Gorka has resigned as an aide to Trump.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
26-08-2017, 04:16 AM
RE: Alt right protests
(25-08-2017 03:15 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(25-08-2017 11:26 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  Winners and losers. Not have's and have not's.

Personally, I think this is the exact reason you have so much trouble over there.

Perhaps change winners and losers to Citizens?

BTW. I just noticed you here. Welcome. Smile

I couldn't agree with this more.
Britain however has the opposite problem in perhaps too much state support, therefore quashing peoples incentive and also creating a benefits or welfare trap which can be difficult for people to escape from.
Find all posts by this user
26-08-2017, 06:54 AM
(25-08-2017 11:34 AM)TSG Wrote:  I just remembered that towards the end of last year my AP US History teacher showed us some of the worst essays she had read when she was grading the final exams from around the country. The question was something about feminism in the early 20th century and the suffrage movement, and one kid, either an edge-lord or an alt-righter (I think the former was more likely) went on a tirade about modern 3rd-wave feminism, Antifa, and "special snowflakes". It was hilarious.
Well 3 and 2 years ago there was some standard members here who were so into ranting about those topics too and the ails and impurities of that. A several of them were young highscool/college age.

Wouldn't be surprised if a couple old posters like res republic think of themselves as altright these days.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
12-10-2017, 04:43 PM (This post was last modified: 12-10-2017 09:12 PM by Full Circle.)
These idiots marched again in Charlottesville. Facepalm

The real reason for this post though is a few days ago I saw in my FB feed a meme that was shared by my neighbor whom I follow on FB. It read
“I’m proud to be white” I bet no one passes this on because they are scared of be (sic) called a racist”

I let it simmer overnight debating whether to respond or not and finally shared that very post with the following note:

Saying you’re proud of being white is like me saying I’m proud of being 6’1” tall. Pride is something reserved for accomplishments like raising well adjusted children, helping those in need, rebuilding someone’s home after a storm or being in a loving, long lasting marriage.

You can also be proud of small accomplishments like finally being published in a scientific paper, taking an exceptional underwater photo or seeing a young person you helped craft a better resume to land a great job. Being “proud” for an accident of birth is senseless and the person who created this meme and those who agree with it are, at best, misguided and at worst, exactly what they fear they will be thought of...racist.

You want to be proud of something? How about being proud of standing up for equality and justice for all? Now there is something you can be proud of!

I’m glad I responded.

*edited for grammar

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 12 users Like Full Circle's post
12-10-2017, 04:48 PM
Alt right protests
Why aren't they pumping up napoleon, Christopher Columbus, Leif Erickson, George the 4th, etc. Of its about white heritage where's the people that represent that which don't represent a traitor to your current nation

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
12-10-2017, 07:13 PM
(12-10-2017 04:43 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  These idiots marched again in Charlottesville. Facepalm

The real reason for this post though is a few days ago I saw in my FB feed a meme that was shared by my neighbor whom I follow on FB. It read
“I’m proud to be white” I bet no one passes this on because they are scared of be (sic) called a racist”

I let it simmer overnight debating whether to respond or not and finally shared that very post with the following note:

Saying you’re proud of being white is like me saying I’m proud of being 6’1” tall. Pride is something reserved for accomplishments like raising well adjusted children, helping those in need, rebuilding someone’s home after a storm or being in a loving, long lasting marriage.

You can also be proud of small accomplishments like finally being published in a scientific paper, taking an exceptional underwater photo or seeing a young person you helped craft a better resume for land a great job. Being “proud” for an accident of birth is senseless and the person who created this meme and those who agree with it are, at best, misguided and at worst, exactly what they fear they will be thought of...racist.

You want to be proud of something? How about being proud of standing up for equality and justice for all? Now there is something you can be proud of!

I’m glad I responded.

I'm proud to be white. My neighbor up the way has a Mexican pride bumper sticker. A few houses over the lesbian couple have a rainbow gay pride flag hanging over their porch. People can be proud of their heritage, their food, their culture, whatever. Now, I know liberal pansies suffer from white guilt and all, but not all of us white people do. I have no white guilt. I never owned a slave. I have never oppressed a person of color. And I sure as shit don't think any person alive today should be given special treatment because their ancestors were slaves. Every race in America already has equality and justice. If any one group has it worse than another it is due to their own choices. Gangs. Drugs. Thug culture. It's a choice to fail. I have no pity or sympathy. I'm white and proud. And if someone is black and proud I support them. If they are Mexican and proud I support that too. If they are "gangster" I don't support that. If they are criminals I don't support that either. If someone wants to get tattoos on their face, talk slang, sag their pants and wear a shirt down to their knees and wonder why they can't get a job, well, that's their problem. Can't fix stupid.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
12-10-2017, 07:27 PM
(12-10-2017 07:13 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Every race in America already has equality and justice.

You're an ignorant fuck is what you are.

(12-10-2017 07:13 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Can't fix stupid.

Got that right. Drinking Beverage

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 5 users Like evenheathen's post
12-10-2017, 07:46 PM (This post was last modified: 12-10-2017 07:53 PM by GirlyMan.)
(12-10-2017 07:13 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I'm proud to be white.

You find pride in your accident of birth instead of personal accomplishments and contributions to society. Is this because you have no other accomplishments or contributions to society other than being born white? This is why you are pond scum not worthy of citizenship.

#sigh
[+] 10 users Like GirlyMan's post
12-10-2017, 07:49 PM
(12-10-2017 07:27 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(12-10-2017 07:13 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Every race in America already has equality and justice.

You're an ignorant fuck is what you are.

(12-10-2017 07:13 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Can't fix stupid.

Got that right. Drinking Beverage

The day Barrack Hussein Obama became president was the day it was proven that no longer can any race say they are oppressed. It's over. We're all equal. We all can be anything we want if we try. Only a jackass can fail in this country.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
12-10-2017, 07:57 PM (This post was last modified: 12-10-2017 08:07 PM by GirlyMan.)
(12-10-2017 07:49 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Only a jackass can fail in this country.

From what I can tell from all your bitching and whining, you have failed, jackass.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post