Alternative Medicine Kills Kids Dead

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-03-2016, 09:27 AM
RE: Alternative Medicine Kills Kids Dead
(15-03-2016 05:31 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(13-03-2016 02:12 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  "kills kids dead"

Uh, can you kill the kids alive? Consider
Apparently you can stab them to better health.

I haven't facepalmed that hard since discovering Spirit Science.

Send that link to Luminon; he'll eat it up. Laughat

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-03-2016, 09:30 AM
(12-03-2016 02:21 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Parents of toddler who died of meningitis used home remedies rather than consult doctor, court hears

Despite being told by a nurse that their son likely had meningitis and should be seen by a doctor, these imbeciles continued treating him with home-made naturopathic remedies. It wasn't until he stopped breathing that the called an ambulance, by which point it was too late.

They should be sterilized and barred from adopting. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-03-2016, 10:09 AM
(13-03-2016 12:56 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Although I haven't dug into their history, I'm not seeing any evidence in the news reports that they were religious or that religion contributed to their son's death.

The parents set up a Facebook page: "Prayers for Ezekiel" and typical of the comments is this... I'm praying for supernatural power for these people of God who were wrongly accused of killing their own child.

Reports also said: "They prayed and hoped and even began seeing improvement".

David Stephans said in addressing his attackers: "Not only do we forgive you, but we love you. We love you as Divine Creations of our Father..... May God bless you with an abundance of love as he has blessed us. May any bitterness that has a place within your soul be far removed from you."

—I think we can conclude from these sorts of things that religion definitely played a large part in the Stephan family. And past experience tells us that religious woo and alternative medicine woo often go hand in hand. Both are a predisposition of the unscientific mindset.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
16-03-2016, 03:40 PM
(16-03-2016 10:09 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(13-03-2016 12:56 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Although I haven't dug into their history, I'm not seeing any evidence in the news reports that they were religious or that religion contributed to their son's death.

The parents set up a Facebook page: "Prayers for Ezekiel" and typical of the comments is this... I'm praying for supernatural power for these people of God who were wrongly accused of killing their own child.

Reports also said: "They prayed and hoped and even began seeing improvement".

David Stephans said in addressing his attackers: "Not only do we forgive you, but we love you. We love you as Divine Creations of our Father..... May God bless you with an abundance of love as he has blessed us. May any bitterness that has a place within your soul be far removed from you."

—I think we can conclude from these sorts of things that religion definitely played a large part in the Stephan family. And past experience tells us that religious woo and alternative medicine woo often go hand in hand. Both are a predisposition of the unscientific mindset.

Thanks. I hadn't dug into their Facepalm page. Ironing my tongue seemed less painful.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
16-03-2016, 03:41 PM
(15-03-2016 05:31 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(13-03-2016 02:12 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  "kills kids dead"

Uh, can you kill the kids alive? Consider
Apparently you can stab them to better health.

I haven't facepalmed that hard since discovering Spirit Science.

Because nothing says pointless like a sword made of gypsum.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
27-04-2016, 08:21 PM
(12-03-2016 02:35 PM)cactus Wrote:  Their kid's name was Ezekiel. Why does that not surprise me? Drinking Beverage

And yet he didn't get lifted up to heaven before he died.
27-04-2016, 08:28 PM
(13-03-2016 02:19 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  <massive snippage>
I agree with Szuchow, that they should not be allowed to have kids in the first place.
<massive snippage>

Everyone should be allowed to have kids, but anyone should be allowed to take those kids and tell the judge "They were a significant danger to this child." and if they can prove it they keep the kid or adopt it out to the parents of their choosing. The RSPCA (ASPCA in the US) can take your dogs if you don't give them needed care, why can't I take your kid if you don't?

Some of my relatives took a kid from abusive parents who were whipping him tied to a fence. They told the parents that he was their's now and they'd better not raise a fuss. They didn't because my granduncles and grandfather were big guys. He was raised as one of the family and nobody ever objected. Simpler if stranger times.