Alternative to Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-04-2015, 12:45 PM
Alternative to Facebook
Well, facebook tossed me out. Now they want me to send them government ID to let me back in.

I suppose they didn't like that I said I was 110 years old. Tongue They want an ID with birth date. They also don't want me to use my obviously made up username there.

I don't like putting my identity online, I want my privacy respected, and Facebook didn't ask for this when I joined. I should sue them for making me lose the cash I spent on building up games I cannot play anymore.

Anyway, I am looking for other places that are like FB. Having games to play is a plus. And they must respect privacy.

(Drums fingers.... I really miss my landscaping game. Tongue )

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-04-2015, 12:52 PM
RE: Alternative to Facebook
Why not sign up for a mafia game here? Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like Smercury44's post
25-04-2015, 01:00 PM
Well, there is the commonality of pushing daisies, but that's about it. Tongue

The game I was playing lets you create beautiful 3D landscapes - you can build hard scapes and have all kinds of flowers and trees - hundreds of them, and the building the gardens are for can be altered and given any color scheme - I had a ton of fun with that. Not the same as Mafia. Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
25-04-2015, 01:04 PM
You are the first person I have heard of being thrown off Facebook. What in the world was your name on there...Death to Zuckerberg?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
25-04-2015, 01:14 PM
(25-04-2015 01:04 PM)Anjele Wrote:  You are the first person I have heard of being thrown off Facebook. What in the world was your name on there...Death to Zuckerberg?

It happens a lot. And it will happen more and more. A lot of people use playful names or names they like better or descriptive names or whatever. And FB's business model needs all the personal info they can gather - they sell you then to their advertisers. This allows for very targeted advertising, facebook knows what you like, where you live, what your friends like, how old you are, what gender you are etc.

So lately FB has been on a mission to kill off all made up names.

One of the casualties are drag queens - especially professional ones who use FB for business. Instead of Queen Sabrina you now have Bert Hoffman. There was quite an upheaval about this in the transvestite community.

Anyway, I got caught up in this and I just hate to give up my privacy. So I am looking for alternatives.

25-04-2015, 01:18 PM
Alternative to Facebook
Try tsu.co
25-04-2015, 01:27 PM
(25-04-2015 12:45 PM)Dom Wrote:  Well, facebook tossed me out. Now they want me to send them government ID to let me back in.

I suppose they didn't like that I said I was 110 years old. Tongue They want an ID with birth date. They also don't want me to use my obviously made up username there.

I don't like putting my identity online, I want my privacy respected, and Facebook didn't ask for this when I joined. I should sue them for making me lose the cash I spent on building up games I cannot play anymore.

Anyway, I am looking for other places that are like FB. Having games to play is a plus. And they must respect privacy.

(Drums fingers.... I really miss my landscaping game. Tongue )

You should have told them you were a biblical patriarch and were 950 years old. Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
25-04-2015, 01:39 PM
(25-04-2015 01:00 PM)Dom Wrote:  Well, there is the commonality of pushing daisies, but that's about it. Tongue

The game I was playing lets you create beautiful 3D landscapes - you can build hard scapes and have all kinds of flowers and trees - hundreds of them, and the building the gardens are for can be altered and given any color scheme - I had a ton of fun with that. Not the same as Mafia. Tongue

If you play FarmVille they have a way you can play it without Facebook -- at least they used to. Check out the zynga website. They also used to have an independent ap for mobile users.

I think farm town used to support the same thing.

You might try googling to see if the game you like is supported that way.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

25-04-2015, 02:05 PM
(25-04-2015 01:39 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(25-04-2015 01:00 PM)Dom Wrote:  Well, there is the commonality of pushing daisies, but that's about it. Tongue

If you play FarmVille they have a way you can play it without Facebook -- at least they used to. Check out the zynga website. They also used to have an independent ap for mobile users.

No, it's not, it's supported by unity player and only on FB.

And I hate zynga games, I hate this quest stuff, it's moronic. I just like to design stuff...

Farm town isn't bad, I could look for that. The graphics aren't anything like the landscaping game though. I am afraid I am going to be really hard to please. Weeping

25-04-2015, 02:08 PM
(25-04-2015 02:05 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(25-04-2015 01:39 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  If you play FarmVille they have a way you can play it without Facebook -- at least they used to. Check out the zynga website. They also used to have an independent ap for mobile users.

No, it's not, it's supported by unity player and only on FB.

And I hate zynga games, I hate this quest stuff, it's moronic. I just like to design stuff...

Farm town isn't bad, I could look for that. The graphics aren't anything like the landscaping game though. I am afraid I am going to be really hard to please. Weeping

Hug

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces