Alt right protests

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-08-2017, 03:49 PM
RE: Alt right protests
(19-08-2017 03:26 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  Did you know that the swastika was around for thousands of years before Hitler turned it into the hateful symbol we think of it now as?

And it will never go back to it's original meaning. It has lost it's innocence for good. Noone will perceive it as a sun wheel and everyone using it will use it for it's nazi symbolism.

Same as this symbol, used by some at the Charlottesville riots.

[Image: 2000px-Black_Sun.svg.png]

It's a lesser known ancient symbol used by the SS, most prominently in the hall of leaders at the SS castle of Wevelsburg.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like abaris's post
19-08-2017, 04:00 PM
(19-08-2017 03:48 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(19-08-2017 03:33 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  adey67 and moms....agreed and agreed. But did either of you take the time to actually read the article? My point is that Hitler hijacked an ancient symbol of something good and turned it into something bad.

Yes, I'm well aware of the history. it doesn't matter in the least because Hitler. I'm sorry but no one can take that shit back now because of him. It is what it is. I'm sure a bunch Hindu's went around and said, "this is why we can't have nice things. Assholes."

That turd cannot be polished into anything. It's unfortunate but we can't be so complacent to think otherwise. As long there are racist thugs who embrace that symbol, it has no place in our society.

True, my maternal grandfather who was present with British forces at the liberation of Bergen Belsen would shake sweat and fly in to an instant rage at the sight of any swastika, the Hindus I know are pretty non plussed at the loss of an ancient symbol, one doctor actually said to me once during my training that its not like they don't have plenty more symbols, after all their iconography is vast.
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
19-08-2017, 04:01 PM
A little bit more on the alt.right at Charlottesville.

Note the symbol on the shield he's carrying.

[Image: lead_960.jpg?1502658819]

It's the symbol of an SS division. Of Dutch volunteers. One wonders why he's chosen that particular one.

[Image: b8862e1002b99d817624e2ffdede1ab9--wilhel...ecruit.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes abaris's post
19-08-2017, 04:04 PM
(19-08-2017 04:01 PM)abaris Wrote:  A little bit more on the alt.right at Charlottesville.

Note the symbol on the shield he's carrying.

[Image: lead_960.jpg?1502658819]

It's the symbol of an SS division. Of Dutch volunteers. One wonders why he's chosen that particular one.

[Image: b8862e1002b99d817624e2ffdede1ab9--wilhel...ecruit.jpg]

Maybe ancestry .com told him he was of Dutch heritage.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
19-08-2017, 04:20 PM
I never suggested that we try to bring back the swastika as a symbol of anything good. Merely pointing out that it wasn't always a symbol of what it is now. If Hitler had used a picture of a chair instead, we would very likely have the same knee-jerk reaction that we do to the swastika.

Prior to Hitler's hateful symbolism, the Red Swastika Society in China was their version of the American Red Cross. Per wikipedia "the Red Swastika Society appears to continue today as a religious organization focused on charity."

You certainly have every right to choose to not read the (short) article I linked which is from the Holocaust Museum website before jumping to a conclusion.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
19-08-2017, 04:23 PM
(19-08-2017 03:49 PM)abaris Wrote:  And it will never go back to it's original meaning. It has lost it's innocence for good. Noone will perceive it as a sun wheel and everyone using it will use it for it's nazi symbolism. ...
Third Reich comes around and suddenly swastikas, Roman salutes, and the name "Adolf" are now synonymous with evil.

[Image: 1udvhp.jpg]

More Min Gee Ziss
[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes TSG's post
19-08-2017, 04:27 PM
I have to admit I have an instant knee-jerk reaction and make strong assumptions about their intelligence level, to anyone wearing this:

[Image: fe73c6ede4aced01d114675dd30df502_1486887_0_big.jpg]

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 3 users Like outtathereligioncloset's post
19-08-2017, 04:34 PM
(19-08-2017 04:27 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  I have to admit I have an instant knee-jerk reaction and make strong assumptions about their intelligence level, to anyone wearing this:

[Image: fe73c6ede4aced01d114675dd30df502_1486887_0_big.jpg]

Why? I didn't think Reagan was that bad. Consider

More Min Gee Ziss
[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes TSG's post
19-08-2017, 04:36 PM
(19-08-2017 04:20 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  I never suggested that we try to bring back the swastika as a symbol of anything good. Merely pointing out that it wasn't always a symbol of what it is now. If Hitler had used a picture of a chair instead, we would very likely have the same knee-jerk reaction that we do to the swastika.

Prior to Hitler's hateful symbolism, the Red Swastika Society in China was their version of the American Red Cross. Per wikipedia "the Red Swastika Society appears to continue today as a religious organization focused on charity."

You certainly have every right to choose to not read the (short) article I linked which is from the Holocaust Museum website before jumping to a conclusion.

I only didn't read it because I already knew it was an ancient Hindu symbol, no conclusion jumping required.
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
19-08-2017, 04:39 PM (This post was last modified: 19-08-2017 04:44 PM by abaris.)
(19-08-2017 04:23 PM)TSG Wrote:  Third Reich comes around and suddenly swastikas, Roman salutes, and the name "Adolf" are now synonymous with evil.

And it will stay that way, for at least a few centuries. Possibly as long as there is recorded history. There were always times that leave such strong marks on history that people will associate certain symbols with them.

Right now at least, these symbols aren't used innocently by anyone. Not in our cultural sphere.

[+] 4 users Like abaris's post