Alt right protests

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-08-2017, 10:24 PM
RE: Alt right protests
(19-08-2017 10:19 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(19-08-2017 10:09 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I'll take it.

Not so fast!

Just pass the damn bottle around. I don't have cooties...that I know of.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-08-2017, 10:26 PM
(19-08-2017 10:09 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(19-08-2017 10:08 PM)DLJ Wrote:  And if either of you want my accumulation of vodka (from my Mongolian client) lemme know. I can't stand the stuff.

Rainbow Vomit

I'll take it.

Angry Ima gonna tell Manly.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
19-08-2017, 10:42 PM
(19-08-2017 10:20 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  ...
I haven't driven since 2009. Should've stopped in 1989 after that whole Quaalude and Jack Daniels business.

Blink
Nor I. Since 2006. For similar reasons I'll be bound.

But I still hit the imaginary brakes in the passenger seat of a taxi. Blush

(19-08-2017 10:20 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  ...
I don't remember the password to the email account and I'm too embarrassed to call Interpol to recover it.

DUMBFUCK

(That's not an insult. That was your password)

Dodgy

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
20-08-2017, 02:22 AM
(19-08-2017 06:20 PM)TSG Wrote:  
(19-08-2017 06:17 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  So what? Those who made a symbol famous, or infamous, add a chapter to that symbol's history. Got a problem with that, take it up with human psychology. The human brain is an associative device, and yours is no different. We remember deep scars, and the deeper the scar the longer the memory. And the murder of millions is a deep scar. People remember that sort of shit.

Before Hitler, fly a swastika all you want. After Hitler, do so understanding that you will summon associations with Hitler, because eleven million murdered and another 25 million or so killed in war.

I am taking it up with human psychology. Fuck human psychology. Why can't we have the psychology of cats?

[Image: qh713wbo4r8y.jpg]

You're forgetting that cats are douchebags.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 2 users Like ELK12695's post
20-08-2017, 03:50 AM
'Nother video from cracked Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
20-08-2017, 07:30 AM
Yesterday I was watching a clip about the Boston protests that I can't find anymore.

It was about cops and protesters chanting "Boston strong" together yesterday, and it was a powerful sight.

I saw it on CNN but can't find any archive of it.

Anyway, it happened, and showed how police and protesters can work together and make the protest stronger.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
20-08-2017, 05:52 PM
(19-08-2017 05:42 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  Quoted from this article:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/45th_Infan...ed_States)

"The 45th Infantry Division was an infantry division of the United States Army, part of the Oklahoma Army National Guard, from 1920 to 1968."

"The division's original shoulder sleeve insignia, approved in August 1924, featured a swastika, a common Native American symbol, as a tribute to the Southwestern United States region which had a large population of Native Americans. However, with the rise of the Nazi Party in Germany, with its infamous swastika symbol, the 45th Division stopped using the insignia."

We get it. Before the swastika was recontextualized, people liked it. But once such an odious cause as NaZiism adopted it, people didn't want to be associated with the party by way of their symbology.

You seem to think that symbols have inherent meanings. They don't. The meaning given those symbols is applied by humans depending on ... wait for it ... context.

This might come as a surprise to you, but in many places in the world, the Stars and Stripes are viewed as a symbol of oppression or invasion, rather than liberty. Deal with it.
20-08-2017, 06:02 PM
(19-08-2017 06:06 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
Quote:"Looks like many anti-police agitators in Boston. Police are looking tough and smart! Thank you," Trump wrote on Twitter.

No wonder LDH loves DJT ... they're 69ing.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
20-08-2017, 07:31 PM (This post was last modified: 20-08-2017 08:46 PM by outtathereligioncloset.)
"You seem to think that symbols have inherent meanings." (etc.)

Nope. You seem to presume to know what I think. Nope.

Let's not start making assumptions like that about each other. We're better than that. Or at least a assume we are...

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
21-08-2017, 07:29 AM
(20-08-2017 07:31 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  "You seem to think that symbols have inherent meanings." (etc.)

Nope. You seem to presume to know what I think. Nope.

Let's not start making assumptions like that about each other. We're better than that. Or at least a assume we are...

I can only go by what you post here, with your complaints regarding the recontextualization of the swastika. It is not so much an assumption as it is working with what you're presenting. That's kinda, you know, the reason why I used the word "seems".

<shrug>
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post