeping half an eye on the Boston protest going on now...

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
19-08-2017, 09:01 AM
(19-08-2017 08:11 AM)Ruby Crystal Wrote:  
(19-08-2017 03:39 AM)morondog Wrote:  Seems relevant:

You can't change history, no matter how much it goes with your ideas or not. Most of the people we call out greatest historical men (Mostly) were slave owners.

So what?

Yes, many of these statues were slave owners. At the time it was normal for such things.
I often refer back to a quote Atheist use. "If my beliefs shake your beliefs in God then maybe you don't believe as much as you think you do." meaning for people who believe in God, who say nothing can shake that, seem so scared of people who don't believe. So much for unshaken belief.

If you're so horrified by some slave over, who contributed to history, is a sign of slavery. Then you have no firm ground that we won't go back to slavery or learn from the past.
History is meant to be learned from, tearing it down wont' solve anything but make you feel better about getting rid of 'such evil' in the world. How "Dare we 'worship' a slave owner, for whatever 'minor' thing they did for our history."

Laughable really, you call out theists for saying about the same thing with different words. All because we have a statue of a man who did good things in history, but he dare be a slave owner in a time where slave owners were all around and common.

You do the same thing religious people do, for a different cause in different words.

We are not going back to slavery, a statue means nothing, it can't hurt you, it's history. Just as the bible being waved at me as the 'truth' and will 'save my soul' means nothing to me. A statue of a slave owner won't make me think 'you know I could be great like this guy if I slaves...' Facepalm

History is both good and bad, we already have conservatives trying to change it to fit their ideas, please stop pandering to the outrage of those who call 'slavery worship' if anything they are the ones worshiping slavery because it's a card to get what they want. Just as religious people use the bible as a card to get what they want in court.

Then again, even if you point this out to them, they will call you all sorts of derogatory names. Seems logic and reasoning has no place in an area where people feel strongly to their ideals, no matter how much it pushes against them, hey just like some other group we know of!

WTF are you on about? I have *some* nuance to my views, kindly read what i write before you go telling me off yeah? If you object to specific stuff that I've said quote me and state your reasons. Yelling about how I'm so unreasonable achieves what exactly?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
19-08-2017, 09:02 AM (This post was last modified: 19-08-2017 09:15 AM by Vera.)
(19-08-2017 08:46 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Yet, LDH still has some positive reps.

Well, Anj, for some it's the only way to at least hint at the fact that they actually do agree with him, without saying it out loud because we wantsss to come across as nice and reasonable, preciousss, and get all those nice rep pointsss, even if we have to pretend we're something else than we really are.

And others just think it makes them oh-so-cool and different and broad-minded...

And then there's those who like to pretend they like everyone. Which is pretty much impossible unless you're a) a bit of a nitwit or b) it's fake or c) you liking someone means squat because you'd like (or pretend to like) even a homicidal piece of mould, if it could post....

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
19-08-2017, 09:23 AM
Reps don't mean anything really, let's not make too much issue over that...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
19-08-2017, 09:24 AM
http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-bost...story.html

Quote:A week after violent protests rocked Charlottesville, Va., Boston police are implementing a tight security plan on Saturday as a “free speech” rally with right-wing speakers is expected to converge with a large counter-protest on the city’s historic Common

Quote:Police Commissioner William Evans said Friday that 500 officers -- some in uniform, others undercover -- would be deployed to keep the two groups apart on Saturday. Boston's Democratic mayor, Marty Walsh, and Massachusetts' Republican governor, Charlie Baker, both warned that extremist unrest wouldn't be tolerated in this city famed as the cradle of American liberty. 

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
19-08-2017, 09:26 AM
(19-08-2017 09:24 AM)Dom Wrote:  http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-bost...story.html

Quote:A week after violent protests rocked Charlottesville, Va., Boston police are implementing a tight security plan on Saturday as a “free speech” rally with right-wing speakers is expected to converge with a large counter-protest on the city’s historic Common

Quote:Police Commissioner William Evans said Friday that 500 officers -- some in uniform, others undercover -- would be deployed to keep the two groups apart on Saturday. Boston's Democratic mayor, Marty Walsh, and Massachusetts' Republican governor, Charlie Baker, both warned that extremist unrest wouldn't be tolerated in this city famed as the cradle of American liberty. 

Keeping the two groups apart seems like a no-brainer. That's what should have happened in Charlottesville...sigh.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
19-08-2017, 09:26 AM
(19-08-2017 09:23 AM)morondog Wrote:  Reps don't mean anything really, let's not make too much issue over that...

cough*Mr.Woof*cough.

We might like to pretend or honestly believe they don't mean anything but the fact of the matter is, a lot of online interaction is (or can easily devolve into) popularity contests and you are as well aware as I am that a lot of people get really obsessed with likes and reps.

Pretending *everyone* is above that is just... well, pretending.

[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
19-08-2017, 09:28 AM
Maybe we can pretend that we are in a thread that will be ongoing on a certain topic. We don't want to clutter the entire board with US political threads, so we have a few that are ongoing and get updated.

19-08-2017, 09:30 AM
Sorry, Dom, didn't mean to sidetrack the conversation from the topic of 'murrica. God knows there's precious few threads we get to talk about that...