Alt right protests

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-08-2017, 09:32 AM (This post was last modified: 19-08-2017 09:52 AM by jerry mcmasters.)
RE: Alt right protests
(19-08-2017 09:02 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(19-08-2017 08:46 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Yet, LDH still has some positive reps.

Well, Anj, for some it's the only way to at least hint at the fact that they actually do agree with him, without saying it out loud because we wantsss to come across as nice and reasonable, preciousss, and get all those nice rep pointsss, even if we have to pretend we're something else than we really are.

And others just think it makes them oh-so-cool and different and broad-minded...

And then there's those who like to pretend they like everyone. Which is pretty much impossible unless you're a) a bit of a nitwit or b) it's fake or c) you liking someone means squat because you'd like (or pretend to like) even a homicidal piece of mould, if it could post....

You two are so far off from my master plan (it involves fava beans and a nice chianti). But yes I'm the villain who repped LDH. I hope he doesn't get driven off. I agree with some of the things he says. Usually not as adamantly, definitely not as adamantly as he expresses them. I'm a recent arrival, I don't know about dirty cop this, dirty cop that, but I'm not going to let a group judge anybody for me.

EDIT: Also sorry, Dom, didn't see your post about thread distraction when I wrote this.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-08-2017, 09:37 AM
(19-08-2017 09:30 AM)Vera Wrote:  Sorry, Dom, didn't mean to sidetrack the conversation from the topic of 'murrica. God knows there's precious few threads we get to talk about that...

Moms doesn't like it when new threads get started because the old ones are not on topic anymore. We would have 10 new US politics threads per day. So there are a handful of topics that are continuing to evolve.

It's a historic time and shit happens faster than you can blink. I am doing my best to contain it and keep it from shitting all over the board.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
19-08-2017, 09:43 AM (This post was last modified: 19-08-2017 09:51 AM by Anjele.)
Threads do get derailed...worthwhile threads get re-railed more often than not.

Threads that are basically (and often accidentally) duplicates are usually merged.

If we need to follow a script, we need to know what the script is.

edit - *we* meaning those of us not on The Team.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
19-08-2017, 09:43 AM
(19-08-2017 09:37 AM)Dom Wrote:  It's a historic time and shit happens faster than you can blink. I am doing my best to contain it and keep it from shitting all over the board.

Hey, we're all hairless monkeys, it's in our nature to throw shit around. Can't be helped Rolleyes

[Image: giphy.gif]

And you know that of all the threads that get derailed, a Trump one is *the* one that is absolutely sure to go back on track the moment he next opens his mouth and says something even stupider...

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-08-2017, 09:50 AM
This is not about Trump, well, probably it's partially his fault but he's not the topic.

Uprising in the streets is, people being murdered in the streets is. It matters. And it has only just begun. So I'd please like to keep the protests confined in this thread.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
19-08-2017, 09:57 AM
This is from the radio station I listen to every day on my commute.

For everyone who thinks that Texas is just a bunch of racist, goat-roping, Evangelical imbeciles....there are people trying to do what's right on levels large and small. Hopefully this will help prevent some issues down the road.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2017/08/18/six-f...ates-flag/

Quote:“At Six Flags Over Texas, we strive every single day to make people happy and to create a fun, thrilling and safe family friendly experience for our guests. We always choose to focus on celebrating the things that unite us versus those that divide us. As such, we have changed the flag displays in our park to feature American flags.”

When asked by 1080 KRLD why they didn’t just change the Confederate States of America flag, manager of communications Sharon Parker said, “we just know that the American flag is something we know and can stand behind. That’s going to be our focus at this time.”

KRLD also asked if this was a permanent change at the park and Parker said they’ll continue to use branded flags for special events.

Quote:The previous flags flying outside the park were the Confederate States of America flag, the Mexican flag, the Spanish flag, the French flag and the Texas flag, to go along with the American flag.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
19-08-2017, 10:25 AM
I expect a pitchfork wielding mob to assault 6 Flags.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
19-08-2017, 10:54 AM
(19-08-2017 10:25 AM)Minimalist Wrote:  I expect a pitchfork wielding mob to assault 6 Flags.

If a mob were going to go after Six Flags Over Texas it wouldn't be pitchforks they were wielding.

19-08-2017, 10:59 AM
(19-08-2017 09:57 AM)Anjele Wrote:  ...
For everyone who thinks that Texas is just a bunch of racist, goat-roping, Evangelical imbeciles
(19-08-2017 10:54 AM)Anjele Wrote:  ...
If a mob were going to go after Six Flags Over Texas it wouldn't be pitchforks they were wielding.

Huh

19-08-2017, 11:01 AM
(19-08-2017 10:59 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(19-08-2017 09:57 AM)Anjele Wrote:  ...
For everyone who thinks that Texas is just a bunch of racist, goat-roping, Evangelical imbeciles
(19-08-2017 10:54 AM)Anjele Wrote:  ...

Huh

Most people think that every Texan owns an arsenal full of weapons more deadly than pitchforks.

Just playing to type. This isn't Kansas after all.