Alt right protests

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-10-2017, 09:49 PM
RE: Alt right protests
(14-10-2017 07:06 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(14-10-2017 07:01 PM)Dom Wrote:  I sure hope time hurries up then.

I pulled all my money out of the market because the time is very soon.

Is it now under you mattress? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
14-10-2017, 09:53 PM
(14-10-2017 09:49 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-10-2017 07:06 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I pulled all my money out of the market because the time is very soon.

I am actually curious as to whatever cockamamie scheme Girly has for reinvesting it.

Possum farms? Moonshine bootleggers? Professional lawnmower racing? Tongue

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
14-10-2017, 10:18 PM
(14-10-2017 09:53 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(14-10-2017 09:49 PM)Chas Wrote:  Is it now under you mattress? Consider

I am actually curious as to whatever cockamamie scheme Girly has for reinvesting it.

Moonshine stills in the middle of Honey Badger farms, but those are just there to throw you off of the high grade pot he has in the hydroponic farm in the basement.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
15-10-2017, 02:14 AM
(14-10-2017 10:18 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(14-10-2017 09:53 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I am actually curious as to whatever cockamamie scheme Girly has for reinvesting it.

Moonshine stills in the middle of Honey Badger farms, but those are just there to throw you off of the high grade pot he has in the hydroponic farm in the basement.

So are the honey badgers there for cultivation, or muscle? Consider

Also, if his investment goes up in smoke, was it still a good investment? Big Grin

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
15-10-2017, 08:19 AM
(14-10-2017 09:49 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-10-2017 07:06 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I pulled all my money out of the market because the time is very soon.

About the same thing, T-bills. Smile

#sigh
15-10-2017, 08:36 AM
(15-10-2017 08:19 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(14-10-2017 09:49 PM)Chas Wrote:  Is it now under you mattress? Consider

About the same thing, T-bills. Smile

I pulled half and am about to pull the other half.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
15-10-2017, 08:50 AM
Sorry Moms and Dom, I want this to die too but I want to address a point here:

(14-10-2017 08:46 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Also, given our back and forth, I wasn't in the best mood to be giving you the benefit of the doubt. I figured that if you wanted to throw yourself onto that particular sword, as you admittedly did without first checking the context, then I wasn't about to stop you. Do I think you're a neo-fascist? No. Do I think that agreeing with alt-right talking points that control the narrative and steer it away any substance makes you a bit of a patsy? Sure do. But there are certainly worse things out there.

Being called a patsy for the alt-right isn't as bad as being called sympathetic to racists or nazis but I just want you recognize the pattern and perhaps reconsider use of the tactic (or at least understand why it's ineffective except to the gullible).

I have an independently formed opinion on the matter. Others have very persuasively argued that kneeling is actually in the best traditions of American values (sorry non-Americans, you get my meaning), it is risky and brave, it is a potent method of drawing attention to the grievance, etc. All reasonable positions, no ad hominem needed.

You feel strongly about the issue of the protests. I take it you educate yourself and have judged the issue on its merits and have come to your own conclusions. Should I call you a mindless patsy, a shill, a puppet for BLM, who obviously have their hand shoved so far up your asshole they can tickle your vocal cords and make you squawk like a parrot? "Culture jamming! Culture jamming! Squawk!" No, I shouldn't. I am way too much of a gentleman to do such a thing. Angel

15-10-2017, 10:54 AM
(14-10-2017 07:06 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(14-10-2017 07:01 PM)Dom Wrote:  I sure hope time hurries up then.

I pulled all my money out of the market because the time is very soon.

But weren't you adding to your 401k monthly into a balanced fund?
Trying to time the market is a fool's errand, and that's me speaking from experience after a great many years.

Brings the topic of money into the thread...fucking Girly.
Heart

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
15-10-2017, 11:01 AM
(15-10-2017 10:54 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  

But weren't you adding to your 401k monthly into a balanced fund?
Trying to time the market is a fool's errand, and that's me speaking from experience after a great many years.

Heart

I have never pulled anything out other than a couple of large purchases in some 30 years. I do not trust the market now - at all. I may be right and I may be wrong - but if I am wrong, not much is lost except some earnings, and if I am right, all is saved and would be lost otherwise.

The government is unstable and provides an unstable environment for companies. I don't like what I am seeing at all.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
15-10-2017, 11:12 AM
(15-10-2017 11:01 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(15-10-2017 10:54 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  But weren't you adding to your 401k monthly into a balanced fund?

Heart

I have never pulled anything out other than a couple of large purchases in some 30 years. I do not trust the market now - at all. I may be right and I may be wrong - but if I am wrong, not much is lost except some earnings, and if I am right, all is saved and would be lost otherwise.

The government is unstable and provides an unstable environment for companies. I don't like what I am seeing at all.

I'm with you and Girly. Very uneasy about the market.
[+] 2 users Like julep's post