Alternative Medicine Kills Kids Dead

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-03-2016, 08:18 PM
RE: Alternative Medicine Kills Kids Dead
(13-03-2016 01:43 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Should the parents be convicted of murder they'd need an appeals lawyer like their child needed a doctor! Angry
No... Consider
I think y'all should let Gawd get ya off the hook! Dodgy

Actually, they haven't been charged with murder. The charge is "failing to provide the necessaries of life." It makes a certain degree of sense given that they weren't actively trying to kill their son.

That probably sounds like a softball sentence but I would not want to be either of those fools once their fellow inmates find out what they're in for.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-03-2016, 09:08 PM
(13-03-2016 08:18 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
(13-03-2016 01:43 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Should the parents be convicted of murder they'd need an appeals lawyer like their child needed a doctor! Angry
No... Consider
I think y'all should let Gawd get ya off the hook! Dodgy

Actually, they haven't been charged with murder. The charge is "failing to provide the necessaries of life." It makes a certain degree of sense given that they weren't actively trying to kill their son.

That probably sounds like a softball sentence but I would not want to be either of those fools once their fellow inmates find out what they're in for.

While I think that these people are incredibly misinformed and mistaken about medicine, which led to their child's death, I hope you aren't advocating violence on the part of their inmates as additional punishment. That sort of thing is not acceptable. I know a guy who was accused by his ex-wife of sexually abusing his children. He spent time in county jail, wouldn't plead to anything less than not guilty, was threatened by the DA for a full life term, beaten by fellow prisoners because he was a "child molester", and eventually put in "protective custody", also known as "solitary", until his trial. He was eventually found not guilty, since the ex-wife admitted that she made it up, in the end, on the witness stand. What sort of punishment would you like for these people's fellow inmates to mete out? I'm not saying what they did is right, but the whole "They will get theirs in prison" attitude just isn't right. This self-perpetuating cycle of violence has to stop at some time. Or did I read it wrong?
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
14-03-2016, 01:36 AM
fireball, you rcomparison doesnt really hold water.

Your friend didnt ever admit to what he was accused of, there wasnt even evidence (as in many of those cases of sexual assault). The parents of the little kid admitted to what they have done. They just think their convictions about medicine deserve more respect than the life of their own child.

A huge difference imho.
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
14-03-2016, 01:59 AM
(14-03-2016 01:36 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  fireball, you rcomparison doesnt really hold water.

Your friend didnt ever admit to what he was accused of, there wasnt even evidence (as in many of those cases of sexual assault). The parents of the little kid admitted to what they have done. They just think their convictions about medicine deserve more respect than the life of their own child.

A huge difference imho.

Even if they are guilty punishment beyond what the law prescribes is also fucken disgusting.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
14-03-2016, 09:11 PM
Alternative Medicine Kills Kids Dead
Pfft. My parents were so weird that when I almost died from meningitis, they put me in a hospital!
14-03-2016, 10:29 PM
(14-03-2016 01:59 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(14-03-2016 01:36 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  fireball, you rcomparison doesnt really hold water.

A huge difference imho.

Even if they are guilty punishment beyond what the law prescribes is also fucken disgusting.

My point, TYVM!
15-03-2016, 03:33 PM
(13-03-2016 09:08 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(13-03-2016 08:18 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Actually, they haven't been charged with murder. The charge is "failing to provide the necessaries of life." It makes a certain degree of sense given that they weren't actively trying to kill their son.

While I think that these people are incredibly misinformed and mistaken about medicine, which led to their child's death, I hope you aren't advocating violence on the part of their inmates as additional punishment. That sort of thing is not acceptable. I know a guy who was accused by his ex-wife of sexually abusing his children. He spent time in county jail, wouldn't plead to anything less than not guilty, was threatened by the DA for a full life term, beaten by fellow prisoners because he was a "child molester", and eventually put in "protective custody", also known as "solitary", until his trial. He was eventually found not guilty, since the ex-wife admitted that she made it up, in the end, on the witness stand. What sort of punishment would you like for these people's fellow inmates to mete out? I'm not saying what they did is right, but the whole "They will get theirs in prison" attitude just isn't right. This self-perpetuating cycle of violence has to stop at some time. Or did I read it wrong?

I'm sorry that your friend was falsely accused and had his life destroyed. I don't think that the analogy stands up well in this case but I take your point. Punishment meted out by inmates is hardly justice and I shouldn't wish that on anybody.

That said, I have to wonder what justice is in this case. If the reaction of the family is any indicator, these imbeciles don't properly comprehend what they did wrong and that's after they managed to let their son die. I'd be tempted to suggest that the judge oder them reversibly sterilized until such a time as they can demonstrate that they won't kill or maim any more offspring but that might be putting a bit too much power in the hands of the courts.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post
15-03-2016, 05:31 PM
(13-03-2016 02:12 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  "kills kids dead"

Uh, can you kill the kids alive? Consider
Apparently you can stab them to better health.

I haven't facepalmed that hard since discovering Spirit Science.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
15-03-2016, 05:33 PM
Double post! Bugger.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
16-03-2016, 12:10 AM
(15-03-2016 05:31 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(13-03-2016 02:12 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  "kills kids dead"

Uh, can you kill the kids alive? Consider
Apparently you can stab them to better health.

I haven't facepalmed that hard since discovering Spirit Science.

Weeping Why did I follow that link?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.